Supreme Court Undercuts Access To Birth Control Under Obamacare

The modern world provides better alternatives. Why pay for pills? and not birth control pills?
Birth control pills aren't 100% especially if you don't take them like you're supposed to. In fact, only abstinence is 100%. Oddly enough I have known people who got pregnant on the pill, had their tubes tied, or had vasectomies. I have never known anyone that got pregnant because the condom failed. Anecdotal I know. Nothing is fool proof but to pretend that women don't have options is a little sexist on your part.

And you're in the "woke" crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
No - not government run, but the free market instead. Allow me to choose from the multitude of options that would become available if no one had coverage through their employer.
What if you have really good insurance from your employer?

What if you have really good insurance from your employer?

Then that option would probably be available on the free market.

Let your employer pay you more (their cost to employ you goes down because they aren't paying the premiums) and you join that plan on the free market. Then if you change jobs, you can choose to keep that plan (it's not tied to your employment to a particular company).

Well, pretty much everything you predict ends up being wrong, so...?‍♂️

Just for kicks though, why is it fine for Catholic schools and not for anyone else?

Hard to imagine you having a dumber take than this anytime this week lol. My god.
Good call until he posted this:
Because without the ability to control their own sexual health they become unable to control basically everything else in their lives.

Not as crazy as thinking that "religious objections" should have any sort of impact on public policy or its application.
What? So you think that some ideologies that some people support should not have any impact on public policy. Seems that is the opposite of how the United States works. Everyone should be able to put their objections out there and we should be meeting somewhere in the middle. This is a good example of the system working.

I guess.

The tragic failings of the VA stand as a running argument for single-payer.

PNHP? LMAO ? ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm not kidding.

Religion is poison. I have absolutely zero interest in compromising with nonsense.

Unless it's something that is also grounded outside of religious faith (like, for instance, laws against murder), there aren't very many things*** that I think should be under consideration with public policy. I'm generally pretty neutral or indifferent on quite a bit of what people believe, but I definitely draw a hard line at someone's religious beliefs interfering with someone else's ability to obtain a health-related service in a public setting.

(***With some exceptions : For instance, in a draft, I would be fine with conscientious objectors who have a faith that requires pacifism.)
Saying "Religion is poison" sounds intolerant and bigoted. We should be embracing other ideas rather than dismissing entire groups of people.

Supreme Court Undercuts Access To Free Birth Control Under Obamacare

Fixed the headline. This doesn't take away anything, it just places the costs of your decisions onto your shoulders vs you employer or whatever organization provides your health insurance.