Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawnee had the lead most of the game and end up coming up short against Franklin 68-63 Shawnee coaches are the worst when they have the lead I’ve literally watched them blow a 11 point lead against Eaton a 12 point lead against Trail and now a 15 point against Franklin it maybe time to look at someone else that doesn’t play stall ball when you get a lead

Shawnee had the lead most of the game and end up coming up short against Franklin 68-63 Shawnee coaches are the worst when they have the lead I’ve literally watched them blow a 11 point lead against Eaton a 12 point lead against Trail and now a 15 point against Franklin it maybe time to look at someone else that doesn’t play stall ball when you get a lead
I am a TVS guy and I watched Preble Shawnee blow an 18 point 3rd quarter lead against us last year. It does have the feel that they don't know how to coach with the lead. I don't think the coaches will be going anywhere though. I am talking coaches in plural because I'm calling them a father/son combo deal. Being that they are from TVS, I thought they might have some interest in the TVS job when it comes open after this season, and I don't think that's going to be the case. There is no chance they leave on their own with that 8th grader that Preble Shawnee has is about to make his way into high school.

Free throws and turnovers killed them...... in the second half

Oakwood overwhelmed a pretty good Stivers team 89-66. Senior guard Darren Rubin, the school's all time leading scorer had a night for the ages, which I described in a previous post on this site.
Rubin had 30 points in the first half and 38 overall on 13/18 from the field with 7/11 from 3 range, and 5/5 from the free throw line.. He also had 8 rebounds, 2 assists and though not credited with any steals, he was directly responsible for a few of the Tiger's turnovers. His first half was about as good as I have ever seen, including BJ MUllens 60+ night at FTTH and even back to Austin Carr's ( Notre Dame ) all time NCAA tournament scoring record of 63 (pre 3 point line folks) , which I was fortunate enough to watch live at UD Arena. Rubin's night actually overshadowed a 20 point/10 rebound/6 assist night by teammate Daniel Hu, which is ridiculous, and the fact that the team collectively hit 34/59 from the field, and were credited with an assist on 17 of those 34 made baskets. Not to mention, the Jacks pulled down 41 rebounds ( we all know shooting at the evilness that is Oakwood's famed/infamous PIT is difficult for visitors). Overall, second straight excellent effort from the Jacks, though this one was the best of the season to date. Rubin was just outstanding.

Oakwood overwhelmed a pretty good Stivers team 89-66. Senior guard Darren Rubin, the school's all time leading scorer had a night for the ages, which I described in a previous post on this site.
Rubin had 30 points in the first half and 38 overall on 13/18 from the field with 7/11 from 3 range, and 5/5 from the free throw line.. He also had 8 rebounds, 2 assists and though not credited with any steals, he was directly responsible for a few of the Tiger's turnovers. His first half was about as good as I have ever seen, including BJ MUllens 60+ night at FTTH and even back to Austin Carr's ( Notre Dame ) all time NCAA tournament scoring record of 63 (pre 3 point line folks) , which I was fortunate enough to watch live at UD Arena. Rubin's night actually overshadowed a 20 point/10 rebound/6 assist night by teammate Daniel Hu, which is ridiculous, and the fact that the team collectively hit 34/59 from the field, and were credited with an assist on 17 of those 34 made baskets. Not to mention, the Jacks pulled down 41 rebounds ( we all know shooting at the evilness that is Oakwood's famed/infamous PIT is difficult for visitors). Overall, second straight excellent effort from the Jacks, though this one was the best of the season to date. Rubin was just outstanding.
Very impressive win for Oakwood and it sounds like Rubin had a night to remember. From my understanding, Stivers is pretty good this year, and I know they already beat Thurgood. You would guess they were throwing some athletes at Rubin to try to slow him down. 30 points in one half is just crazy.

Waynesville Carlisle this Friday any thoughts?
Clearly, in the SWBL, it's hard to predict anything this year. I would guess this game will be very competitive. To me it seems like Waynesville is more consistent this year and if I had to predict, I'd say Waynesville wins this one by 5-10 points. The one area Carlisle will have a clear advantage is with the size. They will need a good game from Burney to help keep it close.

