Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlisle has a new coach and new transfer guard. They will give Madison a run for the title in the Buckeye as long as the coach and backcourt stay eligible. Franklin wins the Southwest.

Seems like everybody is forgetting Northridge
They usually do every year lol. Never count them out with the great successful coach they have. They were one game from final four in state last year. But I think Northridge loves proving everyone wrong. They always have elite defensive teams every year.

Saw Oakwood last night vs. Bethel. Close at the half but Oakwood blew them out in 2nd half. Jacks pretty quick , Rubin with 15 and Freshman Will Maxwell had 17 in his varsity debut.

Last edited:
Northridge has won their first two games. They have a 6 foot 6 200 pound junior who has dominated on the boards and their guard had 33 points 7 rebounds and 7 steals. Don’t count them out in the division just yet.

It may have took 26 games but Dixie got a win last night congratulations to the players and coaches
I saw Dixie play both of their games and they were better than I expected. They are a young team but they play hard and have a few decent players. They will struggle playing all the Buckeye schools twice each, but I believe there will be some more wins in the future for Dixie.

Could any Franklin people explain to me why Tri Village is on there schedule honest question
That is a head scratcher for me too. A D1 school playing a D4 school. Tri Village has traditionally been a good basketball school, and there’s hope they can get there again in the next couple years. But the last couple years, they have been very bad. Not sure what interest Franklin would have in playing them.

That is a head scratcher for me too. A D1 school playing a D4 school. Tri Village has traditionally been a good basketball school, and there’s hope they can get there again in the next couple years. But the last couple years, they have been very bad. Not sure what interest Franklin would have in playing them.
I would be embarrassed if I was the Franklin’s AD.They already play in a league full of D2-D3 teams, and then schedule a D-4 team no wonder they won’t win a tournament game. Only D1 schools they play are Springbro and a bad Edgewood team. I can’t wait for the Arrows to get out of the SWBL

I would be embarrassed if I was the Franklin’s AD.They already play in a league full of D2-D3 teams, and then schedule a D-4 team no wonder they won’t win a tournament game. Only D1 schools they play are Springbro and a bad Edgewood team. I can’t wait for the Arrows to get out of the SWBL

Well the AD is also the head basketball coach, so you can guess why they play a bad DIV school.

Bellbrook - 60
Beavercreek-43

Big road win for the Eagles @ Creek tonight. Their pre-season schedule was tough and it looks to be paying off.

Bellbrook - 60
Beavercreek-43

Big road win for the Eagles @ Creek tonight. Their pre-season schedule was tough and it looks to be paying off.
Dominating win for the eagles...not a good look for the creek especially in there conference

Franklin 65
Brookville 52

A big win for Franklin early on in the season. Brookville isn't as good as last year, but they are still a solid basketball team. Also, Eaton beat Preble Shawnee last night to move to 2-1. Not saying they will compete for the league title, but they look to be better than they have in recent years.

Huge battle this Friday as Franklin travels to the PIT in Oakwood for an early season battle. The lumberjacks blasted the 'Cats there last year so Franklin needs to be ready for Rubin and Co.!!

Watched it with my own 2 eyes. Teams will have a hard time scoring on Monroe this season.
Monroe at Bellbrook tomorrow also looks to be a battle!
The confidence level of the schools in the sw division,esp.Franklin,Monroe,Oakwood ,Brookville and Bellbrook all seem to be running high. It appears that there will be some hard-fought games this season.

Monroe at Bellbrook tomorrow also looks to be a battle!
The confidence level of the schools in the sw division,esp.Franklin,Monroe,Oakwood ,Brookville and Bellbrook all seem to be running high. It appears that there will be some hard-fought games this season.
Don't sleep on Eaton either. I don't think they will compete to win the league, but they are going to win more games than they usually do and could sneak some wins in on the teams mentioned above. The Pittman and Frost kid are both very nice players and they have a couple other kids that can play too.

The coach does have a lot of career wins to his credit....not so many tournament wins tho. Everyone has different priorities

These SWBL teams (despite Northridge last year) do not get tourney wins so they may as well win some regular season games. It happens at all levels.

Carlisle has a new coach and new transfer guard. They will give Madison a run for the title in the Buckeye as long as the coach and backcourt stay eligible. Franklin wins the Southwest.
Transfer guard is Roland Newsome, who played at Legacy Christian last year. Good Player.

Good early season match up tonight at the Hole... umm. I mean the Pit, worst basketball facility on earth in my opinion... Oakwood hosts Franklin.

Status
Not open for further replies.