Sweet 16 Picks

You, soccerfan63, and Messi seem like a He-man Loveland Haters Club. I have a ton of respect for that staff and what they do, having coached myself. Like I said, you don’t like the style and think your way is better. That’s fine. But you won’t sell me on the “they’re just fortunate to have more talent than everyone” line of reasoning. Not for a district that size for such a sustained period.

Hopefully you get the chance to coach a high school girls team and put your theory to the test.
As I said in my post, it is NOT about the size of the district. It is about the soccer community. Read my post again. And why the personal attacks on us? We are just expressing our opinion and all the old guard Yapsters can do is accuse any new member of being a parent who doesn't know anything about the game. Maybe that is why no one posts on these boards anymore. Express your opinion and the old guard attack you. I am going to try to justify myself to you or anyone else on this board, but if you want to go down that road send me a private message and we can compare credentials and use real names instead hiding behind these anonymous fake names. If you have respect for the Loveland coaching staff that is great, but if you really knew the game and saw the training sessions at a LHS practice you would think otherwise. The general consensus in the Loveland soccer community is just that, the program is successful because of the talent and not the coaching.

As I said in my post, it is NOT about the size of the district. It is about the soccer community. Read my post again. And why the personal attacks on us? We are just expressing our opinion and all the old guard Yapsters can do is accuse any new member of being a parent who doesn't know anything about the game. Maybe that is why no one posts on these boards anymore. Express your opinion and the old guard attack you. I am going to try to justify myself to you or anyone else on this board, but if you want to go down that road send me a private message and we can compare credentials and use real names instead hiding behind these anonymous fake names. If you have respect for the Loveland coaching staff that is great, but if you really knew the game and saw the training sessions at a LHS practice you would think otherwise. The general consensus in the Loveland soccer community is just that, the program is successful because of the talent and not the coaching.
Please show me where I attacked you?? If “He Man Loveland Haters Club” is what triggered you, I think you’ll need thicker skin to survive around here. You all have made oddly similar posts harping about one specific thing. That’s all I’m saying. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I’ll pass on measuring schlongs with you, but thanks for the invitation. If I could PM you a box of tissues, I would.

As to your opinion about the most successful program in the region in recent years, we will have to agree to disagree.

By the way, I was impressed with Loveland tonight. KD took over the game for West, but Loveland played well. Only because of their talent though. Coaching was obviously crap. :rolleyes:

soccerdaddy3

It's not really the size of the school, but the amount of talent that resides in that community. There is a ton of talent in the Loveland school district. Over the last 5 years, I would argue that Loveland had the most talented group of players in the region. The coaching staff are not "damn good at what they do", they are just fortunate to have a great feeder system. That coaching staff ruins players at the expense of winning games. Kids grow up working on ball skills, moves, passing, finesse and get to that program and are told to run over people, clear balls out of the back instead of working through the midfield, not use ball skills and moves but simply play the ball long, etc. It is so frustrating for many players that some decide they would rather not play than play that ugly game. (4 likely starters and 7 likely roster players did just that this year.). Now, does it work and get wins? Sure. So if that is your only measuring stick then you are right. If I wanted to win and sacrifice player development then it works. For some on this board, that is your only barometer. For others, including many in the Loveland soccer community, we wonder why we spend all that time and money teaching kids to trap a ball, to develop ball skill, to work on moves, to pass and play possession when all that matters at the HS level is how well you can win a ball out of the air and run people over.

And the argument that style doesn't matter as long as you win is just wrong. There is a difference between playing kickball and playing direct with a purpose. There is a difference between playing a long, searching pass and just clearing the ball randomly. Between speed as a method to stretching the field and relying on speed as the only way to beat a defense, or as a crutch to make up for poor defensive technique. There is a hierarchy in soccer that is not based on winning and losing, but playing with style. Ask any Brazilian or Italian fan about winning with style . There are "ugly' wins and "pretty" (not the right word) losses. Loveland relies on ugly wins with big, physical players.

