Suburban American 2021 - Breakdown

AuroraGmen

Which teams will compete for the title? Which teams will struggle? Cuyahoga Falls comes over from the National Division to make 8 American teams.

Tallmadge should be improved. They return almost every skill player on offense. Their passing attack should be the best in the league with a 3rd year starting QB and several talented WRs. Running back looks to be very solid with a couple of complimentary backs.

Defense and line are the bigger questions. Might be some Freshmen getting some Varsity time next year from a group that has dominated the SL in middle school.

Barberton returns 17 starters from last years team that played the season against, predominantly, the National Division. Won two playoff games.

Sounds like Barberton may be very good this year. I believe Aurora loses 7 total starters. Greenmen need to improve at the line of scrimmage. Last year's team was not physically up to Aurora standards. The QB becomes a 3 year starter. If the Oline gives him some time he can have a big Senior year. Most of his recievers return and a couple of them have really good speed. I think next season's Juniors will be a good compliment to the Senior Class and help bring back the Aurora toughness that was lacking last season.

Sounds like Barberton may be very good this year. I believe Aurora loses 7 total starters. Greenmen need to improve at the line of scrimmage. Last year's team was not physically up to Aurora standards. The QB becomes a 3 year starter. If the Oline gives him some time he can have a big Senior year. Most of his recievers return and a couple of them have really good speed. I think next season's Juniors will be a good compliment to the Senior Class and help bring back the Aurora toughness that was lacking last season.
I think it comes down to Aurora and Barberton. Highland looks to be good also

The Suburban League American wasn't particularly strong last year. Copley was undefeated in the league and lost in the first round. I would be interested to see what they return next year. Cuyahoga Falls joining the league looks like a good move for them to get away from the big schools of the National but they will likely struggle again next year until they can put together a couple solid classes.

What does Highland have? Kent seems to be improving? I think Revere lost quite a bit?

Need some discussion on these teams....my early projection:

Aurora/Barberton
Highland
Kent Roosevelt/Copley
Revere/Tallmadge
Cuyahoga Falls

Need some discussion on these teams....my early projection:

Aurora/Barberton
Highland
Kent Roosevelt/Copley
Revere/Tallmadge
Cuyahoga Falls
It would be great to get 4 teams into the playoffs this season. No idea what Highland has but just have sense they will be hard to beat this year.

Tallmadge has some real speed at the skill positions and a QB with a strong arm. I saw them Week 1 last year and know they improved a lot by the end of the year. I'd expect them to put up a lot of points, but probably give up a lot of points too. Wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs in D3.

I Hope Falls finds a way to win a few league games this year. That program hasn't had a lot to cheer for in a long time.

Aurora is likely 2021 winner. But, if the Barberton kids are training their tails off and growing in strength and weight I think the Magics will take it because they are highly skilled but small and not strong enough to be physical, if that's corrected for sure the Magics.

Aurora is likely 2021 winner. But, if the Barberton kids are training their tails off and growing in strength and weight I think the Magics will take it because they are highly skilled but small and not strong enough to be physical, if that's corrected for sure the Magics.

Barberton has four starters back on the O-Line. They average 6'1 and 289 pounds. And they have several reserves who are over 6' and in the 280-300 pound range.

One of them has many D1 offers and will get more. The others will likely go D2

Last edited by a moderator:
Barberton has four starters back on the O-Line. They average 6'1 and 289 pounds. And they have several reserves who are over 6' and in the 280-300 pound range.

Where get any new kids who are the running back

Who the running back