Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swbl site has reported Carlisle 83 rebounds against Dixie Friday night. That doesn’t seem possible in a 32 minute game. 53 rebounds against TVS. 51 rebounds against Waynesville. Does the AD’s enter the stats?

Swbl site has reported Carlisle 83 rebounds against Dixie Friday night. That doesn’t seem possible in a 32 minute game. 53 rebounds against TVS. 51 rebounds against Waynesville. Does the AD’s enter the stats?
I suspect not.. But, I can confirm the 16 offensive rebounds by Northridge against Oakwood Saturday night. I actually counted 17. Oakwood has given up double digit rebounds in 5 straight games... and has won 4 of them... yikes.

Who know what can happen if WVille has a smart plan and they are not scared to death.

Dunbar is certainly down a bit as their best payer transferred to Trotwood, but they are still skilled and have certainly played a significantly more difficult schedule than Waynesville. I have only seen them once, in a small margin victory over Wayne, so I would not mark this down as an easy one for the Spartans.

Dunbar is certainly down a bit as their best payer transferred to Trotwood, but they are still skilled and have certainly played a significantly more difficult schedule than Waynesville. I have only seen them once, in a small margin victory over Wayne, so I would not mark this down as an easy one for the Spartans.

Like I said, there is always a chance, “until someone gets punched in the mouth.”

I'm with you on that stat. Dont see how enough shots could go up to have 83 rebounds. If both teams shot 50% from the field half their shots go in, so no rebound possible. So each team takes approximately 50 shots in a game. If 25 go in you have 50 total chances for a rebound it is doubtful you get all 25 of your offensive misses.

If you add up all the shots with missed and look at waynesvilles rebounds they could have had 31 defensive and 15 offensive which adds up to 46..... still a few off but the number is up there. Now im sure the 5 extra rebounds went to help someones numbers but thats my opinion

Something smells funny on the Indian reservation Injun Joe.

Between Dixie and Carlisle they missed 74 shots and had 18 missed FTs. Then combined they had 118 rebounds? ??
Heard the score keeper from Carlisle has the night off he might do Shawnee’s game tonight I expect Singleton and Agee to have 50 rebounds a piece maybe Green grabs another 25 who knows what the night holds

If you add up all the shots with missed and look at waynesvilles rebounds they could have had 31 defensive and 15 offensive which adds up to 46..... still a few off but the number is up there. Now im sure the 5 extra rebounds went to help someones numbers but thats my opinion
Which game are you talking about?

Carlisle out rebounded TVS 36 to 26 on Saturday night. They did a lot of damage on the offensive rebounds, but I have no idea why it was reported on the SWBL site that they had 53 rebounds in that game.

I believe that whoever has been entering the stats for Carlisle lately has been entering them wrong. I believe their number in the "Defensive Rebound" column is the actual number of rebounds they have in each game. They are entering it in the wrong column, causing it to be added to the offensive rebounds once again, causing the total number of rebounds to be higher than it should. I know that may be confusing to follow, but I believe that's what's happening. It's just an honest mistake. It makes perfect sense though when I look at the rebound discrepancy I have with the TVS vs. Carlisle game...

Carlisle has a few other head scratchers on the website. They have a player who shows up in the Top 5 in assists, steals and blocks. I think they gave Deans numbers to the wrong player that night. Another honest mistake but it looks bad and jacks up the website for everyone else.

Arrows fall to Bellbrook 60-56 I’ll be honest this team looks tired Agee with 20 points and 5 rebounds (Carlisle math he had 27 rebounds) Singleton with 18 points 6 rebounds (Carlisle math he had 34)

Arrows fall to Bellbrook 60-56 I’ll be honest this team looks tired Agee with 20 points and 5 rebounds (Carlisle math he had 27 rebounds) Singleton with 18 points 6 rebounds (Carlisle math he had 34)
Shawnee has little depth. Agee and Singleton look like they play the entire game every game. Its a long season.

Shawnee has little depth. Agee and Singleton look like they play the entire game every game. Its a long season.
I doubt Agee and Singleton have come out much at all this year. The SWBL is so competitive this year, and playing everybody twice, they are probably just drained. I think that could be said for other SWBL teams too, I mean it was just mentioned that the SWBL was 0-3 in non league games last night. A lot of teams could be running on fumes.

Milton just had a very tough and emotional game vs Waynesville. Maybe a little letdown but Arcanum is very good.
MU gets them first round of the tourney. ?. CCC teams are good basketball schools.

it’s been talked about on the football thread but what’s the consensus for the future of the SWBL with the movement of 4 schools out of the league? Obviously losing Northridge is a big deal to basketball. Who would be good basketball replacements to the league? Clinton Massie isn’t the best basketball school, Wilmington is decent, Edgewood? Talawanda? Little Miami? Etc.

Last edited:
Milton just had a very tough and emotional game vs Waynesville. Maybe a little letdown but Arcanum is very good.
MU gets them first round of the tourney. ?. CCC teams are good basketball schools.

it’s been talked about on the football thread but what’s the consensus for the future of the SWBL with the movement of 4 schools out of the league? Obviously losing Northridge is a big deal to basketball. Who would be good basketball replacements to the league? Clinton Massie isn’t the best basketball school, Wilmington is decent, Edgewood? Talawanda? Little Miami? Etc.
Arcanum has a good basketball team. They also beat Preble Shawnee at Shawnee on Saturday night. It'll be interesting to see how they do with Milton in the tournament, and if they win and have to match up with Madison. I don't expect Arcanum to beat both of them.

In regards to the future of the SWBL and basketball. I don't see it being as big of a problem with the 10 team league in basketball as it is in football. I think in basketball it will still be competitive pretty much all the way through. Sure you will your good/bad teams every year, but just in general I think a team like Carlisle can be more competitive in basketball with Valley View, Brookville, Bellbrook, Monroe, Eaton etc.. than they would be in football. That's just my opinion.

Here’s a question looking at the SWBL site and looking at the top ten players (scoring) who do you think would win in a game against top ten from the Buckeye and top ten southwest surprisingly I think the Buckeye would win by 10-12 points

Here’s a question looking at the SWBL site and looking at the top ten players (scoring) who do you think would win in a game against top ten from the Buckeye and top ten southwest surprisingly I think the Buckeye would win by 10-12 points
i think you could be right. Whisman is the best player in the league. Burney Whisman and Singleton would be too much on the glass. If Rubin was lights out from 3 it could be close

i think you could be right. Whisman is the best player in the league. Burney Whisman and Singleton would be too much on the glass. If Rubin was lights out from 3 it could be close
I don't know enough about the Franklin guys to say for sure. But my first thought is that the Buckeye division would win. Didn't they used to do an all-star game like that in the SWBL? It may have been only Seniors though.

Status
Not open for further replies.