SWBL. Should add Trotwood , Clinton massie, Wilmington.

In what wats dont they? They can compete in every sport besides baseball and soccer. What can Stebbins, Greenville, Fairborn provide that Trotwood cant
Stebbins, Greenville, and Fairborn can provide teams in almost all sports at the Junior Varsity and Varsity levels. Trotwood is too good at the the money maker sports, but awful at everything else. they make no sense for the MVL. being an independent will be good for them to schedule who they can compete with regardless of sports.

Stebbins, Greenville, and Fairborn can provide teams in almost all sports at the Junior Varsity and Varsity levels. Trotwood is too good at the the money maker sports, but awful at everything else. they make no sense for the MVL. being an independent will be good for them to schedule who they can compete with regardless of sports.
False. Trotwood won their side of gwoc in Football, basketball, track, as well as wrestling. So that leaves tennis soccer baseball swimming. Other then Troy and occasionally Butler/ Sidney none of the others did squat

False. Trotwood won their side of gwoc in Football, basketball, track, as well as wrestling. So that leaves tennis soccer baseball swimming. Other then Troy and occasionally Butler/ Sidney none of the others did squat
It always seemed that everyone loved having Trotwood in the GMVC, then GWOC, until they stopped being a free win every season.

It always seemed that everyone loved having Trotwood in the GMVC, then GWOC, until they stopped being a free win every season.
the issue is they don’t exactly have a balanced athletic program. there’s no league for them right now. i hate to do this but look at Massillon, great at football but not much else. no one wants them in their league. Trotwood is on that level of dominance in both Football and Basketball. Trotwood should be okay playing Winton Woods/LaSalle/Moeller/Dunbar/Wayne/Springfield in football and basketball. then schedule the rest of the Dayton Public and Cincinnati Publics in other sports.

the issue is they don’t exactly have a balanced athletic program. there’s no league for them right now. i hate to do this but look at Massillon, great at football but not much else. no one wants them in their league. Trotwood is on that level of dominance in both Football and Basketball. Trotwood should be okay playing Winton Woods/LaSalle/Moeller/Dunbar/Wayne/Springfield in football and basketball. then schedule the rest of the Dayton Public and Cincinnati Publics in other sports.
So what makes greenville, fairborn, stebbins so much more balanced then Trotwood? If Trotwood was a easy win like they use to be they would of been invited. Fyi Trotwood was already playing most of them teams now go look at rest of teams ooc schedules. Troy was usually only ones that stepped out in football. Sidney had a loaded group coming through Bowser, Gordon, Roberts and a few others and didn’t step out. Gordon even sent a tweet out saying going to mvl seemed like they was running from comp

So what makes greenville, fairborn, stebbins so much more balanced then Trotwood? If Trotwood was a easy win like they use to be they would of been invited. Fyi Trotwood was already playing most of them teams now go look at rest of teams ooc schedules. Troy was usually only ones that stepped out in football. Sidney had a loaded group coming through Bowser, Gordon, Roberts and a few others and didn’t step out. Gordon even sent a tweet out saying going to mvl seemed like they was running from comp
unbalanced because they are top notch in Football and Mens/Women’s basketball but struggle to field teams in many sports. also keep in mind, Trotwood would’ve put the MVL at 11 teams and no way that was happening

O
unbalanced because they are top notch in Football and Mens/Women’s basketball but struggle to field teams in many sports. also keep in mind, Trotwood would’ve put the MVL at 11 teams and no way that was happening
only sports they did not field a team in is golf and i think it was swimming. Is what it is though nothing will change Trotwood got screwed and left with all d1 teams knowing they would eventually be bumped. Nobody wants to join the disaster dps so now its be independent and hopefully something new pops up

O

only sports they did not field a team in is golf and i think it was swimming. Is what it is though nothing will change Trotwood got screwed and left with all d1 teams knowing they would eventually be bumped. Nobody wants to join the disaster dps so now its be independent and hopefully something new pops up
nowhere is a fit as of now.

Trotwood is not ever joining the SWBL. Clinton Massie...I don’t see how they don’t join at some point. If the SWBL wants to grow back to 14 teams then CM is a no-brainer. Talawanda, Blanchester and maybe Edgewood would join.

Southwestern
Franklin
Bellbrook
Edgewood
Talawanda
Monroe
Valley View
Eaton

Buckeye
Brookville
Blanchester
Clinton Massie
Carlisle
Madison
Oakwood
Waynesville

Last edited:
Trotwood is not ever joining the SWBL. Clinton Massie...I don’t see how they don’t join at some point. If the SWBL wants to grow back to 14 teams then CM is a no-brainer. Talawanda, Blanchester and maybe Edgewood would join.

Southwestern
Franklin
Bellbrook
Edgewood
Talawanda
Monroe
Valley View
Eaton

Buckeye
Brookville
Blanchester
Clinton Massie
Carlisle
Madison
Oakwood
Waynesville

Brookville to Blanchester? Bellbrook to Talawanda? Have Brookville move to the new WOAC or Three Rivers. Not sure what to do with Bellbrook. They fit in size wise, geography with Franklin and maybe Monroe and Edgewood. That's about it. Looking north Miamisburg, West Carrollton, Xenia, Stebbins, etc. are all too big. Talawanda and Ross are a stretch travel-wise.

