SWBL. Should add Trotwood , Clinton massie, Wilmington.

Yeah, see I hate to see any one post that a conference of high school kids playing a game is a joke.
These are high school kids. No jokes there. Let’s show some maturity and remember who we are talking about.

Yeah, see I hate to see any one post that a conference of high school kids playing a game is a joke.
These are high school kids. No jokes there. Let’s show some maturity and remember who we are talking about.
i meant the affiliation itself. it’s just a very odd conference, from a location stand point and then the competitive difference between the two divisions

Trotwood needs to be in a league that will help Bellbrook Franklin Monroe then there’s a chance they don’t leave
Why would Trotwood go from already being forced to play the old GWOC North and South teams which is the new MVL teams, to playing even worse teams in the SWBL? Why should they help those teams and not help themselves that's going backwards. They'd play much tougher schedule being independent.

Interesting fact, did you know Trotwood used to be in the SWBL in the late 70's? There's ABSOLUTELY no way Trotwood is going back to the SWBL! It's not even thought of.

No other SWBL school will win a title while Trotwood is in it. Other than Football and Basketball the Rams aren't really competitive in other sports.

I have said Massie, Wilmington and Wash CH are great fits. Trotwood is not a fit. Former SWBL member but it's a whole different community now than in 1975.
I feel that Massie is a great move. Wilmington and CH are great fits too. Miami Trace might be another option.

One more thing to consider, the new TRC is still looking for a couple of schools with the interest due to Lehman Cath's dwindling numbers. Brookville would be a great fit as would Oakwood. Longest drive would be Brookville to Riverside.
They tough in track and girls basketball as well wrestling too.

Why would Trotwood go from already being forced to play the old GWOC North and South teams which is the new MVL teams, to playing even worse teams in the SWBL? Why should they help those teams and not help themselves that's going backwards. They'd play much tougher schedule being independent.

Interesting fact, did you know Trotwood used to be in the SWBL in the late 70's? There's ABSOLUTELY no way Trotwood is going back to the SWBL! It's not even thought of.
You’re wrong on many fronts. Trotwood was a member from 1952-1974. Milton had their way with Trotwood then. Late 70s they were in the MCC.

i meant the affiliation itself. it’s just a very odd conference, from a location stand point and then the competitive difference between the two divisions
The location? It’s a conference composed of teams from 3 counties that all basically boarder each other.

All 4 Clinton County schools, everyone in Clermont County minus Milford/West Clermont and then everyone in Brown County except Eastern and Fayetteville (Fayetteville is in the conference for football only).

The divisions are drastically different because the growth some communities have seen- but the schools have stayed together because where else to schools go?

Last edited:
The location? It’s a conference composed of teams from 3 counties that all basically boarder each other.

All 4 Clinton County schools, everyone in Clermont County minus Milford/West Clermont and then everyone in Brown County except Eastern and Fayetteville (Fayetteville is in the conference for football only).

The divisions are drastically different because the growth some communities have seen- but the schools have stayed together because where else to schools go?
i think it’s just the divisional set up. you don’t usually see D3 schools in with D7 schools regardless of if there is a divisional split. i think the bigger schools could all find better leagues to be in. the small schools? not a bad set up. the Clinton County schools to New Richmond is a heck of a drive. New Richmond and Goshen could both be a decent fit in the CHL. Western Brown just isn’t a great fit anywhere- probably wherever Goshen and NR are, and maybe with Hillsboro as well.

CHL isn’t a real possibility for anyone but NR. Maybe if Taylor, Deer Park and Finneytown left, the CHL would consider NR, Goshen and Ross (???)
This isn’t for this thread though- don’t wanna hijack it for conversations outside of Massie/SWBL.

I’ve been told Wilmington has no interest in leaving. If Massie goes, the league will try to replace them with the only real option- Hillsboro.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Little Miami wants in in 5 years. The move to the ECC is going to be brutal.

CHL isn’t a real possibility for anyone but NR. Maybe if Taylor, Deer Park and Finneytown left, the CHL would consider NR, Goshen and Ross (???)
This isn’t for this thread though- don’t wanna hijack it for conversations outside of Massie/SWBL.

I’ve been told Wilmington has no interest in leaving. If Massie goes, the league will try to replace them with the only real option- Hillsboro.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Little Miami wants in in 5 years. The move to the ECC is going to be brutal.
i could realistically see Goshen and New Richmond in the CHL.

if Massie and Wilmington leave the SBC, i would have to think Hillsboro and McClain would get invites. they would be better fits than the Clinton County schools anyways.

why wouldn’t Wilmington want to leave??

and i think Little Miami has a little too much pride to go from a league with Winton Woods to one with Fayetteville Perry

With the new playoff format coming in 2021, TW will be fine. They'll have to be creative in getting games since everyone avoids them until the playoffs.

