Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monroe over Oakwood 78-52
it was no contest. Oakwood is much better in their crackerbox gym than they are on the road. The hornets dominated at the offensive end and built a 22 point lead in the first half. Oakwood made a run to close to 9 at the end of three, but the 4th was all Monroe. It will be interesting to see the stats becasse by my count Monroe out rebounded Oakwood 6 million to 4.

Milton knocks off a very athletic Northridge team 59-57.
The Dogs move to 3-2 in the Buckeye and 8–2 overall. They face off with Carlisle Tuesday and Franklin-Monroe Friday.

it was no contest. Oakwood is much better in their crackerbox gym than they are on the road. The hornets dominated at the offensive end and built a 22 point lead in the first half. Oakwood made a run to close to 9 at the end of three, but the 4th was all Monroe. It will be interesting to see the stats becasse by my count Monroe out rebounded Oakwood 6 million to 4.
Okay, my numbers were a little off. Monroe had 13 offensive rebounds and 27 overall, Oakwood had 14 total.

Wildcats fight off a scrappy Eaton team in a hard fought win. Cats scored 35 points in the 4th quarter to pull it out . Tough week ahead with Monroe at home Tues. At Bellbrook Friday and Crestwood Academy from Toronto,Canada on Saturday.

I guess I don’t get what your comment means. TCN doesn’t have a PG but they lost to them. Trail has one of the best PGs around in the Harrison kid, and that’s the team they beat.

That is a pretty big sample size. I have seen quite a few team and it seems to me that there is a lack of players that can control the tempo or or not freak out when the defensive pressure is turned up. That is my opinion.

Thanks, for the reply.

It would appear that neither Franklin or Madison are as good as preseason thoughts though they may still win their leagues. Except for Dixie every team has a shot at winning on any given night.

That is a pretty big sample size. I have seen quite a few team and it seems to me that there is a lack of players that can control the tempo or or not freak out when the defensive pressure is turned up. That is my opinion.

Thanks, for the reply.
That could be. I would like to hear from someone that was at the game. I actually got to see the Brookville vs. Trail is not a team that should "freak out" or have issues with pressure or tempo. I'm guessing that Trail probably had an off shooting night, and Brookville played a good game. But that's just guessing.

It would appear that neither Franklin or Madison are as good as preseason thoughts though they may still win their leagues. Except for Dixie every team has a shot at winning on any given night.
That's the most exciting thing about this year, it does seem that anybody can win on any given night.

2 big games for tomorrow night in regards to league standings..... Monroe at Franklin and Preble Shawnee at Waynesville. I think both divisions are pretty wide open in regards to who can take control, but both of these match-ups are between teams that are currently towards the top of the standings.

That's the most exciting thing about this year, it does seem that anybody can win on any given night.

2 big games for tomorrow night in regards to league standings..... Monroe at Franklin and Preble Shawnee at Waynesville. I think both divisions are pretty wide open in regards to who can take control, but both of these match-ups are between teams that are currently towards the top of the standings.
Waynesville beat Preble by 10 last time they played but Preble is playing a lot better this go around

Waynesville beat Preble by 10 last time they played but Preble is playing a lot better this go around
Agreed. Preble Shawnee is playing a lot better as of late. I have actually seen both of these teams live, and I feel like it could be an even match-up that could go either way.

Agreed. Preble Shawnee is playing a lot better as of late. I have actually seen both of these teams live, and I feel like it could be an even match-up that could go either way.
When Waynesville played Preble the first time one of their starting guards went down with an injury and he is back! Averaging 12.9 pts a game. Really nice player!

Franklin has had at least 2 of their top 8 players and several times 3 on the sidelines with injuries in every game this season. Hopefully they will get to full strength soon!

Just for fun, I did look on the SWBL site to see how Preble Shawnee has played at Waynesville over the years. It's not good for Preble Shawnee, but not as bad as I expected. The site only goes back to 2013, and in that time Preble Shawnee has played at Waynesville 7 times and has went 2-5. Preble Shawnee did win in 2015 and 2017 at Waynesville. The largest blowout was last year when Waynesville won 64-45.

Just for fun, I did look on the SWBL site to see how Preble Shawnee has played at Waynesville over the years. It's not good for Preble Shawnee, but not as bad as I expected. The site only goes back to 2013, and in that time Preble Shawnee has played at Waynesville 7 times and has went 2-5. Preble Shawnee did win in 2015 and 2017 at Waynesville. The largest blowout was last year when Waynesville won 64-45.
I think it is going to be a close game tonight!

Milton travels to Carlisle who won the first matchup at Milton.
the Dogs need this win to stay in the SWBL hunt. A loss would make it hard for Milton to win the league. 1982-83 was Milton’s last title.

Franklin over Monroe 58-57 or something like that. Monroe got out coached again in a game they controlled pretty much throughout. In fact I think the final score was the only time Franklin had the lead after being down big a few times.

MU with the Win. Carlisle’s Burney on the floor less than 5 minutes and gets with 3 charges and 2 technicals. Very undisciplined.
That was a great game by Milton’s Lambert. Took away the 6’6” threat.
Dogs move to 9-2/4-2. Face Franklin-Monroe Saturday.

oakwood 70 valley View 43. I did not stay to watch because it was 800 degrees in Oakwood's Pit(iful) gymnasium.

Franklin Cardiac Cat's ,3rd straight game with a come-back win after falling behind by double figures. The only lead was the winning one. Down 2 ,Ryan Russell drove the lane and scored to tie, was fouled and calmly hit the old fashioned 3 with 7 seconds left. 58-57 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.