Surprises, and Disappointments going into week 9.

footballforever

Surprises...Jackson Milton at 6-3(weak wins though they pulled out, but a win is a win.), Struthers, coming on strong after losing their next 3 after the Aquinas game they've been playing solid football.. Boardman, quietly staying in the playoff hunt.
Disappointments...Warren Harding, what's the problem? Hubbard, it seems they can't get on the "right page" for some reason out there. Columbiana, getting the QB from Leetonia made me feel that Spaite had a playoff contender.

Last edited:

Wadsworth at 5-3 with a 17-7 loss to Hudson, 45-35 loss to Medina
and a 42-35 4 overtime loss to Fitch. And Wadsworth lost
their starting QB Luke Fisher to injury for a few games. Justin Todd is
getting it done after back to back losing seasons.

So what do the Grizzlies do in week 9?
Go down the tubes to North Royalton 22-21.
I sure hope I didn't jinx them with my accolades.

To make it even worse, the game was at Art Wright stadium.

Last edited:
Middletown and Oak Hills both at 3-5 with the same record as Colerain in the GMC. They will play each other week 10 so one or the other ends the season with at least 4 wins which is a huge improvement for either program. Clinton Massie sitting at 3-5 after winning a DIV state championship last year. Fenwick sitting at 6-2 with a big game against undefeated Badin this week.

Marlington at 1-7. And their one 'W' is over winless Minerva.
The Dukes' have fallen on hard times the last few years
after a number of winning seasons.

Last edited:
Lucas at 4-4 with the distinct possibility of finishing 4-6 with
an away game at Fort Loramie (6-2) coming up this Friday night.
They finish with Arlington (7-1).

Canton McKinley at 4-4 after starting the season 0-4 with losses to
Mentor, Fitch, Coffman and Massillon Perry. In their wins against
Massillon Jackson, Uniontown Lake (
7-1), Uniontown Green and
Hoover the Pups' have not had a turnover. They should beat Glenoak
Friday night to be sitting
5-4 heading into THE GAME.

Last edited:
Aurora losing to Barberton 35-14 after Medina Highland
blanked the Magics' 35-0. So, who do the Greenmen play
this Friday? You got it, Medina Highland. Can Aurora pull
off the upset? Coach Mihalik sure hopes they can.

That's it for me. :banana: :stirthepot: :p:unsure: I've had my fun.

Last edited:
Surprise: Riverside. I figured they would be decent, but they have beaten some good teams and could make a deep run and possibly give Hoban a run for their money.
Disappointing: Stow. How does a school of that size.... I'll just leave it at that.

And very much agree big time with a couple others already mentioned: (both by garydaddy)
1. Benedictine - like the garydaddy wrote, some preseason polls had them in the top 10 in the state.
2. Wadsworth - I remember reading where many had them finishing in the bottom of their league. In July I had already taken them off of my list of teams/games to see this year. That changed for sure. They have played some pretty good ball.

R6 playing out about as expected. Oregon Clay with a few more than expected. SJJ with a few points here or there would be about as expected, the 3-5 deceiving. An upper tier play-off team is going to get a heck of a game out of a 5-5 team.

Biggest Surprises and Disappointments:

* Benedictine without a win.

* Ellet, rebounding from a tragedy and having the head coach put on leave, has gone from 0-3 to 4-4.

* University School bailing on game day with Mogadore.

* Schools without bands playing football
Please don't send the music minions to there safe space!

Akron North winning a game. Outside of the Akron City Series. Over a team that had a winning record from 2016-2020. Speaking of which, what happened to Wickliffe? A respectable squad with playoff appearances recently now losing to Akron North

Surprises...Jackson Milton at 6-3(weak wins though they pulled out, but a win is a win.), Struthers, coming on strong after losing their next 3 after the Aquinas game they've been playing solid football.. Boardman, quietly staying in the playoff hunt.
Disappointments...Warren Harding, what's the problem? Hubbard, it seems they can't get on the "right page" for some reason out there. Columbiana, getting the QB from Leetonia made me feel that Spaite had a playoff contender.
Warren Harding, what's the problem? Everyone knows the problem but unable to solve the problem. It's time for a change.

Surprise: Riverside. I figured they would be decent, but they have beaten some good teams and could make a deep run and possibly give Hoban a run for their money.
Disappointing: Stow. How does a school of that size.... I'll just leave it at that.

And very much agree big time with a couple others already mentioned: (both by garydaddy)
1. Benedictine - like the garydaddy wrote, some preseason polls had them in the top 10 in the state.
2. Wadsworth - I remember reading where many had them finishing in the bottom of their league. In July I had already taken them off of my list of teams/games to see this year. That changed for sure. They have played some pretty good ball.
I’ve waited sooo long for Martinsburg to play a good Ohio school just to see how good we would fare against the #1 team in wv.

2nd time this happened

Attachments

• IMG_20221012_143934_862.jpg
    IMG_20221012_143934_862.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41
Disappointment..Springfield. They haven’t Won every Game by the Running Clock and they are The Best ever,every year!!!
Hey they came out flat in those games especially the loss. They do that once a year and lose a league game but they are still a dominate dynasty.

Riverside last year going into halftime was the only team that Chardon played that I was losing confidence. It's easy to pass some of that off to familiarity. I knew they would be Chardon's toughest regular season game. Anyone that says they expected to see what we saw is a damn liar.