Suburban league 2022

Tallmadge 20, Barberton 14
Highland 63, Copley 0
Aurora 42, Revere 7
Kent Roosevelt 40, Cuyahoga Falls 0

VASJ beat Wooster 41-7. Kenston wins, Tallmadge wins, New Philly wins. Tallmadge would have been #15 seed with a loss. You can't go with Fantastic50.net always

Tallmadge finishes #6 in Region 9.

Aurora can finish 10th, 11th, or 12th. An 11th finish sets up a rematch.

Aurora finish is determined by:

VASJ (jumps Aurora with a Collinwood or Cleveland Central Catholic Win)
10/21 Collinwood (1-6) vs John Adams (2-5)
10/22 Cleveland Central Catholic (0-9) vs Warrensville Heights Football (0-9)

Alliance (jumps Aurora with a Salem win)
10/22 Salem (6-3) at West Branch (8-1)

Salem is likely to lose, and most likely Alliance finishes behind Aurora.

IMO, it comes down to VASJ's two games. Both are basically pickems. If either wins, VASJ jumps Aurora.

It looks like Collinwood already played today but the Senate League scores are notoriously difficult to find on game night.

Congrats on a great regular season. Nice win by Tallmadge. Highland quietly takes the American and will head into region 6 with a chip on their shoulder. They have the best defense I have ever seen and will be in any game they play because of it. I expect Tallmadge and Barberton to make a ton of noise in the playoffs. Best of luck!! The season is now starting!

Looks like Barberton and Garfield Heights though that is not finalized. I think there is a game to be played today that will determine L2's for Garfield Heights. So that Game, Cleveland Central Catholic vs. Warrensville Heights, two 0-9teams, will determine if The Magics get a home game or will travel

Congratulations to Highland on winning the SLA Championship! Since the SL reconfiguration in 2015, Highland has put one good team after another on the field without claiming the top spot. Well earned, well deserved and a long time coming. Congrats Hornets!

First time since 2016 Barberton lost more than one league game in a season.

Copley gave up 483 points and still qualified for the playoffs!

Good luck to Highland, Tallmadge, Aurora, Barberton and Copley next week!

Looks like Barberton and Garfield Heights though that is not finalized. I think there is a game to be played today that will determine L2's for Garfield Heights. So that Game, Cleveland Central Catholic vs. Warrensville Heights, two 0-9teams, will determine if The Magics get a home

Looks like Barberton and Garfield Heights though that is not finalized. I think there is a game to be played today that will determine L2's for Garfield Heights. So that Game, Cleveland Central Catholic vs. Warrensville Heights, two 0-9teams, will determine if The Magics get a home game or will travel
Barberton by 24 home or away.

DII Region 5
#9 Rhodes at #8 Barberton

DII Region 6
#15 Oregon Clay at #2 Highland

DIII Region 9
#11 VASJ at #6 Tallmadge
#10 Aurora at #7 CVCA

DIII Region 10
#16 Copley at #1 Holy Name

4-1 with only Copley getting beat
Top 4 in SL-A are very good programs. What do you think about having more cross-over games with SL-N like the old NOC? Tallmadge manhandled Brecksville and Highland massacred NoRo 41-0 (though the prior 4 were less than 1 score games). Taking on Hudson might be a tall task, but besides them, there's a lot of parity. I'd like to see NoRo schedule Barberton or Tallmadge.....Aurora seems like to big of a hike.

Top 4 in SL-A are very good programs. What do you think about having more cross-over games with SL-N like the old NOC? Tallmadge manhandled Brecksville and Highland massacred NoRo 41-0 (though the prior 4 were less than 1 score games). Taking on Hudson might be a tall task, but besides them, there's a lot of parity. I'd like to see NoRo schedule Barberton or Tallmadge.....Aurora seems like to big of a hike.
Barberton has played Stow the last four years and resigned with them for two more. Also played Wadsworth this season and next

I think it would be great. Those should be the non conference games. Aurora plays rival Twinsburg every year

I think it would be great. Those should be the non conference games. Aurora plays rival Twinsburg every year
Only problem with my thinking, I just realized, is the entry of Solon to the SL-N sometime soon which takes the SL-N back to 3 OOC games. This year, NoRo had 6 SL-N games and 4 OOC games.

Neighboring Highland of the SL-A has been a home-and-away series for NoRo for as long as I can remember. Nice rivalry usually with close games except this year. Ouch! I

I like our new OOC opponent Padua, disappointing 5-5 this year, but very close by and usually a much better team. Plus, other than Parma and Seven Hills, NoRo is probably the biggest provider of Padua students, so a natural rival for the kids. Beyond that, though, seems like another SL-A opponent would be better than Westlake and Akron East who, I assume, were last minute thoughts when the SL-N dropped from 8 to 7 teams. Might not be enough room in the schedules to add another SL-A opponent after Highland for us.

Congratulations to Highland on winning the SLA Championship! Since the SL reconfiguration in 2015, Highland has put one good team after another on the field without claiming the top spot. Well earned, well deserved and a long time coming. Congrats Hornets!

First time since 2016 Barberton lost more than one league game in a season.

Copley gave up 483 points and still qualified for the playoffs!

Good luck to Highland, Tallmadge, Aurora, Barberton and Copley next week!
class act frecriss! season starts this week!

DII Region 5
#9 Rhodes at #8 Barberton - Barberton by 21

DII Region 6
#15 Oregon Clay at #2 Highland - Highland by 35

DIII Region 9
#11 VASJ at #6 Tallmadge - Tallmadge by 1
#10 Aurora at #7 CVCA - Aurora by 14

DIII Region 10
#16 Copley at #1 Holy Name - Holy Name by 21

Why only do half the league?
D1 Region 1
#1 STED over #16 Stow 56-0