Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Tri-Village this week and they are DIV and they are VERY good !! Will be a very tough out come tourney time !!
I'm not sure what their schedule is, but Tri Village will be a tough out for any of the SWBL teams that they play. They are the clear cut favorite to win the CCC this year, and are likely looking at a 20+ win season. They have a ton of height on the roster. Will start 3 guys over 6'5, including their best player Layne Sarver who is a 6'6 guard, they have 2 other 6'5 players coming off the bench. Tri Village and Preble Shawnee will have some big matchups starting next season in the WOAC.

Just got around to watching the Shawnee vs Brookville scrimmage, and man those two teams were going at each other the whole game. Shawnee ended up on top by a little bit, but it was back and forth the whole time.I’d like to see this game in the tournament it’s a shame it’s not a regular season game.

Just got around to watching the Shawnee vs Brookville scrimmage, and man those two teams were going at each other the whole game. Shawnee ended up on top by a little bit, but it was back and forth the whole time.I’d like to see this game in the tournament it’s a shame it’s not a regular season game.
Any update on how Shrout played in the scrimmage? Seems like this would be a good test for him with Brookville being a decent team being led by Eller at guard. I'd guess those 2 matched up some..

Any update on how Shrout played in the scrimmage? Seems like this would be a good test for him with Brookville being a decent team being led by Eller at guard. I'd guess those 2 matched up some..
Looked a little rusty after two weeks off, but I had him with 13 points 6 rebounds and 9 assists. His shot will be much better maybe a little nervous, but again I feel like I’m repeating myself Singleton comes out with 24 points 15 rebounds and 5 assists, he’s honestly had three scrimmages where he’s played about as good as he ever has. I look for him to have a big year in those three games he’s by far been the best player on the court that’s against Greenon Ansonia and Brookville.

Last edited:
Jacks took two weeks off and came back on Monday for practice. Not sure how things will go with PS this Friday but it will be on Oakwood schools Youtube channel. The numbers are more thin than I thought they would be. Four seniors and one junior didn't come out this season all would have come off the bench, but foul trouble and quick rests could be a factor. I believe they have 8 kids and I'm not sure how the swing players work with the covid situation?? I think they will be a solid team but they lack some depth just in numbers, but the 8 kids they have are all solid.

Kind of on that note of low numbers, I heard Bellbrook doesn't have a freshmen team. Dose anyone know if that is true and if so why?

Jacks took two weeks off and came back on Monday for practice. Not sure how things will go with PS this Friday but it will be on Oakwood schools Youtube channel. The numbers are more thin than I thought they would be. Four seniors and one junior didn't come out this season all would have come off the bench, but foul trouble and quick rests could be a factor. I believe they have 8 kids and I'm not sure how the swing players work with the covid situation?? I think they will be a solid team but they lack some depth just in numbers, but the 8 kids they have are all solid.

Kind of on that note of low numbers, I heard Bellbrook doesn't have a freshmen team. Dose anyone know if that is true and if so why?
Freshman basketball was part of cuts made do to Levy failure

Is the crazy lady that runs on the court when the game is going on, to tell the officials her son got fouled going to be at the game if so it’s a must watch.

She should be there, I think she has another son coming up from JV. I was there, It was great!
What great news may the official’s be awful and fouls not get called. I want to see her jump from the “Pit” like Randy Macho Man Savage with a elbow drop to one of the officials.

Dixie defeated Eaton tonight 61-59 in the TVS Tip-Off Tournament. They will play TVS tomorrow night. The Butt kid for Dixie played a very good game for Dixie, I'm not sure his stats though. He hit some big shots late in the game for them.

Oakwood 67 PS 54.
Oakwood was missing one of their starters. I think Oakwood controlled the game and every time PS made a push, Oakwood responded well.

Oakwood beat Shawnee, not sure the final, be interested to hear BigArrows report on it, I just caught the tail end wash up time.

G
Oakwood beat Shawnee, not sure the final, be interested to hear BigArrows report on it, I just caught the tail end wash up time.
Glad you ask, Arrows looked awful as a team. Singleton has 24 points and 13 rebounds Shrout has 19 points and 6 rebounds Adams comes in with 11 points and 7 rebounds, everyone else had the same stats as me and I wasn’t even allowed in the gym. Defense was lazy with no energy, and the crazy lady from Oakwood wasn’t allowed in either. Overall this team should get better as the year goes on Oakwood has a good team and shot it well tonight.

Dixie defeated TVS rather handedly last night to win the TVS Tip-Off Tournament. That's a 2-0 start for Dixie, and they looked pretty good in both games. It could be because the competition wasn't very good, but I also believe that Dixie could be more competitive this year. We will get a better idea when they take on Carlisle on Friday.

