STVM vs. Cleveland Heights

Irish60

The Irish came out of the match up with Hoban relatively healthy and brimming with confidence. I don't know much about Cleveland Heights other than they have a sterling record and one of the best players in the State. As far as playoff implications, I'm thinking the game is more impactful to STVM's post-season than it is to Cleveland Heights. But Heights seems to be getting some undue criticism due to its schedule, so this could be a big "show me" game for them. So, it is a big game for both teams. Thoughts?

Tigers are led by Senior Quarterback Darreon Fair who is electric in Heights mis direction offense also in the backfield is sophomore running back transfer from Glenville Marquis Davis Tigers have speed and are big up front,and have many weapons.Cleveland Heights head coach Mac Stephens said. I have said it from the beginning of the season, you have to pick your poison when you play against us. If you focus on stopping our quarterback, our fullback is going to gain yards and we have Marquis Davis and John Gordon, our two backs that can break a long one at any given moment.” The team who makes the least penalties and mistakes and capitalizes the most on what they do best should win this game.

Tigers are led by Senior Quarterback Darreon Fair who is electric in Heights mis direction offense also in the backfield is sophomore running back transfer from Glenville Marquis Davis Tigers have speed and are big up front,and have many weapons.Cleveland Heights head coach Mac Stephens said. I have said it from the beginning of the season, you have to pick your poison when you play against us. If you focus on stopping our quarterback, our fullback is going to gain yards and we have Marquis Davis and John Gordon, our two backs that can break a long one at any given moment.” The team who makes the least penalties and mistakes and capitalizes the most on what they do best should win this game.
FYI, the qb from Ursuline that started vs VASJ is as good, especially running, not sure he started vs StV?

Two points in reply to this: (1) all due respect to the Heights fullback, but the Irish would be insane to not focus on the QB! If the FB beats you, then tip your hat to them and move on to Walsh! (2) if it comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes, then STVM is in trouble! For whatever reason, they just put the ball on the ground way too many times.

Two points in reply to this: (1) all due respect to the Heights fullback, but the Irish would be insane to not focus on the QB! If the FB beats you, then tip your hat to them and move on to Walsh! (2) if it comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes, then STVM is in trouble! For whatever reason, they just put the ball on the ground way too many times.
Well if you just focus on the quarterback Darreon Fair then you are in trouble #1 running back Marquis Davis, #5 John Gordon and #24 Owen Bisker, there other weapons that Cleveland Heights has.

I believe that STVM gained some respect from a lot of people after the Holy War and making it competitive. But in order for STVM to have a chance against Darreon Fair they have to limit the amount of stupid mistakes. STVM cannot turn over the ball, they cannot shoot themselves in the foot. If they do, Fair and the Tigers will make them pay for it.

STVM's main goal has to be shut down the QB. It should be echoed throughout the locker room that "Fair cannot beat us." If STVM shuts him down and still loses the game, then tip your hat to the Tigers.

The other point that you make is the one I also noticed, the Irish have to limit stupid little mistakes. If STVM continues to be careless with the ball, Cleveland Heights will make them pay.

Well if you just focus on the quarterback Darreon Fair then you are in trouble #1 running back Marquis Davis, #5 John Gordon and #24 Owen Bisker, there other weapons that Cleveland Heights has.

Another thing I notice about Hts, is they mix a lot of spread, and wing t. Don't see a lot of teams doing that successfully. I would think their offense would be hard to prepare for

Heights has a nice team. That speed and that scheme is hard to stop. Real Hard to stop.

Akron StVSM typically a very fast team that I’ve seen through the decades. Probably typically speed wise the fastest year in year out. So I think StVM can win if they play well.
Fair has the kind of talent that overcomes bad snaps, missed blocks etc.
When the QB runs the math typically works for blocking assignments.
If Heights brings their “A”-Game I’ll take Heights say a score like 36-32.
Good Luck to both teams.

Interesting. You think you would like to have him as a weapon at WR. Or is starter out for year?
The starting QB for Ursuline against VASJ was a starting QB for Liberty in 2021. After transferring to Ursuline this year there was a competition between the two for the starting job. After camp they put DC ( Starter against VASJ) at receiver, although DC is the overall more Dangerous threat. If Ursuline keeps DC at QB you will see a team with even more offensive firepower than before.

Back to this game, has Heights ever played a more important regular season game? Not better opponent ( Obviously Mentor when they were in the LEL) but a potential program stamping victory that raises eyebrows. I know they beat Glenville a few years ago, but that was when Glenville was starting to lose some of its mojo. I think that motivation puts Heights over the top. St V/M played a more important game just a few days ago. After playing Hoban can they match the intensity of a fired up Heights team who are tired of beating up on LEL opponents?

Thanks for the detail on Cleveland Heights! This certainly helps introduce the players to Irish fans and gives us an idea of who to watch out for! Hopefully someone with more detailed knowledge of the Irish than I can return the favor and give the Heights fans an introduction of some of the integral players for them to keep an eye on.

Also on the defensive side junior cornerback and safety #9 Ethan Golden who is the son of Emmett Golden Co- Host of The Next Level w/Emmett & Jerod Cherry - Host of Primetime on ESPN Radio.
Ethan is a ball hawk seems to always know where the ball, although he's sort of small in statue he has a big heart, and not afraid to let the ball carrier know he is there. Him and his dad just came back from a visit and left with an offer from University of Miami of Ohio.
Maybe this game will be getting some run on the radio as the week goes on! That would be fun for the kids...

This really should be an exciting one, the lowest amount of points in a game that Heights has put up is 22. Excited to see how the Irish defense try to stop this high powered offense.