STVM Schedule

STVM will play Trotwood at Flyin to the Hoop, January 19, at 3P.M.

STVM will play Trotwood at Flyin to the Hoop, January 19, at 3P.M.

A tough schedule just got tougher! Looks like the Irish are the leader in the clubhouse for the "Toughest Schedule in the State" contest!

With the transfers, what is ST V line up looking like this year. From an outside perspective it has always been fun watching them play. They play at a much more controlled pace than one would think and their coach always has them playing their best at the end of the season.

With the transfers, what is ST V line up looking like this year. From an outside perspective it has always been fun watching them play. They play at a much more controlled pace than one would think and their coach always has them playing their best at the end of the season.
Harris and Pryor will be excellent additions. Coach Dru and the staff will have them playing their best. Some people seem to think Harris will have an issue buying into the team concept; but I doubt that. He knows what is expected of him coming here. The Irish lost Seth Wilson to Solon; which will be a big loss! Other than being an excellent guard, that young man has to be, pound-for-pound, the strongest player in Ohio high school basketball! His strength and leadership will definitely be missed. Beyond all of this, though, the player to watch out for is Branham. He is the next star in the making. With McDay heading off to Ohio University, I would expect him to blossom into an all-State caliber player.

Harris and Pryor will be excellent additions. Coach Dru and the staff will have them playing their best. Some people seem to think Harris will have an issue buying into the team concept; but I doubt that. He knows what is expected of him coming here. The Irish lost Seth Wilson to Solon; which will be a big loss! Other than being an excellent guard, that young man has to be, pound-for-pound, the strongest player in Ohio high school basketball! His strength and leadership will definitely be missed. Beyond all of this, though, the player to watch out for is Branham. He is the next star in the making. With McDay heading off to Ohio University, I would expect him to blossom into an all-State caliber player.
I appreciate the response. I look forward to seeing what they are able to accomplish this year!

Seth Wilson to Lorain, not Solon.

Did you see McDay is a starter for Ohio University? Such a great talent and all around good kid.

SVSM Athletic office put out their schedule today. Noticeably absent is Buchtel. I’d heard their coach wouldn’t play.
Since this is basketball and everyone makes the playoffs, I assume this is a strategic decision rather than a fear of playing them. Personally, I like that decision. It stinks not getting to see them in the regular season but if both teams are serious contenders for the state championship, I'm willing to wait for the matchup.

Since this is basketball and everyone makes the playoffs, I assume this is a strategic decision rather than a fear of playing them. Personally, I like that decision. It stinks not getting to see them in the regular season but if both teams are serious contenders for the state championship, I'm willing to wait for the matchup.
I'm kind of surprised you are taking that position. To me, it always made sense to have as challenging regular season as you can. I haven't seen Buchtel's schedule, but since they are playing in the City Series, I'm guessing there are going to be a couple of games that might not be so challenging! And while everyone presumes there will be a Buchtel v. St. V match up down the road, there are never any guarantees that it will happen. Play them when nothing other than bragging rights are on the line! It would be a great game for the kids, not to mention the fans.

I'm kind of surprised you are taking that position. To me, it always made sense to have as challenging regular season as you can. I haven't seen Buchtel's schedule, but since they are playing in the City Series, I'm guessing there are going to be a couple of games that might not be so challenging! And while everyone presumes there will be a Buchtel v. St. V match up down the road, there are never any guarantees that it will happen. Play them when nothing other than bragging rights are on the line! It would be a great game for the kids, not to mention the fans.
If I'm a HS coach, I'm trying to do everything I can to win that game. If it means hiding something from an opponent, I'm willing to do that. Buchtel has a couple of very exciting seasons upcoming and should be doing everything they can to make them the best that they can be.

While this StV team is a great team, it's just another team for them. They always have state level power. They don't need to do anything different.

Now if you told me that StV chose not to play Buchtel, I would be surprised.

I do know Buchtel is traveling to South Carolina to the Beach Ball Classic and are in several other high profile showcases as St V is as well. Not sure if they couldn’t find a mutual date or just chose not to play this year

I do know Buchtel is traveling to South Carolina to the Beach Ball Classic and are in several other high profile showcases as St V is as well. Not sure if they couldn’t find a mutual date or just chose not to play this year
Buchtel also added Columbus South (D 2 State finalist last year), Andrew Osbourne Academy (They will get to see Moochie Johnson again), ST Ed's and Canton McKinley to this years schedule.

Buchtel also added Columbus South (D 2 State finalist last year), Andrew Osbourne Academy (They will get to see Moochie Johnson again), ST Ed's and Canton McKinley to this years schedule.
I hadn't seen Buchtel's schedule yet. I'm glad to see them stepping up their schedule with those teams. Still, I would have enjoyed seeing the Irish and the Griffs go at it during the regular season. Before it closed down, my favorite games were when STVM played Central Hower. Since then I have always looked forward to the games with Buchtel. Usually competitive and always high energy! Hopefully they'll match up in the playoffs.

If I'm a HS coach, I'm trying to do everything I can to win that game. If it means hiding something from an opponent, I'm willing to do that. Buchtel has a couple of very exciting seasons upcoming and should be doing everything they can to make them the best that they can be.

While this StV team is a great team, it's just another team for them. They always have state level power. They don't need to do anything different.

Now if you told me that StV chose not to play Buchtel, I would be surprised.

I don’t think Coach is trying to hide anything. Rather, from a mental standpoint, he doesn’t want to chance getting beat by the Irish before the playoffs. He wants to keep his players in a positive mindset without the SVSM game. He will skate through his APS games and most likely the rest of the schedule. Just my two cents.