Very impressive win for Oakwood and it sounds like Rubin had a night to remember. From my understanding, Stivers is pretty good this year, and I know they already beat Thurgood. You would guess they were throwing some athletes at Rubin to try to slow him down. 30 points in one half is just crazy.
I know you follow CCC and SWBL, did you ever get a chance to see Matt Witt from Bethel (1999-2002)? I remember one game where he had 49 and sat much of the second half.

Free throws and turnovers killed them...... in the second half
100% missing free throws will cost you, but most turnovers were from having one kid stand at the top of the key and dribble till he turns it over. They scored 43 points in the 1st half playing uptempo then come out and in the 2nd half playing 1920 basketball believe me these two coaches think there the smartest guys in the gym but they blow big leads like it’s going out of business doing stuff like this.

I am a TVS guy and I watched Preble Shawnee blow an 18 point 3rd quarter lead against us last year. It does have the feel that they don't know how to coach with the lead. I don't think the coaches will be going anywhere though. I am talking coaches in plural because I'm calling them a father/son combo deal. Being that they are from TVS, I thought they might have some interest in the TVS job when it comes open after this season, and I don't think that's going to be the case. There is no chance they leave on their own with that 8th grader that Preble Shawnee has is about to make his way into high school.
I’d trade you our two coaches for the TVS coach anytime that guy has always ran a good program weather he’s had players or not is a different question I know TVS will miss him after this season

I know you follow CCC and SWBL, did you ever get a chance to see Matt Witt from Bethel (1999-2002)? I remember one game where he had 49 and sat much of the second half.
I saw Matt Witt for sure. He was excellent. My uncle actually called me one Tuesday and said, you have to come watch this kid. I did, and he was certainly a good one.

Worked with his uncle and my brother in law played with him at Bethel.

Yep, I got to see him multiple times. From the Junior High level up. The best player that I've seen from the CCC ever, and one of the best players from the area. He was special.

I’d trade you our two coaches for the TVS coach anytime that guy has always ran a good program weather he’s had players or not is a different question I know TVS will miss him after this season
I tell you what, I've seen the talent that Preble Shawnee has had over the past 5 years, and I do believe that our coach would have had a lot more success than what Preble Shawnee ended up having. We will miss him for sure. He's been at the school since 1988 and has over 400 wins, that's a big loss. However, I do think it's time. From what I've heard he's close to retirement in general and the program is pretty down right now. We are 0-10 this year and we will be lucky to get 2-3 wins. Next year could actually be worse. Personally I was surprised he didn't hang them up after the league championship team last year.

Kennard averaging 38 in 2016 had games that year where he scored over 40 9 times one of those being 55!

Kennard averaging 38 in 2016 had games that year where he scored over 40 9 times one of those being 55!
yep, and i saw a couple of those. this was a little different though, 30 in he half, with one miss and a variety of drives, pullups, curls and bombs. Rubin is not kennard by any means, but this was a special half of basketball.

yep, and i saw a couple of those. this was a little different though, 30 in he half, with one miss and a variety of drives, pullups, curls and bombs. Rubin is not kennard by any means, but this was a special half of basketball.
He's not Kennard, and that's almost what makes this more impressive. A 6'0 guard that blends in with everybody else on physical appearance, and this didn't happen against Dixie. It happened against Stivers which will be one of the more athletic teams he will play all year. I would have liked to have watched the first half of this game.

I think Oakwood @ Monroe should be a good game tonight. Can Rubin & Co. get back in the league race with a win at Monroe?

I hope so.... but we have always struggled in that gym. Jacks have been hot or cold with little middle ground this season. Last two games have been good.

Should be a good game tonight when Preble Shawnee travels to Madison. Shawnee has two league losses and Madison has one (same as Waynesville).

Arrows absolutely dominated the Mohawks tonight felt like the Franklin but this time the Arrows didn’t stand around and stall Agee with 31 and Powers hitting NBA range threes Madison had a look of defeat early don’t believe they ever had a lead beside early in the 1st big game Tuesday for 1st place in the Buckeye against Waynesville

Last edited:
Arrows absolutely dominated the Mohawks tonight felt like the Franklin but this time the Arrows didn’t stand around and stall Agee with 31 and Powers hitting NBA range threes Madison had a look of defeat early don’t believe they ever had a lead beside early in the 1st big gag Tuesday for 1st place in the Buckeye against Waynesville
You are right- the Arrows dominated. They were on fire from the 3 point line and Agee is a real special player that rarely makes mistakes. Madison's lack of rebounding and turnovers killed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.