Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
God works in mysterious ways. In the Dayton Christian case, "scouts " went over to Africa to look expressly for individuals that had unique talents who could benefit from coming to America , get a quality education, then the plan was for them to return to their home in Africa bringing skills, money and education with them that would greatly better the communities they return to. To facilitate this, these kids were turned over to guardians who acted in the role as a parent. Not sure how the Legacy model was done? It is quite a sales job either way, parental guardianship or actually moving the whole family. I suppose a third option would have been for the parents to simply secure housing for their child much like college or one of the high school sports academies like Curtis Enis from Mississinawa Valley attended to get him prepared for life at Penn State. Those kids are under relatively strict and close watch of the academy, but still are considered high school athletes. The schools heavily recruit. Perhaps that's what Legacy was hoping become.

On a side note, MINSTER, TRI VILLAGE AND URBANA are among the non conference games on Legacies s schedule this year, I assume the result of a home and home contract agreed upon due to last years talent. Do these schools have any recourse to get out of a game against a team their JV would crush?

Seriously?

Seriously?
Can't tell the tone of your one word question, but at the risk of incorrectly viewing it as a serious question I will add this. Romain Guessagba-Sato was located living in the Central African Republic. He was encouraged to learn to play basketball after they discovered his talent was a 37" vertical. Friends of Africa was the association who brought him to the United States and placed him with Tom and Tiffany Thompson in Moraine, Ohio. The Thompson's acted as his legal guardians while at Dayton Christian.

He was almost immediately offered scholarships from NCAA d1 programs prior to playing for DC. The NCAA was slow to permit him to play based on English not being a language he spoke prior to being discovered in Africa. Xavier requested untimed ACT AND SAT testing and permission to use a French - English dictionary for the exams.

There are at least two other Male athletes and a couple female who came over at same time with same Friends of Africa organization. If I remember correctly all ended up at DC but once they were penalized by OHSAA, the younger ones (Ronnie Rusk) went to other area schools.Rusk finished his high school years at Vandalia Butler.

Some highlights from last night to take note of....

In the Buckeye Division, Madison with a win over Dixie to move to 3-0. Carlisle a win over MU to move to 3-1 overall. Carlisle is now 3-0 in the Buckeye Division and the game this Friday between Madison/Carlisle could be a good one.

In the Southwestern Division, Franklin with a huge win beating Monroe by 33 points. Oakwood with a nice win beating VV by 11 points. Also, Eaton beat Brookville to move to 3-1 on the year. Eaton plays Oakwood at home on Friday night, and this will be a game to see how for real Eaton really is.

'Cats had 4 in double figures and another with 9 ,defense was smothering. Eaton looks like the surprise team of the league so far.

Waynesville can cause issues in the league this year, if they played the first half like they did in the second half vs madison it would have been a different outcome. I look forward to that matchup at the end of the year.

Waynesville can cause issues in the league this year, if they played the first half like they did in the second half vs madison it would have been a different outcome. I look forward to that matchup at the end of the year.
Battle for 3rd/4th, Madison,Carlisle Top 2.

FRANKLIN 57
MONROE 24

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for Rick Cassano's report and photo gallery

Annual subscription is 16 cents a day, monthly subscription is 33 cents a day

You were right, Monroe really did have a hard time scoring. 24 pts. last night?
Monroe had a really solid start to the year up until that Franklin game. It'll be interesting to see how they recover from that. It seems like they can still win a lot of basketball games.

You were right, Monroe really did have a hard time scoring. 24 pts. last night?
Franklin is good and really long, but my biggest takeaway was how ill-prepared Monroe's staff is to making adjustments. Monroe has good athletes but they still need to be put in a position to succeed. Had no answer for Franklin's D and it's not that complicated.

Franklin is good and really long, but my biggest takeaway was how ill-prepared Monroe's staff is to making adjustments. Monroe has good athletes but they still need to be put in a position to succeed. Had no answer for Franklin's D and it's not that complicated.
All 5 Franklin starters are capable of playing guard. They all handle the ball and all have very quick hands on defense.

All 5 Franklin starters are capable of playing guard. They all handle the ball and all have very quick hands on defense.
From the early looks of things. Franklin may not have much of a challenge to win the Southwestern Division this year.

MADISON 67
CARLISLE 52

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for Rick Cassano's report and photo gallery from the game

Annual subscription is 16 cents a day
Monthly subscription is 33 cents a day

MADISON 67
CARLISLE 52

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for Rick Cassano's report and photo gallery from the game

Annual subscription is 16 cents a day
Monthly subscription is 33 cents a day

Madison is off to a great start.... I know it’s a long season but what are the odds they win a district title this year?

Madison is off to a great start.... I know it’s a long season but what are the odds they win a district title this year?

They could use a very good point guard. A defensive strategy, and work with the strategy, would come in handy.

Last edited:
They could use a very good point guard. A defensive strategy, and work with the strategy, would come in handy.

Not sure why you're so down on Sipple. The dude is averaging 13 points and 10 assist a game. 3 steals a game and shooting 50% from the field and 75% from 3. I don't think you can ask much more when you have a big averaging 30 a game. Whiteman was good, but hardly irreplaceable. You want to question the coaching, that's fine, but Sipple is doing about all you can ask at the point.

Not sure why you're so down on Sipple. The dude is averaging 13 points and 10 assist a game. 3 steals a game and shooting 50% from the field and 75% from 3. I don't think you can ask much more when you have a big averaging 30 a game. Whiteman was good, but hardly irreplaceable. You want to question the coaching, that's fine, but Sipple is doing about all you can ask at the point.

Very well. I look forward to some big games, especially at the end.

I hope that your Holidays go well.

Very well. I look forward to some big games, especially at the end.

I hope that your Holidays go well.
Coach seems to do a good job and with a pg putting those kind of numbers up sounds like you have an axe to grind for whatever reason but that’s what this place is for

So out of Madison’s 123 baskets he assisted on 50 of them. Now he has 23buckets himself. So he assisted on half of all the other buckets Madison has as a team?? Remember, you can’t get an assist when the team scores on an offensive rebound, or if Whitman goes one on one. C’mon man, this is disservice to the kid himself. Get real.

So out of Madison’s 123 baskets he assisted on 50 of them. Now he has 23buckets himself. So he assisted on half of all the other buckets Madison has as a team?? Remember, you can’t get an assist when the team scores on an offensive rebound, or if Whitman goes one on one. C’mon man, this is disservice to the kid himself. Get real.

Oh crap. Someone is using basic documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.