SWBL. Should add Trotwood , Clinton massie, Wilmington.

alk4474

Now that 12 teams make the playoff you could add Trotwood to the league. Yes I know they would kill in football and basketball but they would make schools in the league step up. But now with 12 in playoffs you can Afford a loss or two

Now that 12 teams make the playoff you could add Trotwood to the league. Yes I know they would kill in football and basketball but they would make schools in the league step up. But now with 12 in playoffs you can Afford a loss or two
I'm still a no for all the purposes that's been mentioned in the other posts. Your reasoning is not the only reason that people do not want them in their league. I think its likely we do see the SWBL add CM, Wilmington, Ross, Edgewood or Talawanda in the next few years.

I'm still a no for all the purposes that's been mentioned in the other posts. Your reasoning is not the only reason that people do not want them in their league. I think its likely we do see the SWBL add CM, Wilmington, Ross, Edgewood or Talawanda in the next few years.
The SWBL schools will help Trotwood develop their other sports I think it’s a perfect fit. They are Div 3 Franklin bellbrook Monroe will most likely be div 3. Why are ppl so scared of this idea?

If that happens they will lose Brookville and VV for sure. I don't understand why everyone wants a 2 division conference. Go back to 10 teams and play everyone.

If that happens they will lose Brookville and VV for sure. I don't understand why everyone wants a 2 division conference. Go back to 10 teams and play everyone.
That doesn’t make your teams better playinggames most of the teams In the swbl are bad. I think the team should have three or four nonconference games

I will agree that having 12 teams making the playoffs does help in regards to taking a for sure loss on your schedule. I still don't think that is a good reason to add Trotwood to the SWBL.

I don't want to sound like a broken record here again, but I still believe we are going to see Talawanda/Ross/Edgewood join the SWBL in a few years and we will see a split in the SWBL again. I don't know the details, and there will need to be a 4th team. Maybe it could be Trotwood, I think most wish it could be CM. I'm just not sure if CM and Wilmington are a package deal. That complicates things.

No other SWBL school will win a title while Trotwood is in it. Other than Football and Basketball the Rams aren't really competitive in other sports.

I have said Massie, Wilmington and Wash CH are great fits. Trotwood is not a fit. Former SWBL member but it's a whole different community now than in 1975.
I feel that Massie is a great move. Wilmington and CH are great fits too. Miami Trace might be another option.

One more thing to consider, the new TRC is still looking for a couple of schools with the interest due to Lehman Cath's dwindling numbers. Brookville would be a great fit as would Oakwood. Longest drive would be Brookville to Riverside.

No other SWBL school will win a title while Trotwood is in it. Other than Football and Basketball the Rams aren't really competitive in other sports.

I have said Massie, Wilmington and Wash CH are great fits. Trotwood is not a fit. Former SWBL member but it's a whole different community now than in 1975.
I feel that Massie is a great move. Wilmington and CH are great fits too. Miami Trace might be another option.

One more thing to consider, the new TRC is still looking for a couple of schools with the interest due to Lehman Cath's dwindling numbers. Brookville would be a great fit as would Oakwood. Longest drive would be Brookville to Riverside.
If you think this way bellbrook and franklin might as well give up their playoff spot bc you will face Trotwood in the playoffs. Guys you need to stop being scared of Competition. How about we make the league so easy everybody makes the playoffs but nobody wants a playoff game ( oh wait participation trophies that’s what you guys give your kids now right)

i agree with you on some and disagree with you on some.

the Fayette County Schools will NEVER join the SWBL. that would be a nightmare. you’d be hard pressed to even get them to consider the CBC. now the package deal of Clinton Massie and Wilmington should absolutely join the SWBL, would be a great move for both sides.

I can’t see oakwood even entertaining the TRC. Brookville? absolutely. i think Brookville should’ve gotten an invite from the beginning.

