STVM vs Woodridge

Would like to say it is going to be a really good game...but likely not. St v, too fast, too strong and too many weapons.

The Irish need to stay the course and take one game at a time. They can not take anyone lightly. Woodridge will be looking to make a statement and will be pumped Friday night, as will their fans as well. Lots of Harbins riding on this game. Hope both teams come out of this injury free.

On a side note, any tailgating suggestions for the visitors?

The Irish need to stay the course and take one game at a time. They can not take anyone lightly. Woodridge will be looking to make a statement and will be pumped Friday night, as will their fans as well. Lots of Harbins riding on this game. Hope both teams come out of this injury free.

On a side note, any tailgating suggestions for the visitors?

I don't know about tailgating, but the concert at Blossom is soldout. The refs have been told to arrive an hour early because of traffic concerns. I might be at this game. Without traffic issues it is just a 15 minute drive for me. Should I bring some wings from Dante's?!?

With the concert at blossom it could take 30-45 minutes to get from rt.8 steels corners exit to woodridge (a typical 5 minute drive) I would advise trying to take back roads that avoid any traffic in the same direction as blossom.

St. V needs to win this game for computer points. Hoban, Marion Harding, Barberton, and Purcell Marion are not going to help them with computer points. All 4 teams might have a combined 6 wins if they are lucky. Beating Walsh was critical to secure a region 9 playoff spot. St. V needs all the L2 points they can get.

A loss for Woodridge is not as bad as you think:

-They will be very battle tested for Mogadore, and Southeast. Those two wins after a loss to STVM will hopefully secure a top 4 playoff spot and a home game for Woodridge. After STVM, Southeast will be the toughest team they face.

St V 42
Woodridge 14

And Mogadore a D6 along with Windham and E. Canton, Waterloo and Rtown D 5 will provide little points, this is why I keep saying the PTC County needs to disband and Woody, Crestwood, Sboro, SE, Field, Norton, Coventry and Springfield or Ravenna form a new league with D 3 schools.....HELLOOOO....

As much as I have been reading about this game on here the last few months, this is Woodridges game of the year/Super Bowl, what they have spent all summer looking forward to.

Frankly, this is SVSM's bye week on the schedule. Line up a soft team compared to what they normally see, get some computer points and rest up. If this is a motivated SVSM team, a 4-5 touchdown advantage easy. If they are disinterested and looking ahead, a 2 maybe 3 touchdown advantage. This week will be a reality check for the Bulldogs.

And Mogadore a D6 along with Windham and E. Canton, Waterloo and Rtown D 5 will provide little points, this is why I keep saying the PTC County needs to disband and Woody, Crestwood, Sboro, SE, Field, Norton, Coventry and Springfield or Ravenna form a new league with D 3 schools.....HELLOOOO....

Mogadore may not provide many first level points, but will provide a ton of second level points if Woodridge can beat them and Mogadore goes 9-1 or 8-2 on the season.

STVM top Offense in Summit County with 94 Points, Woodridge is 2nd with 93 Points. Irish Defense number one allowing 10 Points, Woodridge 35 points to Manchester. Opponets: Cinn Purcell Marian and Walsh Jesuit vs CVCA and Manchester. Will this game be a sellout???

St V will beat Woodridge by as many points as they would like. It will be a matter of how St V feels that night.

By the way, if you want to miss the traffic, do not get off at Steels Corners Road, go to the Rt. 303 exit, turn left back under the highway. Then turn left on old Rt 8. This will bring you in the back way to Woodridge.

Is anybody giving Woodridge a chance? A blowout alert has been issued for northwestern Cuyahoga Falls Friday night.

Last edited:
Don't forget the new Seasons Road exit to get around the Steels Corners mess.

Woodridge deserves some kudos for how they continue to develop that program. The only way to grow it is to play better programs. That being said, SVSM 42-14.

Woodridge gave up 35 points to Manchester, and could've very easily lost to Manchester. My guess is that Manchester and SVSM are not in the same class this year, that SVSM is probably better. This one could be over by halftime.

Not to start another thread on the topic but of course StV should beat up a team made up of Peninsula kids? Are you kidding? Hopefully they talk no trash before or after with two teams made up completely differently.

Not to start another thread on the topic but of course StV should beat up a team made up of Peninsula kids? Are you kidding? Hopefully they talk no trash before or after with two teams made up completely differently.

So whats wrong with Peninsula kids? :)

You are so off base with this comment. I'm not saying woodridge will win but your perception of woodridge is so off. Everyone still thinks of woodridge as little podunk peninsula, but the demographics have changed drastically over the past 10-15 years.There is probably only a handful of kids from peninsula on the team. The majority of players (and students) at woodridge are from Cuyahoga falls and Akron. Fresh Bickley went to woodridge middle school, is he a "peninsula kid"?

So whats wrong with Peninsula kids? :)

Nothing at all. But they are a small school thats just now turning around their football program. They play the likes of Streetsboro, Southeast, Crestwood, Field, Norton, etc. all schools they should be playing. Should they expect to compete year in and year out with a 4 county all star team?

Woodridge will only score once

While St V will hang at least 42 on them...

Bring popcorn to this game, because it will be a circus...

Nothing at all. But they are a small school thats just now turning around their football program. They play the likes of Streetsboro, Southeast, Crestwood, Field, Norton, etc. all schools they should be playing. Should they expect to compete year in and year out with a 4 county all star team?

Well then, why don't Green man up and schedule StV? :thumb:
First off, this is a huge Harbin Points game for both sides. Both teams will win their share of games this year so from an Administrative side, its an excellent choice. Second off, Woodridge has turned its program around and compete yearly in their perspective Conference. Its not their fault the rest of the teams struggle(except for Mogadore of course). I give them credit for stepping up to the challenge, just like St VM will be doing again, taking on Mooney, then Massilon and Ursuline later in the season.

Can't fault the dogs for trying to upgrade the schedule. I'd like to see more consistency over the years before this type of upgrade though.