Brookville to Blanchester? Bellbrook to Talawanda? Have Brookville move to the new WOAC or Three Rivers. Not sure what to do with Bellbrook. They fit in size wise, geography with Franklin and maybe Monroe and Edgewood. That's about it. Looking north Miamisburg, West Carrollton, Xenia, Stebbins, etc. are all too big. Talawanda and Ross are a stretch travel-wise.
Im pretty sure Brookville won't move from SW, teams in the Buckeye are too far IMO and i dont see them going to WOAC or Three Rivers

Im pretty sure Brookville won't move from SW, teams in the Buckeye are too far IMO and i dont see them going to WOAC or Three Rivers
I absolutely do not see Brookville leaving the SWBL for the WOAC, maybe the TRC, but not anytime soon. As for other teams that could potentially leave for the WOAC.... the only thing that I could see potentially happening in the future is maybe Carlisle and Madison joining if a WOAC South could form and their could be a division with TVS, TCN, Trail, Preble Shawnee, Dixie, Carlisle and Madison. Not saying that it will happen, but that's the only way I could see any SWBL schools joining.

Part of my point was that adding Blanchester would be a stretch. Leave Blanchester in the SBAAC and the other six schools are fine.

Part of my point was that adding Blanchester would be a stretch. Leave Blanchester in the SBAAC and the other six schools are fine.
Yeah, Blanchester should not be playing Metro Dayton teams. at least in league play. little do some of us know, the culture and the way things are done south of Clinton County are very different. they’re a good fit in the SBAAC. now Clinton Massie and Wilmington should absolutely explore the SWBL.

I just want to point out that Trotwood won their Division in Wrestling a few years back, they also had a Girls basketball and tennis title too. They can compete in some of the non revenue sports.

Brookville travels to Anna, Milton travels to Waynesville and Madison.

But Brookville to Blanchester is an extra 20 miles. Also Anna is a non-conference game that Brookville voluntarily picks to play. As for Milton-Union wasn't that, at least in part, a reason why they chose to leave the league?

Yeah, Blanchester should not be playing Metro Dayton teams. at least in league play. little do some of us know, the culture and the way things are done south of Clinton County are very different. they’re a good fit in the SBAAC. now Clinton Massie and Wilmington should absolutely explore the SWBL.
Wilmington has 4 conference wins in 3 seasons in the SBAAC. 2 of those came in 2017. They were 1-4 each of the last 2 seasons... and you’re saying they need to switch conferences because the competition is low?

Wilmington has 4 conference wins in 3 seasons in the SBAAC. 2 of those came in 2017. They were 1-4 each of the last 2 seasons... and you’re saying they need to switch conferences because the competition is low?
you know a school fields more sports from football.. and wilmington has been good before. they have athletes. i also think it would suit them better to be in the Dayton market.

you know a school fields more sports from football.. and wilmington has been good before. they have athletes. i also think it would suit them better to be in the Dayton market.
Oh I’m well aware there’s more than football, but we all know football drives the bus. Wilmington has been decent in the past 10 years and had 1, maybe 2 good teams in the 10 before that.

Massie would be dumb to move to the SWBL if they’re going to get stuck on the “small” side of things.

Even the small school side would be better than the SBC. Why can’t you get it. SWBL is much greater than the SBC by a long shot. It is beneficial for CM to move conferences in every way. Don’t really care what Wilmington does but I bet they would stick with CM if possible.

Oh I’m well aware there’s more than football, but we all know football drives the bus. Wilmington has been decent in the past 10 years and had 1, maybe 2 good teams in the 10 before that.

Massie would be dumb to move to the SWBL if they’re going to get stuck on the “small” side of things.
you really think Massie wouldn’t want to play on the small side of things?? and that’s not even a certain. i guarantee they get thrown in with the larger schools. the SWBL is better than the SBC in every way!! i could see them in a big school division of Valley View, Wilmington, Monroe, Franklin, and Bellbrook.

Even the small school side would be better than the SBC. Why can’t you get it. SWBL is much greater than the SBC by a long shot. It is beneficial for CM to move conferences in every way. Don’t really care what Wilmington does but I bet they would stick with CM if possible.
The small side better than the SBC? That’s laughable.

I’m not judging based on one sport. I also am not judging where Massie finishes in those other sports. Just take a look at the post season success in any sport by any SBC team. It’s really not good. SWBL is a much better league that would create better opportunities for the athletes.
In what sports is the SWBL seriously outperforming the SBAAC? Where is this post season success in one that’s not in the other?

I’m not judging based on one sport. I also am not judging where Massie finishes in those other sports. Just take a look at the post season success in any sport by any SBC team. It’s really not good. SWBL is a much better league that would create better opportunities for the athletes.
Only thing I see when researching post-season success is an SWBL team may make it a round further but take into consideration that 1/2 of the SBC is D1 in most sports outside of football.