Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a great game by Milton’s Lambert. Took away the 6’6” threat.
Dogs move to 9-2/4-2. Face Franklin-Monroe Saturday.
Looks like Milton has some big games next week. At Waynesville on Tuesday night and home against Madison on Friday. Those 2 games could be key in determining the Buckeye Division.

Another big game is Waynesville plays at Northridge this Friday night. Northridge is always dangerous.

Franklin Cardiac Cat's ,3rd straight game with a come-back win after falling behind by double figures. The only lead was the winning one. Down 2 ,Ryan Russell drove the lane and scored to tie, was fouled and calmly hit the old fashioned 3 with 7 seconds left. 58-57 Final
He didn't drive the lane but did make a big free throw. Good game to watch

MU with the Win. Carlisle’s Burney on the floor less than 5 minutes and gets with 3 charges and 2 technicals. Very undisciplined.
So help me understand here does that mean he was ejected and is now out Friday Vs Madison? What gave him the two techs? Upset about the calls?

Looks like Milton has some big games next week. At Waynesville on Tuesday night and home against Madison on Friday. Those 2 games could be key in determining the Buckeye Division.

Another big game is Waynesville plays at Northridge this Friday night. Northridge is always dangerous.
IF Milton can win those they have the inside track on the title. Waynesville will be very tough to beat. Madison as well since it’s the second time to play.
Right now Waynesville has the lead. It would be nice to see Milton get a championship. First in 37 years.

Waynesville 67 preble 60 final
Good game Arrows didn’t shoot it well at all in the second half, and didn’t give it to Singleton enough in the paint only had 8 shots and had 17 points also ten rebounds Agee had 18 but 6 of those were in garbage time.Waynesville has a nice team but not sure how well they matchup against Madison, should be fun till the end of the season.

MU with the Win. Carlisle’s Burney on the floor less than 5 minutes and gets with 3 charges and 2 technicals. Very undisciplined.
I really can’t believe this I’ve seen that kid play a lot and never seen anything like that now some of the kids on that team I’ve seen act like fools but never him and I’ve seen him since 3rd grade metro league and always seemed quite

I really can’t believe this I’ve seen that kid play a lot and never seen anything like that now some of the kids on that team I’ve seen act like fools but never him and I’ve seen him since 3rd grade metro league and always seemed quite
I don't know the kid but it's hard to believe getting so mad that you play less than 5 minutes and get 2 technical fouls. My high school has a rule (that I don't agree with), but if you get 1 technical you have to sit the rest of the game. You don't see many players getting technical's because of that. I can only remember 2 over the last 3 years and they were both in the same game, from the same ref, which he seemed to just be having a bad day. Which is why I don't like the rule, sometimes a player can get a technical foul when it is not necessarily warranted. We had to be without a player last year in a close game and we had a league title on the line. I think it should be more case by case.

So if the second technical occurred after the 5th foul was called the 2nd technical would be assessed to the bench and not the player. He should be able to play tomorrow and not miss any time.
So if the second technical occurred after the 5th foul was called the 2nd technical would be assessed to the bench and not the player. He should be able to play tomorrow and not miss any time.
Maybe it’s a school rule like BucksFan said. Heard coach told him he’s out two games.

Logically that makes sense, Maybe he will play. In the end it’s up to the coach and AD. Madison is very tough, Don’t know anything about Bethels Team.

For what went down he was very composed (Unlike the fans). I will say that MU’s #33 gave a very Oscar like performance. not sure if this was a one time thing or part of his game. The referees ate it up at Carlisle’s expense.

it was actually a very good game with MU going on a late run to pull ahead. I’ll see If I can describe what happened to Carlisle’s big kid.

2:00 into game - phantom foul past Arc (1st)

3:00 into game - Burney takes power dribble #33
Hands fly up and falls backwards
Lands hard flat on back
Burney called for charge (2nd)
If there was contact It was light

3:20 into game - very next Carlisle posession
These two end up on floor
After a MU rebound I think,
#33 lays on him like a corpse.
Don’t know what was said but
Burney gets 1st Technical (3rd)
Burney sits rest of 1st half

1:00 after half - Burney starts 2nd half
Burney 1 on 2 break and
Gets called for another charge.
MU Player seemed to be under basket
(4th)
Burney went to bench upset but
Didn’t act up. Sits out until 4:00
into 4th qtr

4:00 into 4th - Burney checks in the game.
10 sec Later burney takes
1 Dribble towards basket
#33 recreates his 1st qtr flop.
Burney called charge. (5th)

Burney claps and laughs on his way to the bench. And get his second technical and 6th foul.

That was how I saw it. if anyone else was there I’d like to here their side.
#33 is a good kid and fouls, flops whatever you call them are part of the game ( watch the NBA). #33 is actually a kid that is a leader and just, from what I hear, outplayed your kid.
Getting on here and posting about how unfair or how the MU kid flopped and wasnt really fouled or the Carlisle kid wasn’t guilty of the PF’s is showing some class issues. The two kids played and Milton’s kid was coached well on how to play against your kid.
Milton has a long road to hoe yet but your lack of respect for a league member is really not called for.
Carlisle got us at our place and we got you there.