Again, I am not saying it doesn't work to play that style, before someone goes down that road. I remember when I first starting coaching HS soccer in the early 90's . I went to the state finals to watch Bay Village (boys) play some team I don't remember. Bay had two, huge, muscular twins at midfield that had suspect skill but just simply ran over the other team. They won the state title, but I remember thinking that I really hope this is not what HS soccer is. Unfortunately, years later HS soccer still looks like that for some schools. Can't we move the game forward at the HS level?

Got your CV. Impressive, but I couldn’t care less. I don’t care if you’re Pep Guardiola. My whole point is that I disagree with your premise that there is one way to play and that way is objectively the only way and Loveland or whatever other program that plays a different style has to be wrong. That’s it.

My opinion set you off for some reason, which leads me to believe you are personally a lot closer to this than you are letting on, but that is none of my business and I’m not really interested in getting into it any further. You clearly take a lot of pride in your credentials and allegedly superior knowledge of the game. Good for you. Not sure why you feel the need to post from multiple screen names, but again - that’s none of my business.

jaguarsoccer

I have no connection to Loveland or any other SW Ohio HS, but this post is the reason there are less and less quality high school coaches. Typical parent with 5 different screen names that most likely had his/her daughter either cut from a HS program or doesn't start on HS team while starts at some club or whatever, and finds the cowardly way to 'get high school coach back' because of daughter either not being talented enough to start on a good, quality HS program or refuses to 'buy in' to a specific HS program atmosphere or mindset. Apparently this parent sits up at night every night thinking of ways to destroy a HS program- next obvious step will be to go to School Admin then School Board to complain. (see Fenwick thread). Knowing the facts of where these players play club soccer, Mr or Mrs 5 screen names could not be more wrong about the talent level- since 90% of Loveland players are at average or lower level clubs. (more proof this parent is a parent of a kid who got cut or doesn't start or whatever- how embarrassing that the daughter can't start at a HS with, while not much high club level talent, most players buy into a TEAM philosophy except for her). Do the sport and your daughter a favor and sit in the stands, cheer politely for the players who ARE playing for a coach that is probably one of 5 left in the entire state that teaches team vs individual (based on recent success and overall opinions of him), and back away from your laptop or cell. You are actually embarrassing yourself and being a horrible parent, at least publicly on this site.

BASESWIMPARENT

Why on this board for all sports, do we criticize every poster that complains about the coaches and the officials. Sometimes they are just bad. I think the Loveland coach stirs up a lot of controversy. It is a matter of style and compromise for the time he has available but I can tell you other high school coaches don't like it. (I sat next to one on Saturday night). And two of the officials at Lakota game were simply not good enough for the speed and quality of the game. I appreciate that these coaches and officials are not getting compensated enough for their time but they need to be worthy of the players that there are coaching and officiating. How can they do this? Coach for a club. Officiate in the off-season. Watch their players in the off-season. Be the duty experts. The good thing about soccer is that if you don't think the high school coach is worthy of your time and you want to get better, you can play for a club in season in meaningful games. I think this may be the only sport other than swimming that this is possible. High school sports are still a great thing on many levels but coaches and officials must stay current and get better.

