Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singleton played and looked good Shrout was not at Greenon last night also heard the Bellbrook scrimmage got canceled.
Bummer... hopefully you guys can get in one more scrimmage or at least be fully healthy and ready to go for the start of the season. At this point, that would be most important.

Looking at Shawnee's schedule, they are going start out the season with some tough games. Especially the first 4.... @ Oakwood, Northridge, @ Trail and @ Waynesville. That's opening the season with a cross-division game with what sounds like a very good Oakwood team, especially after adding the kid from Fairmont. Then 2 big Buckeye division games with Trail mixed in between them. Trail will be one of the better teams in the CCC.

Bummer... hopefully you guys can get in one more scrimmage or at least be fully healthy and ready to go for the start of the season. At this point, that would be most important.

Looking at Shawnee's schedule, they are going start out the season with some tough games. Especially the first 4.... @ Oakwood, Northridge, @ Trail and @ Waynesville. That's opening the season with a cross-division game with what sounds like a very good Oakwood team, especially after adding the kid from Fairmont. Then 2 big Buckeye division games with Trail mixed in between them. Trail will be one of the better teams in the CCC.
Believe the team will be back full by the end of next week, should be able to play in the Brookville scrimmage.

The way these football games and basketball scrimmages are getting cancelled we may be lucky to start season on time.

The way these football games and basketball scrimmages are getting cancelled we may be lucky to start season on time.
Could definitely see the start of basketball getting pushed back a month. Football no clue what’s going to happen

Oakwood is off the next 10 days or so. Covid

Some SWBL scrimmage results...Oakwood beat Tecumseh, 110-60. Waynesville fell to Miamisburg, 92-59. Madison fell to Belmont, 74-63. Only scrimmage I had the chance to watch in its entirety was Madison's. '21 Evan Cox looked nice. Name to learn: '23 Roman Stanley. Came off the bench during the scrimmage and delivered. Kid can score. Heard Keon Wright delivered 30+ against Tecumseh, seeming to fit right in. Will Maxwell caught a nasty poster as well. I'm about to receive Northridge's film from their game versus Miami East. Sounds like it was a close game due to Northridge's lack of bench depth and had a hard time containing '24 Jacob Roeth (18) and '24 Wes Enis (26). But, supposedly Northridge came out on top.

Some SWBL scrimmage results...Oakwood beat Tecumseh, 110-60. Waynesville fell to Miamisburg, 92-59. Madison fell to Belmont, 74-63. Only scrimmage I had the chance to watch in its entirety was Madison's. '21 Evan Cox looked nice. Name to learn: '23 Roman Stanley. Came off the bench during the scrimmage and delivered. Kid can score. Heard Keon Wright delivered 30+ against Tecumseh, seeming to fit right in. Will Maxwell caught a nasty poster as well. I'm about to receive Northridge's film from their game versus Miami East. Sounds like it was a close game due to Northridge's lack of bench depth and had a hard time containing '24 Jacob Roeth (18) and '24 Wes Enis (26). But, supposedly Northridge came out on top.
Monroe v Finneytown

Monroe vs Finneytown Stats
SR Marty Zumbiel - 28pts, 6rebs, 5asts, 1stl, 2tos, 10-24fg (42%), & 4-14 3ptfg (29%)
SR Collin Deaton - 24pts, 8rebs, 1ast, 2stls, 2tos, 7-10fg (70%), & 0-0 3ptfg
SO Drew Taylor - 13pts & 1ast, 5-12fg (42%), & 3-8 3ptfg (38%)
SR Jack Taylor - 9pts, 4rebs, 11asts, 4stls, 3tos, 3-8fg (38%), & 3-5 3ptfg (60%)
JR Nick Hitchcock - 6pts, 4rebs, 3asts, 3stls, 2blks, 1to, 2-5fg (40%), 0-0 3ptfg
SR Chandler Holler - 3pts, 5rebs, 1stl, 3tos, 1-3fg (33%), 0-0 3ptfg
SR Adam Ploeger - 2pts, 6rebs, 1ast, 2stls, 2blks, 1to, 1-8fg (13%), & 0-4 3ptfg (0%)
Q1: 14-7 Q2: 14-9 Q3: 11-9 Q4: 16-2 Q5: 19-7 Q6: 12-12
FINAL: 86-46 (Monroe Wins)
*Score is accurate, so I must've missed a free throw point for one of the players, since players points only combines to 85.

Arrows scrimmaged Ansonia tonight and won by 27. Singleton might of had 50, 2 of the 5 kids that were out for contact tracing played and looked good, now to get the rest of them back tomorrow and hopefully it stays away for awhile.

Monroe vs Finneytown Stats
SR Marty Zumbiel - 28pts, 6rebs, 5asts, 1stl, 2tos, 10-24fg (42%), & 4-14 3ptfg (29%)
SR Collin Deaton - 24pts, 8rebs, 1ast, 2stls, 2tos, 7-10fg (70%), & 0-0 3ptfg
SO Drew Taylor - 13pts & 1ast, 5-12fg (42%), & 3-8 3ptfg (38%)
SR Jack Taylor - 9pts, 4rebs, 11asts, 4stls, 3tos, 3-8fg (38%), & 3-5 3ptfg (60%)
JR Nick Hitchcock - 6pts, 4rebs, 3asts, 3stls, 2blks, 1to, 2-5fg (40%), 0-0 3ptfg
SR Chandler Holler - 3pts, 5rebs, 1stl, 3tos, 1-3fg (33%), 0-0 3ptfg
SR Adam Ploeger - 2pts, 6rebs, 1ast, 2stls, 2blks, 1to, 1-8fg (13%), & 0-4 3ptfg (0%)
Q1: 14-7 Q2: 14-9 Q3: 11-9 Q4: 16-2 Q5: 19-7 Q6: 12-12
FINAL: 86-46 (Monroe Wins)
*Score is accurate, so I must've missed a free throw point for one of the players, since players points only combines to 85.

Are these actually stats from a scrimmage?

If Franklin is division 1 again, yes it is a soft schedule. Counting Yorkville as D1 competition that would be four D1 teams on the schedule along with Kings, Edgewood, and Springboro. 11 games against division 2 and 6 games against division 3 per the schedule posted. Post any wrong divisional assignments, but if correct, how can playing 17 out of 21 games against lower divisions make it a tough schedule? Now, could it be a strong schedule in comparison to the other 13 swbl schools? Yes, but when you compare to other area division 1 schools, seems very soft.

Check out Bellbrook’s schedule. Counting the 2 games against Franklin they have 7 games against D1 opponents including a game at Moeller.

My biggest takeaway from this is why on EARTH would Bellbrook do that?
They had to replace game with Thurgood Marshall due to Dayton Public Schools postponing games. I don’t think replacing with the Mighty Moe is a good thing. Their other D1 opponents they should be able to at least compete with.

Preble Shawnee Stats vs Ansonia

SR Bryce Singleton - 40pts, 10rebs, 4asts
SR Dylan Hatmaker - 10pts, 4rebs, 4asts
JR Xavier Adams - 12pts, 7rebs, 1ast
FR or SO Dylan Campbell - 8pts, 9rebs, 1ast
SR Jake Woodard - 3pts, 3rebs, 7 asts

* Bellbrook's Gabe Pavlak has been sidelined with a broken foot since September. He fully practiced today and is expected to play in their scrimmage Tuesday vs Kettering Fairmont. Fairmont was expected to scrimmage Ponitz, but Bellbrook will replace them with DPS postponing the season.
* Shawnee is currently scrimmaging Brookville, looks like Shrout's back on the floor, along with A.J. Eller.
* Monroe is scrimmaging Kings.

Preble Shawnee Stats vs Ansonia

SR Bryce Singleton - 40pts, 10rebs, 4asts
SR Dylan Hatmaker - 10pts, 4rebs, 4asts
JR Xavier Adams - 12pts, 7rebs, 1ast
FR or SO Dylan Campbell - 8pts, 9rebs, 1ast
SR Jake Woodard - 3pts, 3rebs, 7 asts

* Bellbrook's Gabe Pavlak has been sidelined with a broken foot since September. He fully practiced today and is expected to play in their scrimmage Tuesday vs Kettering Fairmont. Fairmont was expected to scrimmage Ponitz, but Bellbrook will replace them with DPS postponing the season.
* Shawnee is currently scrimmaging Brookville, looks like Shrout's back on the floor, along with A.J. Eller.
* Monroe is scrimmaging Kings.
Shoot I forgot to watch Shawnee vs Brookville scrimmage last night wish I would’ve got on yappi last night for the reminder, but I did watch the Greenon scrimmage and believe Singleton had about the same performance in that one.

I saw Tri-Village this week and they are DIV and they are VERY good !! Will be a very tough out come tourney time !!

How was the Monroe-Kings scrimmage?
Monroe won 3 of 6 quarters and tied 1. One take away is Zumbiel (after sitting out a year and trying to bounce back last season) definitely has his shot back. I think he hit 6 3s. Also, while undersized, Deaton is a problem down low on both ends. Debord and the young shooter (Taylor) sat out.

Status
Not open for further replies.