#33 is a good kid and fouls, flops whatever you call them are part of the game ( watch the NBA). #33 is actually a kid that is a leader and just, from what I hear, outplayed your kid.
Getting on here and posting about how unfair or how the MU kid flopped and wasnt really fouled or the Carlisle kid wasn’t guilty of the PF’s is showing some class issues. The two kids played and Milton’s kid was coached well on how to play against your kid.
Milton has a long road to hoe yet but your lack of respect for a league member is really not called for.
Carlisle got us at our place and we got you there.
Not sure where anyone said anything bad about a MU kid saying someone flopped isn’t saying he did something wrong

Could be a school rule but with the timeline you presented the 6th foul would be assessed to the bench and he would be eligible to play.
Dont think so. The score keeper is required to circle T1 and then T2 per OHSAA requirements even if T2 occurs after player had became ineligible from picking up his fifth foul. The second T could occur simultaneously with the fifth foul or could occur minutes later while he is reacting from the bench. JUST BECAUSE HE RAN OUT OF FOULS TO PERSONALLY BE ASSESED WITH, DOES NOT PRECLUDE HIM FROM PICKING UP HIS SECOND TECHNICAL. It's kind of like once a team reaches 10 team fouls, we dont continue to see them appear on the scoreboard but in the scorer's book a scorekeeper who is used to the double accounting method will mark the foul on the player and keep tallying fouls 11, 12 13 and so on.

The state requires scorekeeper to note reason for a technical foul (many scorekeepers do not write reason in book) and keep as a record in validation for future ineligiblity.

Bottom line, you do not get immunity from suspension just because you happen to pick up your fifth foul immediately prior to acting like an idiot.

I was not at the game involved here nor do I know the individuals involved so the word idiot is not directed at a person but is meant generically.

Dont think so. The score keeper is required to circle T1 and then T2 per OHSAA requirements even if T2 occurs after player had became ineligible from picking up his fifth foul. The second T could occur simultaneously with the fifth foul or could occur minutes later while he is reacting from the bench. JUST BECAUSE HE RAN OUT OF FOULS TO PERSONALLY BE ASSESED WITH, DOES NOT PRECLUDE HIM FROM PICKING UP HIS SECOND TECHNICAL. It's kind of like once a team reaches 10 team fouls, we dont continue to see them appear on the scoreboard but in the scorer's book a scorekeeper who is used to the double accounting method will mark the foul on the player and keep tallying fouls 11, 12 13 and so on.

The state requires scorekeeper to note reason for a technical foul (many scorekeepers do not write reason in book) and keep as a record in validation for future ineligiblity.

Bottom line, you do not get immunity from suspension just because you happen to pick up your fifth foul immediately prior to acting like an idiot.

I was not at the game involved here nor do I know the individuals involved so the word idiot is not directed at a person but is meant generically.

He was disqualified from the game on his 5th foul so cannot, by rule, be disqualified for a 2nd T. The letter of the law would mean he should be eligible to play and if Carlisle chose to fight it he would be allowed to play.

Light I’d like to say you’re right but no cigar. From my source he’s gone for the next two games. Unfortunate for this Young man.

Franklin at Bellbrook tonight.... will Franklin get revenge for an earlier season loss to Bellbrook?

In the Buckeye Division we have Waynesville at Northridge which could be a crucial game tonight. Waynesville is still the only team in the division with only 1 league loss and they will be in for a battle tonight.

Good luck to all teams.

He was disqualified from the game on his 5th foul so cannot, by rule, be disqualified for a 2nd T. The letter of the law would mean he should be eligible to play and if Carlisle chose to fight it he would be allowed to play.
You are correct he cannot be disqualified for his second T, but he can still pick up a T while in uniform that can be charged to him, not the bench. I will ask this question to the ask a ref part and see what they say. Ohsaa wants a report on who picked up the technical and why. They are not going to be satisfied with it was a "team " foul.

According to our on site official in "ask a ref" you certainly can pick up a second T after your fifth foul. In addition, if a disqualified player picks up a T after the coach has been notified of the players disqualification, it is a bench technical and the coach loses his coaching box privileges. ( that part I did not know), OHSAA gets notified of the players 2 technicals.

Waynesville falls to Northridge 66-55. Waynesville was with out a starter that helped them control the first game. Northridge ends Waynesville's 10 game win streak. Waynesville will look to bounce back on Tuesday when they play Milton Union at home.

Buckeye Division
1. Madison 6-2
2. Waynesville 5-2
3. Milton-Union 4-2
4. Shawnee 5-3
5. Northridge 4-4
6. Carlisle 3-6
7. Dixie 0-8

Northridge over Waynesville 66-55
Madison over Carlisle 77-37
Milton-Union over Franklin Monroe 63-53
Shawnee over Dixie 68-52