Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madison beats National Trail by a score of 59-54. This is a very nice win by Madison, as National Trail will win the CCC this year and could potentially face Madison again in the tournament. These 2 schools played twice last year and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

According to our on site official in "ask a ref" you certainly can pick up a second T after your fifth foul. In addition, if a disqualified player picks up a T after the coach has been notified of the players disqualification, it is a bench technical and the coach loses his coaching box privileges. ( that part I did not know), OHSAA gets notified of the players 2 technicals.
So did Burney play this weekend or no?

So did Burney play this weekend or no?
Going by the swbl game box scores there is no Nolan Burney listed in the last two games. They lost to Madison by 40 points and to a very a average Bethel by 11 points. So both the box scores and game results support the two game suspension which is by rule the correct result. Otherwise, there is little reason to not go off on an official immediately after picking up your fifth foul. Just because you are not qualified to enter a game does not mean you are exempt from remaining responsible for good sportsmanship.

Hopefully the young man makes the necessary adjustments and moves on with new found success.

In full disclosure, I did not pick up a technical but my freshman year after getting demoted from varsity then down to jv and finally back to the freshman team. Started my first game on the team and I was in a very foul mood seeing the freshman team as a demotion and picked up 5 fouls in 2 minutes. Thought I proved something but what I proved is I was limited to a bench warmer next game and lost my starting position. One of the greatest lessons I learned in life as I look back. Always hope a kid experiencing an emotional circumstance in life learns the harm they bring upon themselves and their team and do not repeat such action.

Madison’s starters shot the lights out Friday, don’t think one player would’ve made a difference in that one. Bethel was too far of a drive so i didn’t attend. Not sure what happened there but he didn’t play in that one either.

Arrows fall 69-58 to VV not the worst loss on the night as the Arrows lose there starting PG to a nasty knee injury hate to see a senior go out like that rough night for the Arrows

Powers he was really starting to come on sad news for the kid
Wow.. terrible for the kid. You really hate to see that. When I first read the post, my first thought was that it was Agee. If he went down you could pack up the season for the Arrows. Sucks that it happened to any kid though, especially Senior year.

Nice win by Waynesville. Tough kids. Milton needs to get tougher and more physical. Congrats to the Spartans!
It was a nice win by Waynesville. Milton still controls it's own destiny. Milton has a tough slate of conference games still left starting with Madison at home this Friday night. Milton also still has Waynesville at home in a couple weeks. Winning both of those games could still give them a chance of atleast sharing a league title. But then don't overlook Shawnee and Northridge who are also left on the schedule.

It was a nice win by Waynesville. Milton still controls it's own destiny. Milton has a tough slate of conference games still left starting with Madison at home this Friday night. Milton also still has Waynesville at home in a couple weeks. Winning both of those games could still give them a chance of atleast sharing a league title. But then don't overlook Shawnee and Northridge who are also left on the schedule.
Agreed. But they need to shake the Waynesville ghost. There are no easy games left for MU.

Agreed. But they need to shake the Waynesville ghost. There are no easy games left for MU.
Same could be said for the other schools in the running though too. I think that of the 5 schools in contention, they all still have a reasonable chance to win the league title, and they all control their own destiny. I would lean my opinion towards thinking that I believe Madison will end up winning the division, but they still have 3 tough league road games. If they drop any of them it opens it up. Northridge is the most of a long shot, but if they can win out, they would still need Waynesville/Madison to drop another game to have a chance at a tie. Just for fun I put the remaining games for the other schools below too....

Waynesville - at Dixie, Carlisle, at Milton Union and at Madison.
Madison - at Milton Union, at Preble Shawnee, at Northridge, Waynesville.
Preble Shawnee - at Carlisle, at Milton Union, Madison, Northridge.
Northridge - Dixie, Milton Union, Madison, at Preble Shawnee

A good crossover contest with Franklin at Waynesville Friday night. Tez Lattimore and Nate Paarlberg should return from injuries soon which will add to the depth and size with Nate checking in at 6'5 1/2. Tez avg.close to 10pts. a game in the 1st 8 games.

Same could be said for the other schools in the running though too. I think that of the 5 schools in contention, they all still have a reasonable chance to win the league title, and they all control their own destiny. I would lean my opinion towards thinking that I believe Madison will end up winning the division, but they still have 3 tough league road games. If they drop any of them it opens it up. Northridge is the most of a long shot, but if they can win out, they would still need Waynesville/Madison to drop another game to have a chance at a tie. Just for fun I put the remaining games for the other schools below too....

Waynesville - at Dixie, Carlisle, at Milton Union and at Madison.
Madison - at Milton Union, at Preble Shawnee, at Northridge, Waynesville.
Preble Shawnee - at Carlisle, at Milton Union, Madison, Northridge.
Northridge - Dixie, Milton Union, Madison, at Preble Shawnee

Smith will find a way to choke.

Arrows beat Carlisle 63-56 Agee with 20 Singleton with 15 points 9 rebounds and 5 assists. Not sure what’s going on at Carlisle seems like a few kids have quite the team they seem to be done this year I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose out.

Arrows beat Carlisle 63-56 Agee with 20 Singleton with 15 points 9 rebounds and 5 assists. Not sure what’s going on at Carlisle seems like a few kids have quite the team they seem to be done this year I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose out.
Not so fast my friend. The Indians have a possible slump buster this afternoon vs non-OHSAA East Dayton Christian.

Franklin over Waynesville 70-52. Refs did not help in this game but so hard to shut down the 3pt game of Franklin. Jv game went into overtime, will look forward to that match up next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.