If you think this way bellbrook and franklin might as well give up their playoff spot bc you will face Trotwood in the playoffs. Guys you need to stop being scared of Competition. How about we make the league so easy everybody makes the playoffs but nobody wants a playoff game ( oh wait participation trophies that’s what you guys give your kids now right)
Trotwood was blowing out teams in the MVL. Xenia played their best game in a decade and pulled off 1 victory. Trotwood would beat Bellbrook by 6 scores. Trotwood would win the GWOC some years. it’s not a good move for anyone involved. Trotwood needs to sit and wait until someone leaves the GWOC (Springboro someday?) or they decide to expand. no other place for them

the Fayette County Schools will NEVER join the SWBL. that would be a nightmare. you’d be hard pressed to even get them to consider the CBC. now the package deal of Clinton Massie and Wilmington should absolutely join the SWBL, would be a great move for both sides.

Rush hour traffic on 35 heading westbound towards Dayton is an absolute nightmare once you get west of Xenia. There's no way Court House or Miami Trace will ever be in the SWBL. Some of the week night travel times would be brutally bad to the point of having issues with freshman and junior high start times.

Please oh please let them add Massie. Current SBC is a joke. I think Massie could add to the SWBL and it would be a great jump in competition for all sports.

Nobody owes Trotwood anything. They can find their own conference that will benefit them and everyone else, SWBL is not it. Trotwood created their own situation to be pushed out of previous league, no other conference needs to jump in and help them.

Rush hour traffic on 35 heading westbound towards Dayton is an absolute nightmare once you get west of Xenia. There's no way Court House or Miami Trace will ever be in the SWBL. Some of the week night travel times would be brutally bad to the point of having issues with freshman and junior high start times.
i drive to Washington Courthouse once a week or so for work from Fairborn and 4:30pm west of Xenia.. some of the worst traffic i’ve been through

Nobody owes Trotwood anything. They can find their own conference that will benefit them and everyone else, SWBL is not it. Trotwood created their own situation to be pushed out of previous league, no other conference needs to jump in and help them.
Tell me how they created their own situation? Being good? Being black?

don’t play the racism card. it has nothing to do with it. plenty of schools with a large African American Population that are in great places with great all around athletic programs. Trotwood is too good for the SWBL in some sports but don’t field plenty of other sports. why would Oakwood wanna get throttled in Football, and then have an extra date to fill for the country club sports? Trotwood to the SWBL genuinely makes 0 sense for either party.

Please oh please let them add Massie. Current SBC is a joke. I think Massie could add to the SWBL and it would be a great jump in competition for all sports.
I agree that adding CM and Wilmington to the SWBL is a good fit, please don't judge an entire league based on one sport. Do your homework. Since joining the league CM, in all sports, both male and female, has been a middle finish athletic program in the final standings. In some cases they haven't even fielded teams (XC).

Not playing race card but it looks like you did. Again tell me why they created there own situation? And for oakwood they just neeed to step up. And in other sports they can schedule a different team to play

I agree that adding CM and Wilmington to the SWBL is a good fit, please don't judge an entire league based on one sport. Do your homework. Since joining the league CM, in all sports, both male and female, has been a middle finish athletic program in the final standings. In some cases they haven't even fielded teams (XC).
I agree both are a great fit

First of all, Trotwood would dominate in football,basketball, and track. After that the rest of the league is looking for games to make up for all the other sports that they don't have enough to field. Certain sports they don't reserve teams or field teams at all. You don't get it alk4474,there is more damage to be done to the league by their lack of competition and teams in others sports and what they don't bring to the league.If it is competition you want then schedule it!

I’m not judging based on one sport. I also am not judging where Massie finishes in those other sports. Just take a look at the post season success in any sport by any SBC team. It’s really not good. SWBL is a much better league that would create better opportunities for the athletes.

I’ll respond to that by saying race has absolutely nothing to do with it. Please tell me exactly why they were tossed out of the previous league; you’ll have to do better than cry racism because that is not true. They were in conference a long time, race would not just emerge as an issue now.

I’ll respond to that by saying race has absolutely nothing to do with it. Please tell me exactly why they were tossed out of the previous league; you’ll have to do better than cry racism because that is not true. They were in conference a long time, race would not just emerge as an issue now.
They started winning even at div 3 and the rest of the white schools just vote them out FOR NO REASON. It was wrong. They use to be founding member of the SWBL ITS TIME TO BRING THEM BACK