The Trotwood that was in the SWBL in the 70s isn’t the same Trotwood of today. They don’t fit into the SWBL and wouldn’t like it. Just a horrible fit. Now, Clinton Massie would be a perfect fit. Brookville will never leave the SWBL unless it splits up and ceases to exist. SWBL will be a more southern and eastern league.

i could realistically see Goshen and New Richmond in the CHL.

if Massie and Wilmington leave the SBC, i would have to think Hillsboro and McClain would get invites. they would be better fits than the Clinton County schools anyways.

why wouldn’t Wilmington want to leave??

and i think Little Miami has a little too much pride to go from a league with Winton Woods to one with Fayetteville Perry

Little Miami applied to the SBC the same year as Massie and Wilmington (maybe the year after) and was rejected because they made it know they would want to test the ECC when they had the chance. The SBC didn't want to be a stepping stone- so they rejected them. Otherwise they would have been a great fit. A D2 school who has gotten better at football and is geographically the right pick. They would never play Fayetteville. Fayetteville is only in for football and there are zero mandated crossover games. Many schools still do out of rivalry and location- but there's not official crossover to my understanding.

Hillsboro makes sense. Their size and location fit. McClain doesn't. It's an hour and half from NR to McClain. The longest current commute is Massie to New Richmond at an hour.

I was reading one of the other SWBL threads and saw that IRLMN1999 posted the success of the SWBL Southwestern division over the last decade. I looked up the success of the SBC American. The SW side of the SWBL has 16 playoff appearances with a 12-16 record. Not counting CM the SBC has 7 playoff appearances with a record of 3-7. You might say that the SWBL has 7 teams and the SBC only has 5. I say that’s just another reason I would love to see the SWBL add CM. This would make an already good conference better but most importantly CM would get better. Yes, in all sports.

CM would be a great addition to this long-storied league. I feel that they would balance things out. That game with Valley View last year in the playoffs was a shocker to me. Milton took VV to overtime losing by a point. I felt that CM was a much better team.
would be a great rivalry with VV and Waynesville.

How’s about Clinton Massie and Greeneview?
I know GV is in a strong league but this would be a good move for them.
Valley View
Eaton
Brookville
Carlisle
Madison
Franklin

Waynesville
Greenview
Clinton-Massie
Bellbrook
Oakwood
Monroe
Or however you want it. Greeneview would be a great addition.

How’s about Clinton Massie and Greeneview?
I know GV is in a strong league but this would be a good move for them.
Valley View
Eaton
Brookville
Carlisle
Madison
Franklin

Waynesville
Greenview
Clinton-Massie
Bellbrook
Oakwood
Monroe
Or however you want it. Greeneview would be a great addition.
i don’t think Greeneview would be up for anything other than a new-ish league with the clark county schools, or joining up with the WCH schools. i made one proposal that they could take a strong look at, including schools from clark, madison, greene, and fayette counties. taking 35 west from jamestown on a week night is an absolute nightmare, so getting to oakwood, waynesville, bellbrook, etc on any weeknight would not be easy. Greeneview “likes” where they are at but i have an idea how they could improve their situation.

Clinton-Massie just makes too much sense to join the SWBL

I think a league like
Valley View
Oakwood
Brookville
Clinton-Massie
Waynesville
Madison
Carlisle
Eaton

Franklin, Bellbrook, and Monroe are quickly out growing the league

Where do those three end up?
Monroe- SWOC. makes enough sense

Bellbrook & Franklin- MVL south. geographically and competitively it makes perfect sense. and then you can send Sidney back to the North. would make for an awesome D2/3 league and would love for Franklin vs Troy crossovers.

Monroe- SWOC. makes enough sense

Bellbrook & Franklin- MVL south. geographically and competitively it makes perfect sense. and then you can send Sidney back to the North. would make for an awesome D2/3 league and would love for Franklin vs Troy crossovers.
Troy would have its way with Franklin. Tipp vs Franklin and Tipp vs Bellbrook would be great games.
Odd man out is Bellbrook. They won’t leave the SWBL.

Troy would have its way with Franklin. Tipp vs Franklin and Tipp vs Bellbrook would be great games.
Odd man out is Bellbrook. They won’t leave the SWBL.
i think Bellbrook and Franklin make it an even more competitive league.

i think it’s possible that Bellbrook leaves. when you think about it, they would be joining a league with two other county rivals in Xenia and Fairborn. Franklin can matchup with West Carrolton week 10.

i think they would do just fine in the South division. same for bellbrook
Franklin is better then every team in mvl south in just about all sports. Problem with mvl is their limited availability to schedule out of conference games. Maybe they will figure something out in future but seems like going 8-2, 9-1 and having to play a team like a lasalle or Olentangy first round of playoffs is ok for them

Franklin is better then every team in mvl south in just about all sports. Problem with mvl is their limited availability to schedule out of conference games. Maybe they will figure something out in future but seems like going 8-2, 9-1 and having to play a team like a lasalle or Olentangy first round of playoffs is ok for them
if the MVL expanded to 12 teams i am positive they would move away from that awful 9 game league schedule.