messiwannabe

I have no connection to Loveland or any other SW Ohio HS, but this post is the reason there are less and less quality high school coaches. Typical parent with 5 different screen names that most likely had his/her daughter either cut from a HS program or doesn't start on HS team while starts at some club or whatever, and finds the cowardly way to 'get high school coach back' because of daughter either not being talented enough to start on a good, quality HS program or refuses to 'buy in' to a specific HS program atmosphere or mindset. Apparently this parent sits up at night every night thinking of ways to destroy a HS program- next obvious step will be to go to School Admin then School Board to complain. (see Fenwick thread). Knowing the facts of where these players play club soccer, Mr or Mrs 5 screen names could not be more wrong about the talent level- since 90% of Loveland players are at average or lower level clubs. (more proof this parent is a parent of a kid who got cut or doesn't start or whatever- how embarrassing that the daughter can't start at a HS with, while not much high club level talent, most players buy into a TEAM philosophy except for her). Do the sport and your daughter a favor and sit in the stands, cheer politely for the players who ARE playing for a coach that is probably one of 5 left in the entire state that teaches team vs individual (based on recent success and overall opinions of him), and back away from your laptop or cell. You are actually embarrassing yourself and being a horrible parent, at least publicly on this site.
You really have no clue. I know Beautifulgame and he is a HS coach. There are at least five of us from Loveland posting on this board regarding this, and we talk often bc we see each other at games and trainings. So the message is similar. I do not think any of us are parents of a LHS player (not yet since some have younger children). We do go to games and have for a while, and really would like to see a change in the program's leadership. Not everyone puts winning at the top of the list, but yappi posters just can't seem to get that. I would gladly take a 14-4 season over a 17-3 season and have the program play quality soccer, use the skills of the players that join the program, and have the girls enjoy playing HS soccer. There are just too many girls that hate playing in this program and for this coaching staff. I know, they win. They won a state title. But for many of us in Loveland, we want our girls to enjoy playing and to have a good experience in their HS years. Ten years from now, players will remember the overall experience and not whether they made it to the regional finals vs. the regional semifinals. Some won't even have a memory because they hated playing and quit.

Don't let facts get in your way, but here they are:

"Mr or Mrs 5 screen names could not be more wrong about the talent level- since 90% of Loveland players are at average or lower level clubs."

2 OE ECNL, 1 DA, 1 Pre-DA, 5 Cup Gold, 3 OE Academy , 3 Impact. A far cry from "90% at average or lowel level clubs". The Impact team that some of the younger girls play for is a very good team and plays at a high level.

As a coach, I have learned that often parents have some valid points, and it might be wise to listen to the feedback of your customers. Yes, there are always the sour grape parent who is unrealistic, but many parents these days, unlike 15 years ago, have played the game, know the game, and have had their child coached by quality club coaches for years only to get to HS and have a weak coach. Listen to them and you may become a better coach. Take a step back, put away your ego, and process what they are saying. When a parent hears that a coach tells their child to "forget about all of your fancy moves and just run through the player", as TK and his assistant do, it is cause for concern.

You really have no clue. I know Beautifulgame and he is a HS coach. There are at least five of us from Loveland posting on this board regarding this, and we talk often bc we see each other at games and trainings. So the message is similar. I do not think any of us are parents of a LHS player (not yet since some have younger children). We do go to games and have for a while, and really would like to see a change in the program's leadership. Not everyone puts winning at the top of the list, but yappi posters just can't seem to get that. I would gladly take a 14-4 season over a 17-3 season and have the program play quality soccer, use the skills of the players that join the program, and have the girls enjoy playing HS soccer. There are just too many girls that hate playing in this program and for this coaching staff. I know, they win. They won a state title. But for many of us in Loveland, we want our girls to enjoy playing and to have a good experience in their HS years. Ten years from now, players will remember the overall experience and not whether they made it to the regional finals vs. the regional semifinals. Some won't even have a memory because they hated playing and quit.

"Mr or Mrs 5 screen names could not be more wrong about the talent level- since 90% of Loveland players are at average or lower level clubs."

2 OE ECNL, 1 DA, 1 Pre-DA, 5 Cup Gold, 3 OE Academy , 3 Impact. A far cry from "90% at average or lowel level clubs". The Impact team that some of the younger girls play for is a very good team and plays at a high level.

As a coach, I have learned that often parents have some valid points, and it might be wise to listen to the feedback of your customers. Yes, there are always the sour grape parent who is unrealistic, but many parents these days, unlike 15 years ago, have played the game, know the game, and have had their child coached by quality club coaches for years only to get to HS and have a weak coach. Listen to them and you may become a better coach. Take a step back, put away your ego, and process what they are saying. When a parent hears that a coach tells their child to "forget about all of your fancy moves and just run through the player", as TK and his assistant do, it is cause for concern.
Ahh, yes, the classic “I’m not a parent but I go to all the games and have incredibly intimate knowledge of everything surrounding the team because I’m a local coach who somehow has the time to do all that despite having young kids” defense. You’re full of it. The “5” of you (who are the same person) appear to be bringing a personal vendetta to an Internet forum and posting half truths from a skewed perspective in the hopes that someone will hear you and discredit a successful coach who has positively impacted more players on and off the field than most others could ever hope to. Even if the “5” of you aren’t the same person, then it’s a coordinated smear campaign seeking validation for your kiddos and that is shameful. When you coach for 20+ years, there are bound to be girls who don’t have a good experience in the program. I have personally experienced it. Never experienced mom and/or dad like this though. Yikes.

