Suburban League American & National (2019-2020)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The new season is coming up fast. What are your predictions for both conferences? Best players? Best teams?

Any predictions?

National Division
Brecksville–Broadview Heights
Cuyahoga Falls
Hudson
Nordonia
North Royalton
Stow-Munroe Falls
Twinsburg
Wadsworth

American Division
Aurora
Barberton
Copley
Highland
Kent Roosevelt
Revere
Tallmadge

Any predictions?

National Division
Brecksville–Broadview Heights
Cuyahoga Falls
Hudson
Nordonia
North Royalton
Stow-Munroe Falls
Twinsburg
Wadsworth

American Division
Aurora
Barberton
Copley
Highland
Kent Roosevelt
Revere
Tallmadge

In the National, I could see any of Brecksville, Hudson, NoRo, Stow, or Twinsburg taking it.

Best players up there should be:
Brecksville: Well rounded attack, but Barth and Labas will likely lead in scoring
Hudson: Ganaway, Burdette
Cuyahoga Falls: Tepus
Nordonia: Jones
NoRo: Abuhamdeh, Garland
Stow: Horn
Twinsburg: McElrath
Wadsworth: Tough to say, they graduated a lot, and have a very good young group

2018-2019 Suburban League National Standings:

Code:
Brecksville-Broadview Heights 17-5    11-3    58.7    49.7
Twinsburg                     16-6    10-4    59.2    51.3
North Royalton                16-6    9-5    57.1    52.8
Stow-Munroe Falls            11-11    8-6    53.0    51.4
Hudson                        14-8    7-7    57.4    48.7
Wadsworth                     9-12    6-8    49.5    52.3
Nordonia                     10-11    5-9    56.8    59.2
Cuyahoga Falls                2-20   0-14    47.0    61.0

Does anybody know anything about the new Falls coach besides that he was at the end of the bench for Green? Coming from a great program, I would think he could have learned something?

SLA - players and teams to watch
Revere & Copley will be strong again

All Conf Players
Campbell - Copley
Drenth - Revere
Heigelmann - Tallmadge (Also NE Ohio Inland Team)
Profitt - Highland (Also NE Ohio Inland Team)

Guard from Barberton will be a junior this year, believe he was all suburban too.
Cant remember his name.

I'm thinking about putting together a pick'em for the Suburban League. How many people would be interested?

The games would involve both the SLA and SLN.

I know it is still the offseason but I had hoped there would be a little interest in this. Tryouts start soon and the regular season will follow quickly.

In the National, I could see any of Brecksville, Hudson, NoRo, Stow, or Twinsburg taking it.

Best players up there should be:
Brecksville: Well rounded attack, but Barth and Labas will likely lead in scoring
Hudson: Ganaway, Burdette
Cuyahoga Falls: Tepus
Nordonia: Jones
NoRo: Abuhamdeh, Garland
Stow: Horn
Twinsburg: McElrath
Wadsworth: Tough to say, they graduated a lot, and have a very good young group
I really think that Jack Burdett from Hudson is the best player on this side. He's a 4 year starter with tons of experience; saw him recently- looks to be 6'7 220 or so and I really see him just owning this league this year. I know that he's been instrumental to Hudsons success and I expect him to really have a strong senior season. Haven't heard where he'll be playing in college, but I've heard that he's smart and has options

I really think that Jack Burdett from Hudson is the best player on this side. He's a 4 year starter with tons of experience; saw him recently- looks to be 6'7 220 or so and I really see him just owning this league this year. I know that he's been instrumental to Hudsons success and I expect him to really have a strong senior season. Haven't heard where he'll be playing in college, but I've heard that he's smart and has options
He's an excellent player, but Abuhamdeh at NoRo should be the best player in the league. He's an incredible PG, and has been running that team since game 1 of his freshman season.

I think you have it backwards. It doesn't pickup until the football season ends. In fact, it gradually grows and hits it's peak in late February and early March.

I mean I understand there is more basketball talk during the season but just the entire site in general is dead during hoops season.

Spread the word. We have plenty of space for people to visit the site during the non-football months.

Right now, wrestling is our clear #2 sport on this site. Boys basketball has a ton of potential but it hasn't lived up to expectations.

So tell me about the Freshmen players at Copley that were on Bronny's AAU team. Any good? Will they start Varsity this year?

Any notable news coming out of tryouts and preseason practices? Any new players? Players deciding not to play?

Since Aurora is the only team left in the football playoffs, I was hoping that the Suburban League thread would pick up.

I combined these threads this year because that has been a request the last couple of years. It's time to show that there is interest in SL basketball.

Join the Suburban League Pick'em by going to this link and click the "Join Pool" button.

This will have all the games for contests between SL teams. That includes cross-divisional games between the American and National. Week 1 games are up and ready to be picked. Please let others know about this pick'em because it should add some excitement to the league this year.

Tallmadge preview:

They have their alpha male.

Now the Blue Devils’ task is to get him as much help as possible.

The Tallmadge boys basketball team will have a much different look this season after reaching the Canton Division II district title game last winter.

The Blue Devils finished 13-13 overall after losing to Akron Buchtel in the district final. The Griffins wound up reaching the Final Four. Tallmadge, which started its season 4-8, also finished 6-6 in the Suburban League American Conference.

Stow preview:

He has been blessed to have some skyscrapers in recent years.

This season, on the other hand, Dave Close will be able to look at his players eye to eye.

That’s OK for the longtime Stow-Munroe Falls head boys basketball coach, though. For him, change is good.

“The cool thing is that it’s different every year,” Close said. “There’s different kids with different skill sets. That’s what keeps it fresh.”

Anyone know how much Stow has coming back? Heading there on Wednesday for Green's season opener. Is Bainbridge still there? Are Stow supporters expecting a big year?

Aurora preview:

High-scoring duo to lead Aurora boys basketball this winter
Tempo, tempo and more tempo.

Once again, the Aurora boys basketball team will continue the trend of improving each season as well getting up and down the court in a hurry.

Third-year head coach T.J. Henderson had some graduates from last season’s squad. However, the Greenmen feature a fast-paced offense and 3-point shooting.

Anyone know how much Stow has coming back? Heading there on Wednesday for Green's season opener. Is Bainbridge still there? Are Stow supporters expecting a big year?
Bainbridge is at Kent State. Stow's preview said this:

Key Graduates: Evan Bainbridge, Brian Cartwright, and Michael Young
Returning Starter: Point guard Cale Marconi (JR)
Returning Players: Guard Jack Costa (JR) and Guard/forward Owen Bainbridge (SO)
New to Varsity: Forward Carter Kline (SR), Guard Jack Bryden (JR), Center Van Shyjka (SO), Guard Connor Dunlap (SO)
Return from injury: Desmond Copeland (SO)
Freshmen dressing varsity: Guard Nick Timberlake and Forward AJ Pestello (6'4")
Transfers: Point guard Deon Horn (Cuyahoga Falls Starter) and Marvin Campbell (Hoban)