Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each team had maybe 1 or 2 go to scorers that all put up close to 300 shots. An example Agee and singleton for shawnee pu up a combined 591 shots. whisman pu up 357 shots by himself

Ok so then he averaged like 5 points out of conference. Guess it is the weakness of the conference then. I just thought 40/30 % with turnovers = assists wasn't impressive. I have no idea who else might have been better. Out of 7 teams I would have thought quite a few. But good for him to get the recognition.
I don't feel the conference is that weak. I thought it was a very competitive year in the Buckeye Division. Everything I stated was based strictly on stats, and I know stats are not everything. I've never even seen the Freshman from Milton play live, but I have heard he's a very good player. I did think he was on the borderline of getting first team, with a few other guys. I'm sure there were 4-5 other guys that were in the discussion, but to me there is no clear cut person that should have beat him out. As I said the Dixie kid is the one kid that I think got the worst deal, as I thought he'd probably get first team. If you nit pick his stats, his field goal and assist/turnover percentages are worse than the Milton Freshman.

I seen the brumbaugh kid a couple times. Hes going to be a good player. battling for poy from here on out. But you would like to see him get another 3-4 inches to be a dominate player in the region. If not i could see him as a d2 naia scholarship player.

So with all the buzz here, I thought I'd look at the freshman. 40% FG, 30% 3pt% 1:1 assist to turnover ratio, 4 rebounds per. Last ten games, only scored double digits / made more than 3 buckets in 3 out of 10 games. And the team went 4-6. I'm not a close follower of the league but that doesn't sound like 1st team anything anywhere. Is the league that weak, or are politics at play here?
This comment has nothing to do about the young man from Milton Union, but yes the SWBL as a league is weak overall this year and politics always comes into play with all league teams and the coach and players of the year choices,unfortunately that’s just the way it is.

On the all league team, can someone explain how on the Southwest team, Monroe didn’t get anybody on first team? They finished second in the division at 9-3.

Carlisle ended their season yesterday as expected vs Versailles. I was so wrong on this team, I thought they would contend with Madison. I still think they had a lot of potential with the junior class. Been two rough years of 18 and 16 losses. Can’t remember a worst two year stretch. Next year might be the last and best chance with the league making changes.

Carlisle ended their season yesterday as expected vs Versailles. I was so wrong on this team, I thought they would contend with Madison. I still think they had a lot of potential with the junior class. Been two rough years of 18 and 16 losses. Can’t remember a worst two year stretch. Next year might be the last and best chance with the league making changes.
They should be good next year only thing I see with them is it seems once they get one or two L’s it snowballs into a bunch of them maybe next year they put it together because they do have some talent

D2 Games tonight.... in which I do feel that Bellbrook and Eaton both have a chance, but they will both have to play very good.
#10 Bellbrook vs. #4 Kenton Ridge
#16 Eaton vs. #14 Dunbar

D3 Games tonight... Madison should roll... the Arcanum/Milton Union game will be a great game. It's a coin flip on that one. I do like Preble Shawnee over Dayton Christian but Dayton Christian did have a good win last Thursday. They are a very young and dangerous team.
#3 Madison vs. #20 Mechanicsburg
#10 Milton Union vs. #11 Arcanum
#8 Preble Shawnee vs. #15 Dayton Christian

Arrows win big 64-35 Singleton with 19 Powers with 14 up by 10 at the half DC couldn’t do anything in the 2nd half

Congrats to the three Division 3 schools for advancing with impressive wins. Especially the wins by Preble Shawnee and Milton Union.

Looks like he only had 4 points, and he had all 4 of them in the first half. I don't know if he was injured, or if Milton just did a great job defensively.

It could have been ***** poor officiating. Someone told me that Whisman had 4 charges. What are the odds of one person committing four charges? Plus, whisman is under control.

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprise to me that Oakwood goes down to CJ by 20. Eagles are at worst the 2nd best team that Jacks have seen all season, while Oakwood probably not in the top 12 that CJ has played. Huge difference and great to see CJ coach's quote in the DDN this morning stating they gear to regular season toward the tournament. I agree with the philosophy. Note much in " winning the league" in my eyes. But, nice season for the Jakcs though. Hope the kids had fun. Congrats to Darren Rubin on an excellent career and good luck at Denison U. amazing how quickly the SWBL gets wiped out at tourney time.

Status
Not open for further replies.