It’s a false narrative perpetuated by a very vocal minority. That program is as healthy as it has ever been. I can only speak to the last 5 or 6 years, but there have been 6 or so former players involved with that coaching staff. More than that the further back you go. But here comes dad telling everyone about “how it really is.” Not wasting my time with that.

messiwannabe

Got to love parents. You lose, they complain. You win, they complain.... They are only happy if little Suzie plays every minute, nothing else matters. Pretty sad, that Loveland and the staff are being bashed by a few disgruntled parents on here probably because their kid/s don't play much, or got put on JV instead of Varsity, or quit for whatever reason. It is impossible to sit in Stands with parents anymore. They complain about everything and anything.

Loveland the last 6 years has been the most consistent team at the top and making the run deep in the tournament almost every year.

My question would be... Would you rather go .500 and "play beautiful soccer" and lose 2nd round of tournament ... OR Go 17-3, and make the Elite 8 of the tournament..... I know my answer, #2. The reality is, HS soccer doesnt get the player pool as a ECNL team or National league team would. Not every HS has those players to ping it around and play out of the back to perfection. You are dealt the cards that are in front of you. You have to get tactical and give your kids the best chance to win. What Loveland does, obviously works in HS. You only get these kids for a few short months every year.
Kudos to TK and Staff for a job well done each year. They always find a way....

Look, I know our criticism of TK and the coaching staff hits home for several of you. You are close friends with him, related, or have some other connection. Ted, Cincy Soccer Central, Jed etc. are all part of the "good ole boy" HS coaches network that goes way back with TK. Don't take it personally, we are not attacking you, just the problems we see. It is way more than "6 or so players" who have had a problem with this program.

As I have said before, I am not all about winning, and you guys are. So if you measure success by wins then we are not on the same page. HS coaches develop young people and influence them more than they know, and in my opinion, this staff has failed miserably in that regard.

Yappi seems to have become a place where if you criticize a coach, you are immediately labeled as "one of THOSE parents" whose "little Suzie" has been treated poorly. Then you get attacked personally. This is a convenient reply to deflect any criticism of the coach, because you know, parents don't know anything. As a coach, I take parents feedback VERY seriously, and I think you should also.

The fact is TK is not respected by his peers (where are all of the "Coach of the Year" honors outside of the league?), has a poor reputation by the parents of the players he has coached, and is not looked upon favorably by the Loveland soccer community. I know that is hard to accept since you are all long time friends with him, but that is the truth.

I am sure this board is tired of all of this Loveland crap, so I am out on this topic. Not sure about the others who have voiced similar opinions. I guess we go back to the OE vs. CUP discussion since the good ole boy yapsters dismiss any other topic. Enjoy the crickets on the board bc nobody is going to voice an opinion with all of you old timers shutting down any dialogue and attacking the posters who criticize you buddy TK.

Look, I know our criticism of TK and the coaching staff hits home for several of you. You are close friends with him, related, or have some other connection. Ted, Cincy Soccer Central, Jed etc. are all part of the "good ole boy" HS coaches network that goes way back with TK. Don't take it personally, we are not attacking you, just the problems we see. It is way more than "6 or so players" who have had a problem with this program.

As I have said before, I am not all about winning, and you guys are. So if you measure success by wins then we are not on the same page. HS coaches develop young people and influence them more than they know, and in my opinion, this staff has failed miserably in that regard.

Yappi seems to have become a place where if you criticize a coach, you are immediately labeled as "one of THOSE parents" whose "little Suzie" has been treated poorly. Then you get attacked personally. This is a convenient reply to deflect any criticism of the coach, because you know, parents don't know anything. As a coach, I take parents feedback VERY seriously, and I think you should also.

The fact is TK is not respected by his peers (where are all of the "Coach of the Year" honors outside of the league?), has a poor reputation by the parents of the players he has coached, and is not looked upon favorably by the Loveland soccer community. I know that is hard to accept since you are all long time friends with him, but that is the truth.

I am sure this board is tired of all of this Loveland crap, so I am out on this topic. Not sure about the others who have voiced similar opinions. I guess we go back to the OE vs. CUP discussion since the good ole boy yapsters dismiss any other topic. Enjoy the crickets on the board bc nobody is going to voice an opinion with all of you old timers shutting down any dialogue and attacking the posters who criticize you buddy TK.
Please stop acting like there are more than one of you posting these complaints on here.

I'm just pushing back against illegitimate/undeserved criticism and exaggeration of problems that are unique to a very small group of players. For every disgruntled player you can name, I imagine there are dozens who would disagree with you vehemently, as you are seeing. I'm sure they're all brainwashed or something. Or they just don't know the game as well as you and your "Loveland soccer community friends." You are, after all, God's gift to coaching. :rolleyes:

I just think you picked the wrong coach/program to come after. Paint anyone who disagrees with you with the "good old boy" brush. Whatever. I've known him a long time but am not particularly close to the guy. Just based off the responses you're getting here, you KNOW he is well respected but continue to push your version of this narrative because it's a lot easier to do than admitting that there are legitimate reasons it did not work out for certain girls in that program.

jaguarsoccer

I'm about 99.9% sure, based on your posts and comments, that you are all 5 of those screen names, which would then prove you are also all 5 of the coaches who go to all the Loveland games while running their own programs, and want to see a change in leadership- because i'm sure HS coaches go to each other's games, then demand leadership changes at the other coach's program? Again, i personally could care less either way, and will not get sucked into this conversation any further, but its pretty obvious on the screen names and posts that the Loveland coach must have benched your 'little Suzie' as you put it. I am glad you are removing yourself from this conversation Messi, but unfortunately i will guess that your other 4 screen names will not do the same.

YOU helicopters are the worst and the sad part is YOU can’t even see it. I’m afraid the experience that you are looking for in high school soccer you are not going to find. You have these great club coaches that you speak of and let’s be honest they do not play this game beautifully. You do not have to have an opinion or hand in every part of your kids development. Maybe this is just what your child needs is to play a different style and go through challenges that she isn’t accustomed to so that her overall development and perseverance grows. TK does seem to get those kids to compete hard every year and that is not easy. He plays a bit to direct for my taste but I’m not going to crucify a successful high school coach for playing direct. Sorry to burst your bubble, but LL doesn’t have a ton of kids to play with the quality that you desire to see so badly.

I see that you mention that you are a coach or have been and as someone who is and has been a coach for a while I am disappointed in your approach. I personally feel it is pretty low of you to try to destroy the coach that represents your community and the person that takes time away from his family to coach your child. You do all of this not because he is a bad human being, not because he’s some type of piece of S***. You do this to this guy because you disagree with his tactical approach to the game????????????

I guess this is what you 6 parents sound like in the stands during the game. Let me complain because we are winning too much. We don’t like winning out here in Loveland it is beneath us. We require a certain style of play or should I say je-ne-sais-quoi to the art of the game of soccer. We would much rather our Mia loose every game as long as we feel good about ourselves as parents when we leave the game. We will get you fired or smear your name if you don’t play the way us parents demand.

