Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
DP shot the lights out of the 3 in the first quarter. They missed more free throws than 3s. Hard to lose performing like that. Milton still played hard. DP is a Trotwood-type team. Very athletic and fast.

I wonder how many swbl kids play summer aau ? It definitely exposes kids to a different style of basketball
I know that Singleton from Shawnee plays for Dayton Elite and that Mason Shrout from Shawnee may be on the All-Ohio Red team this year. I know Rubin and Whimsan play AAU, but I'm not sure the total number of kids that play. I'd guess there are a boy or 2 at each school that participates in AAU ball. Maybe Franklin or a school like that could have a few more that participate.

From what I've seen, especially at my school, it seems that there are more kids interested in AAU basketball at the Junior High level. At TVS, there are no high school kids that play AAU this year, but there are 4 boys that I know of that are in the 7th/8th grade that play. Which could be why our high school team was so bad this year, lol. I am not sure if other schools see the same thing.

Franklin will be better next year than this year. They will be big with very good Soph. class becoming Jrs.
I know it was Junior High but Monroe's senior class to be was by far the class of the league back then and frankly should have been starting across the board since 10th grade. I guess only time will tell.

I saw Madison hired Shane Richardson as the head boys basketball coach. What's everyone's thoughts on that? It has him listed as the JV coach on the Madison site, so he is familiar with the program. I also remember the name from the early 2000's, as I believe he was a pretty good basketball player at Madison..

I know that Singleton from Shawnee plays for Dayton Elite and that Mason Shrout from Shawnee may be on the All-Ohio Red team this year. I know Rubin and Whimsan play AAU, but I'm not sure the total number of kids that play. I'd guess there are a boy or 2 at each school that participates in AAU ball. Maybe Franklin or a school like that could have a few more that participate.

From what I've seen, especially at my school, it seems that there are more kids interested in AAU basketball at the Junior High level. At TVS, there are no high school kids that play AAU this year, but there are 4 boys that I know of that are in the 7th/8th grade that play. Which could be why our high school team was so bad this year, lol. I am not sure if other schools see the same thing.

I think there is a strong correlation with state tournament success and players who go on to play college basketball at any level. There is a similar correlation with kids who play Summer AAU that also go on to play college basketball at some level.

I would be very surprised if the teams who get to regional/districts etc. that have zero kids who play AAU. Even in DIV, most of those teams have kids who play DIII, NAIA D2 or JUCO. You just cant make deep runs without one or two of those kids.

Should be another great year of basketball on the Buckeye side of things multiple teams should be in the running even Dixie should be a much improved team SW side of things should be Monroe and Franklin and everybody else

Should be another great year of basketball on the Buckeye side of things multiple teams should be in the running even Dixie should be a much improved team SW side of things should be Monroe and Franklin and everybody else
I would say that I'm most looking forward to seeing how your Freshman does this year.

I would say that I'm most looking forward to seeing how your Freshman does this year.
Yeah I think a lot of people are. sadly think some of these kids parents from other schools want to see him fail but the kid is good so it should be fun watching grow ups acting like idiots to a teenage kid.

Yeah I think a lot of people are. sadly think some of these kids parents from other schools want to see him fail but the kid is good so it should be fun watching grow ups acting like idiots to a teenage kid.
I think he is the real deal. It'll be interesting to see how he does against older high school kids, but I know he's played pretty high level AAU so I think he will handle it fine. I saw him play in the summer league a couple years back as a 7th grader. He looked like he could hold his own then. The future is looking bright at Preble Shawnee for the next 4 years.

I think he is the real deal. It'll be interesting to see how he does against older high school kids, but I know he's played pretty high level AAU so I think he will handle it fine. I saw him play in the summer league a couple years back as a 7th grader. He looked like he could hold his own then. The future is looking bright at Preble Shawnee for the next 4 years.
Him and the Singleton kid are pretty close friends and I believe they workout a lot together if he can hold his own against him I think he’ll be just fine in the SWBL as I think Singleton will have a shot at becoming the all-time leading scorer and rebounder at Shawnee and possibly the SWBL player of the year on the Buckeye side.

Him and the Singleton kid are pretty close friends and I believe they workout a lot together if he can hold his own against him I think he’ll be just fine in the SWBL as I think Singleton will have a shot at becoming the all-time leading scorer and rebounder at Shawnee and possibly the SWBL player of the year on the Buckeye side.
I agree. I have been very impressed with Singleton since his Sophomore year. He is a very good player. Singleton/Shrout are going to be a very good combo this year.

Does shawnee have any 1000 pt scorers in their history ?

Does shawnee have any 1000 pt scorers in their history ?
I know Shawnee had some dominant teams in the mid 80's with some very good players on those teams. I am not sure their career point totals though. I would also guess that Lance Hawley (class of 03) got to the 1,000 point total. But that's just guessing.

3 guys 2 girls have scored 1,000 points Hawley was the last to do it at least that I know of for the boys side had a girl who’s last name was Moore can’t remember her first name do it about 4 years ago
How about Cletus McGee ?69,70,71

Cletus did score 1,000 points in his career same with Kiracofe but he didn’t play at Shawnee the whole time because Camden,Gratis,and West Elkton were there own schools.

Im assuming more recent shawnee kids like agee or bates came up short of the 1000 mark ?
If the SWBL site is accurate..... Bates ended with 725 career points and Agee ended with 735 career points. Singleton is at 684 points heading into his Senior year. If he can match the scoring that he's done his Sophomore/Junior season, he will just eclipse the 1000 point mark.

Burney for Carlisle has a good shot at 1000 and 500.
Burney seems to be in a similar boat to Singleton. I have him at 697 career points, and if he repeats the scoring he did his Junior year, he will pass the 1000 point total. He's also at 457 rebounds, so it's pretty much a for sure thing he gets to 500. Those stats are per the SWBL site, and I know that sometimes it's not 100% accurate.

After looking, I failed to add in the postseason scoring totals for the above players. Singleton is actually at 765 total career points, Burney is at 731 career points and 485 career rebounds. Singleton will also break the 500 rebound total as well as he has 427 total rebounds going into his Senior season.

After looking, I failed to add in the postseason scoring totals for the above players. Singleton is actually at 765 total career points, Burney is at 731 career points and 485 career rebounds. Singleton will also break the 500 rebound total as well as he has 427 total rebounds going into his Senior season.
Wow I knew Singleton had 2 great years but didn’t realize he’s almost out scored Bates and Agee already, I believe he will have a big year this coming season, if you’ve ever seen him play he’s a pretty fun kid to watch very passionate, the thing I like most about his game is watching him get offensive rebounds he’s not the tallest probably 6’2/6’3 and skinny as it gets, but absolutely gets after it on the glass, I’ve said this before I think him and Burney will be battling it out for player of the year.

If the SWBL site is accurate..... Bates ended with 725 career points and Agee ended with 735 career points. Singleton is at 684 points heading into his Senior year. If he can match the scoring that he's done his Sophomore/Junior season, he will just eclipse the 1000 point mark.

Agees frosh and soph years played on a couple good teams that cut into his minutes on the court. Bates was a transfer his soph year and was plagued with back issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.