SVSM/Hoban Regular Season Games Officially Over

You can have it both ways here. I agree that the coach's behavior, without some evidence of something worse, doesn't justify the cancellation of the games. It actually persuades me that there was more to SVSM's decision than just the coach's behavior. That being said, he can be "the biggest cheerleader", "intense", "highly qualified", "elite" and "highly committed" without bringing negative attention to a proud school and it's troubling that he's been permitted to do it more than once.

As for Romeo Travis, he submitted false income documents to the IRS that were prepared by his agent. It has nothing to do with this topic.
I have a feeling Hoban vs STVM won’t happen in any sport.

Never thought I would agree with DB 04 but I could see St V and Hoban cease playing each other in any sport. Now that Hoban BB has made it to the final 4 who knows?

Never thought I would agree with DB 04 but I could see St V and Hoban cease playing each other in any sport. Now that Hoban BB has made it to the final 4 who knows?
I can’t see St V dropping Hoban in basketball but choosing to play better basketball schools like Centerville, Sierra Canyon, and Mater Dei, unless maybe Winkler continues his antics.

Remember Hoban was the one that started this whole thing by not playing St V in basketball.

Unfortunately, the numerous antics by many also was a result of the Crown League to be formed and Hoban not to be invited. Over the years, they burned some serious bridges.

It’s like a guy dating a hot girl with red flags..when he has enough of her irrational antics/actions …he’s out!!!

You cannot deny the on the field antics by staff at games/events were a problem.

TK and DiMauro aren’t going to put up with that or a male cheerleader like DealMedico. I can tell you many are glad that DealMedico and Mike Ausperk are gone ✌️. Both of them were tools and arrogant as can be.

I can’t see St V dropping Hoban in basketball but choosing to play better basketball schools like Centerville, Sierra Canyon, and Mater Dei, unless maybe Winkler continues his antics.

Remember Hoban was the one that started this whole thing by not playing St V in basketball.
Yea I have heard that everything is Hoban's fault since the founding of the school. Lol. Bottom line is it looks weak and everyone knows it. I am sure Hoban looked weak when they quit playing basketball lo those many years ago.

Yea I have heard that everything is Hoban's fault since the founding of the school. Lol. Bottom line is it looks weak and everyone knows it. I am sure Hoban looked weak when they quit playing basketball lo those many years ago.
STVM did it to themselves in the 2000s. I don’t blame Hoban for dropping STVM because it got ugly. It wasn’t because Hoban was losing in basketball. You would be crazy to drop STVM when both schools are making a ton of money playing at Akron U. I’m pretty sure they pissed off Walsh and they didn’t play them in basketball as well in the 2000s.

No worries..In 2-3 years, I can see everything being smooth and healthy. You can’t act like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds on the sidelines and during sporting events and expect to be forgiven.

As I recall, Gloria James was unhappy with Hoban's approach to rough up her baby and the basketball relationship breakdown grew out from that.

These schools survived and flourished for years without each other and they should be able to do so now. Alumni and local sports fans don't like it, but there's a whole lot more to the schools than sports. At the end of the day, given their ability to communicate and cooperate with each other, it's probably good that they part. Maybe absence will make their hearts grow fonder.

I hope things get healthy. Hoban and STVM grads usually have fun together on St Party’s Day.

I have my shirt ready for tomorrow 😜

Attachments

• 8237B0E3-9529-48F9-8933-836431077274.jpeg
    8237B0E3-9529-48F9-8933-836431077274.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 22