Dixie defeated TVS rather handedly last night to win the TVS Tip-Off Tournament. That's a 2-0 start for Dixie, and they looked pretty good in both games. It could be because the competition wasn't very good, but I also believe that Dixie could be more competitive this year. We will get a better idea when they take on Carlisle on Friday.
Not sure if what I’m hearing is right, but I was told that Burney from Carlisle broke his leg during football I didn’t even know he played football, but is having issues with his leg and may not come back until the middle of the season or maybe not be able to play at all which is really unfortunate. That said Carlisle still beats Dixie on Friday but that will certainly play a role as the season goes on.

Not sure if what I’m hearing is right, but I was told that Burney from Carlisle broke his leg during football I didn’t even know he played football, but is having issues with his leg and may not come back until the middle of the season or maybe not be able to play at all which is really unfortunate. That said Carlisle still beats Dixie on Friday but that will certainly play a role as the season goes on.
I had not heard that either and if it's true I hope that Burney can have a speedy recovery back to normal. That's a big loss for their basketball team.

I am not sure about the cancellations but it seems like there will be some games taking place tonight in the SWBL...

League Games
Oakwood at Bellbrook - Could be an interesting game to kick off division play. Bellbrook also plays at Monroe on Friday.

Non-league Games
Carlisle at Valley View - Crossover game
Edgewood at Monroe
Milton Union at Newton
Kings at Franklin

I am not sure about the cancellations but it seems like there will be some games taking place tonight in the SWBL...

League Games
Oakwood at Bellbrook - Could be an interesting game to kick off division play. Bellbrook also plays at Monroe on Friday.

Non-league Games
Carlisle at Valley View - Crossover game
Edgewood at Monroe
Milton Union at Newton
Kings at Franklin
Franklin beat Kings 82-58 had 4 in double figures. Franklin started 4 juniors

I know no information on the games but I did see the following scores from last night... Seems like a pretty good win for Bellbrook considering that it sounded like Oakwood is going to be pretty tough this year.

Bellbrook 68 Oakwood 55
Milton Union 68 Newton 62
Edgewood 77 Monroe 72
Valley View 74 Carlisle 64

I only got to see the first half. First of all Bellbrook wanted it more.

The things I saw Oakwood struggle with were, transition D, weakside D from the bigs, way too selfish on O the 1v5 mentality, and I will have to see the stats, but they missed their first 11 or 12 three point attemps. They could have made one in there but it was bad shooting and shot selection, again too much me, me, me.

Also, Bellbrook was missing their best player Pavlak. Bellbrook played much better as a team and a much better brand of basketball. They moved the ball well and worked for good shots. Well done!

Monroe was up 9 heading to the 4th and missed a lot of free throws. Kid from Edgewood scored 47 in double OT.
Didn’t know the numbers but to say the refs controlled the game is an understatement. 36 free throw attempts by one player is outrageous imo. Monroe was on their way to a blow out until the refs got jealous and wanted the spotlight.

Didn’t know the numbers but to say the refs controlled the game is an understatement. 36 free throw attempts by one player is outrageous imo. Monroe was on their way to a blow out until the refs got jealous and wanted the spotlight.
One kid shot 36 free throws in a game? that has to be a record.

One kid shot 36 free throws in a game? that has to be a record.
Nevermind he only shot 30 just checked it out on the SWOC site, still a ton of free throws. He went 9 of 21 from the floor but here’s the insane stat line, Edgewood had 45 free throw attempts that’s a lot but they only had 41 shot attempts, that game must’ve been something else.

I only got to see the first half. First of all Bellbrook wanted it more.

The things I saw Oakwood struggle with were, transition D, weakside D from the bigs, way too selfish on O the 1v5 mentality, and I will have to see the stats, but they missed their first 11 or 12 three point attemps. They could have made one in there but it was bad shooting and shot selection, again too much me, me, me.

Also, Bellbrook was missing their best player Pavlak. Bellbrook played much better as a team and a much better brand of basketball. They moved the ball well and worked for good shots. Well done!
I believe Oakwood will be a much better team at home than on the road, it seems to me this team will be much like last years team, when 3’s are made they will look like the top team in the SWBL when they don’t they will look like a middle of the pack team. They have some young players so it’s not a shock they will have peaks and valleys like this, all that really matters is how your playing come tournament time.

This is from the stat page for Oakwood on the swbl site for the Bellbrook game:

TOTALSFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
24-474-183-1051520680141255
51.1%22.2%30.0%

You won't win many games shooting like this. I say it was more about shoot selection and kids getting "theirs" then anything else. If they don't fix this, then you are correct in saying" when 3’s are made they will look like the top team in the SWBL when they don’t they will look like a middle of the pack team." They are a are good, but they need to be a good TEAM in order to have success. It's early in the season, missing two weeks of practice with covid, has more than likely affected team chemistry. This is a new team that leaned on Rubin the last two years so some patience is in order. All in all, games are being played.

Status
Not open for further replies.