SW District Division 1 seedings in Cincinnati

A ton of parity and quality teams: After MND, in no particular order: Walnut, West, Mercy McAuley, Princeton, Loveland, Mason....after that a slew of teams could slide into a top 10 spot including West Clermont, Sycamore, Edgewood, Oak Hills, Little Miami, even Ursuline who plays a tough schedule. Should be a fun tourney for anyone who doesn't end up in MND's bracket LOL

Of the 34 or so D1 teams in the Cincinnati SW district, only 7 teams have made it to the District Finals over the past 5 years. MND, West, McAuley/Mercy McAuley and Mason have made it each of those 5 years, with Walnut, Ursuline and Lakota East also making appearances. Does anyone else finally find their way to Princeton on championship Saturday this year??

I think the 5 spots come down to 7 teams. MND, West, Mercy McAuley, Mason, Walnut, Loveland, and Princeton. Have some good teams below, but dont think they have enough to knock off these teams. There is a ton of balance this yr after these teams, i think the first and 2nd round games will be very competitive and fun games to watch

Depending on how the brackets are set, will the other 6 avoid playing MND at the district or even the first round of the regionals. Of course Wayne and Fairmont would play in to that discussion.

No one willing to take the leap???

1.MND-obvious
2.MM -Best schedule Best Wins
3.Loveland-Conference Winner Beat Springboro
4.West- Conference Winner Lost to Springboro
5.Walnut-2nd in Conference Beat MM

Why? I'll give the Nod to conference Winners first then common opponents sec.

I'm not disagreeing but leaving Princeton and Mason out is like wow. I'm not advocating for them, I would say the same whichever two were left out. Stacked sectional! In this scenario, Do the teams go in the brackets away from meeting MND in the district?

Its very tough with those top 7...i would go this way

1. MND
2. West
3. MM
4. Princeton
5. Loveland
6. Walnut
7. Mason(cant believe i'm saying that)

I'm not disagreeing but leaving Princeton and Mason out is like wow. I'm not advocating for them, I would say the same whichever two were left out. Stacked sectional! In this scenario, Do the teams go in the brackets away from meeting MND in the district?
Why because it's Princeton and Mason or Because you think they have earned it? Honest question.

Because they are good is what I am saying. Again, truly not advocating just amazed at the level of teams in this sectional. I mean West Clermont and Sycamore aren't far from being part of this discussion. All that being said, for this discussion Mason losing at home to Princeton this week has to drop them. Whether it will or not is yet to be seen.

Nothing. But anyone could certainly argue for any of them. I'm just an observer and a fan. Hopefully their fans can make a stand for them. Be fun to hear! I still wonder if these 6 will bunch in brackets away from MND or who will be the first to challenge them?

I think the coaches' voting on Sunday will yield these as the top 5, and they'll avoid each other by selecting to go to separate sectionals (unless one of them does something unexpected. Eh hem, Princeton...):

In no order (kinda matters, but doesn't really) - MND, MM, West, Princeton, and Loveland.

That means Walnut, Mason, West Clermont, Sycamore, et al. will have to pick their poison. The good news is that the poison (minus MND) isn't as strong as it has been recently, and we should get to watch some good early round games.

Good luck to all!

MND is heads and shoulders above everyone else. I would love to Walnut Hills play a top team besides the good team or two in the ECC. Walnut Hills coach trying to pad his record. I've seen Princeton twice so you never know which team will show up. To me I think Princeton could be a top team but the freshman girl does whatever with no direction from Jill. Moving forward the tournament has been uploaded and I see MND has Withrow. MND need to bring their freshman team at least they would only win by probably 15.

MND is heads and shoulders above everyone else. I would love to Walnut Hills play a top team besides the good team or two in the ECC. Walnut Hills coach trying to pad his record. I've seen Princeton twice so you never know which team will show up. To me I think Princeton could be a top team but the freshman girl does whatever with no direction from Jill. Moving forward the tournament has been uploaded and I see MND has Withrow. MND need to bring their freshman team at least they would only win by probably 15.
Where did you see the results of the draw? OHSAA site not updated with them yet.

Interesting choice by Walnut to jump into the sectional with Princeton. Looks like Mason or Loveland should make an appearance at District finals. Should be smooth sailing to the Dist. finals for the top 3 seeds, MND, West and Mercy McAuley.

Last edited:
Who does everyone have making the sectional finals in each bracket?? looks like mostly chalk. Here is what i have:
1. Princeton vs Walnut with Walnut winning
2. West vs West Clermont with West winning
3. Mason vs Loveland with Mason winning(most competitive bracket)
4. Sycamore vs MM with MM winning
5. Edgewood vs MND with MND winning

Last edited: