Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Franklin winning the big side and Carlisle winning the small.
I hear Carlisle returns a good team. Milton will be good as will Shawnee and Dixie returns a bunch I believe.
Buckeye should be fun to watch. Obviously no fans will be allowed. So hopefully they broadcast the games.

Milton's schedule:
Dec 1: @Newton
Dec 4: @ Waynesville
Dec 8: @ Carlisle
Dec 12: @ Lehman Catholic
Dec 15: Dixie
Dec 18: Madison
Dec 28: Covington Holiday Inv
Dec 29: Covington Holiday Inv
Jan 5: Shawnee
Jan 8: @ Northridge
Jan 12: @ Yellow Springs
Jan 15: Carlisle
Jan 16: Franklin- Monroe
Jan 22: @ Madison
Jan 23: Miami East
Jan 29: @ Shawnee
Jan 30: Brookville
Feb 2: Northridge
Feb 5: Waynesville
Feb 9: Arcanum
Feb 12: @ Dixie
Feb 13: Bethel

If Franklin is still Division 1 that schedule looks extremely soft. I have no idea why they don’t play neighboring districts Like Miamisburg, Lebanon, and Fenwick.
Really, Kings,Yorkville Christian that is coming to flying to the hoop,Vesailles good small school program,Springboro, and Edgewood,plus the leaque is supposed to be strong this year.

Really, Kings,Yorkville Christian that is coming to flying to the hoop,Vesailles good small school program,Springboro, and Edgewood,plus the leaque is supposed to be strong this year.
If Franklin is division 1 again, yes it is a soft schedule. Counting Yorkville as D1 competition that would be four D1 teams on the schedule along with Kings, Edgewood, and Springboro. 11 games against division 2 and 6 games against division 3 per the schedule posted. Post any wrong divisional assignments, but if correct, how can playing 17 out of 21 games against lower divisions make it a tough schedule? Now, could it be a strong schedule in comparison to the other 13 swbl schools? Yes, but when you compare to other area division 1 schools, seems very soft.

Shawnee goes to Greenon tomorrow, but will be without 3 starters due to Covid contact tracing. When will it end.

Shawnee goes to Greenon tomorrow, but will be without 3 starters due to Covid contact tracing. When will it end.
That's a bummer. Unfortunately I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better. Lets just hope it doesn't affect too much once the regular season starts up.

I think Bellbrook could surprise some teams this season. The loss of a scorer like Chew does hurt but they do add 3 solid seniors who haven’t played since their freshman season. They have a tough schedule but I anticipate improvement from last season.

The S/W side looks as good from top to bottom as I have seen in awhile. The team that can win the most on the road will take the title.

I think Bellbrook could surprise some teams this season. The loss of a scorer like Chew does hurt but they do add 3 solid seniors who haven’t played since their freshman season. They have a tough schedule but I anticipate improvement from last season.
I’ve seen the sit out 2 season act before, never works out If you don’t put in any work into a sport for two years and expect to be any good, doesn’t matter if they were good as freshman if you didn’t put in any work for two years and get better you got worse.

I’ve seen the sit out 2 season act before, never works out If you don’t put in any work into a sport for two years and expect to be any good, doesn’t matter if they were good as freshman if you didn’t put in any work for two years and get better you got worse.
I understand your point but I’m just saying they are a nice addition to the team. They will be at your place Friday night for a scrimmage. We will see if the act is working out so far.

I understand your point but I’m just saying they are a nice addition to the team. They will be at your place Friday night for a scrimmage. We will see if the act is working out so far.
They will be basically be playing a JV team two more varsity players put in quarantine due to contact tracing brings the total to 5.

They will be basically be playing a JV team two more varsity players put in quarantine due to contact tracing brings the total to 5.
Seems like it may be best to just cancel the scrimmage at this point. For safety reasons, but I'm no expert...

Last edited:

If you are a shooter or ball-handler it's gonna be tough, but an athlete can play D and rebound.

Seems like it may be best to just cancel the scrimmage at this point. For safety reasons, but I'm no expert...
I would think so but they did go to Greenon last night, Greenon did stream the scrimmage and when the three starters were in they won all three 10 minute quarters they played,but when the JV went in it got ugly.

If you are a shooter or ball-handler it's gonna be tough, but an athlete can play D and rebound.
I agree but D and rebounds only get you so far, sooner or later you have to put the ball on the floor and be able to make some shots, and if the last time you seen live action is freshman basketball things maybe a little different, but it is Bellbrook who is a big school in a little school league so maybe ok in the season but they will get bounced by 20 in the first round of the tournament.

I agree but D and rebounds only get you so far, sooner or later you have to put the ball on the floor and be able to make some shots, and if the last time you seen live action is freshman basketball things maybe a little different, but it is Bellbrook who is a big school in a little school league so maybe ok in the season but they will get bounced by 20 in the first round of the tournament.
Based upon last season's results, I don't think the big school in a little school league is going to help them much haha

I would think so but they did go to Greenon last night, Greenon did stream the scrimmage and when the three starters were in they won all three 10 minute quarters they played,but when the JV went in it got ugly.
Did Shrout and Singleton play last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.