Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I knew Singleton had 2 great years but didn’t realize he’s almost out scored Bates and Agee already, I believe he will have a big year this coming season, if you’ve ever seen him play he’s a pretty fun kid to watch very passionate, the thing I like most about his game is watching him get offensive rebounds he’s not the tallest probably 6’2/6’3 and skinny as it gets, but absolutely gets after it on the glass, I’ve said this before I think him and Burney will be battling it out for player of the year.
If Shawnee can win the division Singleton would probably win it. I dont know what waynesville has coming back but they always seem to fill the holes and have competitive teams

If Shawnee can win the division Singleton would probably win it. I dont know what waynesville has coming back but they always seem to fill the holes and have competitive teams
Waynesville has the Todd kid coming back he is a very nice player not sure what else but you’re right seems like they come up with players all the time

Heard Waynesville basketball coach has been fired. Seems strange because I think the guy was probably the best coach in the SWBL.

Heard Waynesville basketball coach has been fired. Seems strange because I think the guy was probably the best coach in the SWBL.
That is strange, any idea why? If that did happen you would have to guess it’s because something that happened off the court.

School Board ran him out!
Horrible......Get voted on the school board to make sure your kid starts.
And you wonder why great people are getting out of coaching???

That’s going to be a mistake, the guy was a great coach if Waynesville is letting this happen look for them to start heading down hill fast. In other news I seen Milton moves up to D2 in hoops this year tournament might be a little rough for them this year.

That’s going to be a mistake, the guy was a great coach if Waynesville is letting this happen look for them to start heading down hill fast. In other news I seen Milton moves up to D2 in hoops this year tournament might be a little rough for them this year.
Going to D2 for Milton this year would be devastating. D2 in the Dayton area is tough.
As for the stuff going on at Waynesville, it’s awful if they fired a coach for that. Especially a coach that has done well. The school will suffer a bit from that and I hope he ends up getting a job somewhere better.

That’s not a good look and will drive away any coach worth while

School Board doesn't have to give a reason for the vote. Yes or No in the board minutes
Wow didn’t even have the guts to say it for public record just voted on it, I hope someone goes to the next board meeting and ask the reason, that’s some backstabbing stuff, I hope no one takes that job. What a joke

Wow didn’t even have the guts to say it for public record just voted on it, I hope someone goes to the next board meeting and ask the reason, that’s some backstabbing stuff, I hope no one takes that job. What a joke
That is a joke. Waynesville's basketball team was struggling. Then they have 2 years in a row going 15-8 (2020) and 16-8 (2019) and shared a SWBL Division Title in 2019. Then the coach gets fired? I feel like there has to be more to the story for something like that to happen. If there's not, the people of that school board should be ashamed of themselves.

I’ve talked to the 3 people I know at Waynesville, and all said there was nothing that happened off the court, it was a out of the blue school board decision Yikes.

I’ve talked to the 3 people I know at Waynesville, and all said there was nothing that happened off the court, it was a out of the blue school board decision Yikes.
Well, I hope the guy ends up somewhere better. It'll be interesting to see the direction Waynesville goes now. Did they hire a replacement, or is there any potential candidates that anyone knows about? If it's any candidates knows what has happened, they may want to think twice...

So maybe a 5 team race. Milton, shawnee, nr, waynesville, carlisle ? dixie madison on the outside
I think the Buckeye division will be very competitive this year. I actually think Dixie will be more competitive. Their Junior class is their good class and I know they return their top 3 scorers. Not saying they will compete to win the division, but I think they will be better. I feel like Madison lost a lot, and they will definitely take a step back, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are still decent.

Waynesville New Boys Coach - Mike Holwiger from Springboro. On the board agenda for Monday night. He also is getting the boys golf job which is interesting. He already has 2 starters (school board member kids who didn't play any varsity last year) before coming in. Good Luck!

Waynesville New Boys Coach - Mike Holwiger from Springboro. On the board agenda for Monday night. He also is getting the boys golf job which is interesting. He already has 2 starters (school board member kids who didn't play any varsity last year) before coming in. Good Luck!
Doesn't sound like a great situation to come into. Has Holwiger been coaching the past couple years, I'm not sure about that? What grade are the school board members kids in?

In other SWBL news seen on the MVhoopvault site, that they are hosting a open gym with some of the better players from Dayton, 75 colleges will be watching the live stream which is free on YouTube link is on the site, I know Preble Shawnee’s own Bryce Singleton will be playing, as will Ryan Chew from Bellbrook and the Brookville kid who’s name I can’t remember will also be playing, but the best thing is little old Preble county has three boys make it with Stinson from TCN Harrison from NT, believe Stinson and Singleton are on team Thunder together, should give us some kind of sports to watch.

In other SWBL news seen on the MVhoopvault site, that they are hosting a open gym with some of the better players from Dayton, 75 colleges will be watching the live stream which is free on YouTube link is on the site, I know Preble Shawnee’s own Bryce Singleton will be playing, as will Ryan Chew from Bellbrook and the Brookville kid who’s name I can’t remember will also be playing, but the best thing is little old Preble county has three boys make it with Stinson from TCN Harrison from NT, believe Stinson and Singleton are on team Thunder together, should give us some kind of sports to watch.
The Brookville kid is probably AJ Eller. I actually saw this takes place tonight at 6pm, thanks for the heads up on this.

The Sarver kid from Tri Village will also be there. There will be a lot of nice talent from the SWBL and CCC to watch tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.