'Suspicious' man who offered chocolates to boy was actually participating in Random Acts of Kindness Day

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Police in Hanover, Ont. have ended their investigation into a man who tried to give a young person a box of chocolates after determining he was participating in Random Acts of Kindness Day.

In a media release issued on Friday, Hanover police said they were investigating a “suspicious older male” who reportedly pulled over and approached a youth walking home from school on Wednesday.

At the time, police said the man offered the boy a box of ‘Pot of Gold’ chocolates. When the student declined, the man insisted, saying the boy could give them to his mom.

That may be true, but the guy is a idiot regardless of his apparent or actual motive. I've lived long enough to see "good family" men turn into pedophiles acting on some base internal sickness. I would keep an eye on this guy.

That may be true, but the guy is an idiot regardless of his apparent or actual motive. I've lived long enough to see "good family" men turn into pedophiles acting on some base internal sickness. I would keep an eye on this guy.
Good luck with that approach. Are you prepared to budget police departments based on that level of suspicion? Are you prepared to live in a society with that level of OFFICIAL suspicion? Prove you are not a criminal…

No thanks.