Funny thing is LD your most talented player thanked her coaches and players on a great experience on social media. She is a player that is technical and tries to play the beautiful game the you speak of yet she was thankful and you are bitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

BASESWIMPARENT

YOU helicopters are the worst and the sad part is YOU can’t even see it. I’m afraid the experience that you are looking for in high school soccer you are not going to find. You have these great club coaches that you speak of and let’s be honest they do not play this game beautifully. You do not have to have an opinion or hand in every part of your kids development. Maybe this is just what your child needs is to play a different style and go through challenges that she isn’t accustomed to so that her overall development and perseverance grows. TK does seem to get those kids to compete hard every year and that is not easy. He plays a bit to direct for my taste but I’m not going to crucify a successful high school coach for playing direct. Sorry to burst your bubble, but LL doesn’t have a ton of kids to play with the quality that you desire to see so badly.

I see that you mention that you are a coach or have been and as someone who is and has been a coach for a while I am disappointed in your approach. I personally feel it is pretty low of you to try to destroy the coach that represents your community and the person that takes time away from his family to coach your child. You do all of this not because he is a bad human being, not because he’s some type of piece of S***. You do this to this guy because you disagree with his tactical approach to the game????????????

I guess this is what you 6 parents sound like in the stands during the game. Let me complain because we are winning too much. We don’t like winning out here in Loveland it is beneath us. We require a certain style of play or should I say je-ne-sais-quoi to the art of the game of soccer. We would much rather our Mia loose every game as long as we feel good about ourselves as parents when we leave the game. We will get you fired or smear your name if you don’t play the way us parents demand.

Funny thing is LD your most talented player thanked her coaches and players on a great experience on social media. She is a player that is technical and tries to play the beautiful game the you speak of yet she was thankful and you are bitter.
Like I said another thread, soccer is one of the few sports where on can play and develop in meaningful games during the season on a club team. If one does not like the head coach, do that. And all of you posters that defend the high school coaches and officials when criticized, quit wondering or even bemoaning why some really good soccer players are not playing high school soccer. I for one would have loved to see where Beavercreek had finished if one of their best players in the school had played this year. And I am not implying she did not like the coach or the style of play but that clearly she felt there was more value for her to play with her club this fall.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie.green02

It doesn’t matter whether you play HS or Club if you’re a great player you will be great regardless of your coach/teammates or style of play! The great players work hard at practice, they are at the gym - they work on skills outside of practice - they give 110% all the time and they don’t blame things on the coach not being good enough or players around them not being good enough to make their skills better!!! They will rise to the top no matter what their surroundings and they will be humble and do whatever it takes to win, even if it means their teammates shine more than they do!! That is truly a great player in any sport that requires you to be a team player!!

BASESWIMPARENT

It doesn’t matter whether you play HS or Club if you’re a great player you will be great regardless of your coach/teammates or style of play! The great players work hard at practice, they are at the gym - they work on skills outside of practice - they give 110% all the time and they don’t blame things on the coach not being good enough or players around them not being good enough to make their skills better!!! They will rise to the top no matter what their surroundings and they will be humble and do whatever it takes to win, even if it means their teammates shine more than they do!! That is truly a great player in any sport that requires you to be a team player!!
This post is ridiculous. I am tired of hearing this nonsense. Coaching matters. Playing with players that are as dedicated and as good as you matters. Lakota West was one of the favored teams because they had 3 young ladies decide to play HS who in the past played with the DA. Their skills were a big reason that West won the State championship. In big school athletics, you show me a team with highly rated club trained players (and this goes for basketball, baseball, softball, swimming, volleyball) and I will show you team that is favored to win State. This in no way diminishes the high school experience or the dedication of high school coaches. Talent and skill matters.

charlie.green02

This post is ridiculous. I am tired of hearing this nonsense. Coaching matters. Playing with players that are as dedicated and as good as you matters. Lakota West was one of the favored teams because they had 3 young ladies decide to play HS who in the past played with the DA. Their skills were a big reason that West won the State championship. In big school athletics, you show me a team with highly rated club trained players (and this goes for basketball, baseball, softball, swimming, volleyball) and I will show you team that is favored to win State. This in no way diminishes the high school experience or the dedication of high school coaches. Talent and skill matters.
I think you missed my point - I didn’t say to win the championship - I was talking in general - if you’re great - you will be great regardless