struthers job

You have no idea what you’re talking about.
Right. I’m curious as to whether you think you’ll be more “in” with Bayuk as HC than you were when Kuntz was there. My guess is no, but it’s just a guess. I digress. I asked for some constructive responses and the immaturity of you has shown again. Refuse to answer select questions and make defelcting remarks. People are allowed to have opposing views as you and it doesn’t mean they know less, or are any less of a keyboard warrior as you are.

Right. I’m curious as to whether you think you’ll be more “in” with Bayuk as HC than you were when Kuntz was there. My guess is no, but it’s just a guess. I digress. I asked for some constructive responses and the immaturity of you has shown again. Refuse to answer select questions and make defelcting remarks. People are allowed to have opposing views as you and it doesn’t mean they know less, or are any less of a keyboard warrior as you are.
No. You’re just wrong. As usual. You’re talking out of your .

No. You’re just wrong. As usual. You’re talking out of your .
Wrong as usual?
1.Reardon - right
2.Kuntz to the Dolphins - right
3. Hulea - guess we’ll see!

I’ll admit, I’m not very good at predictions. But I’m HS football who is!? So I guess ya I was wrong with order of NE8 standings.
Once again your comment holds little weight.

Wrong as usual?
1.Reardon - right
2.Kuntz to the Dolphins - right
3. Hulea - guess we’ll see!

I’ll admit, I’m not very good at predictions. But I’m HS football who is!? So I guess ya I was wrong with order of NE8 standings.
Once again your comment holds little weight.
I was literally the only person on here to say reardon to Ursuline lol

everyone has known about Kuntz in Struthers since November. Did the guy at the grocery store tell you?
What’s there to be right about Hulea? That he applied? Congrats. You know something everyone else knows. I would be surprised if he gets a real interview based off of nepotism alone within Struthers schools.

I was literally the only person on here to say reardon to Ursuline lol

everyone has known about Kuntz in Struthers since November. Did the guy at the grocery store tell you?
What’s there to be right about Hulea? That he applied? Congrats. You know something everyone else knows. I would be surprised if he gets a real interview based off of nepotism alone within Struthers schools.
I’m not getting into a p***ing match with you pal. If you don’t like the fact that I said Struthers will have a hard time ignoring Hulea’s resumé, then so be it. I also said that I thought they are still going to hire your boy.

I picture you with gloves on that have the top of the fingers cut out, wearing eye black just waiting at your computer (probably phone) to argue with people about HS for no reason. Just relax a bit. Let your shoulders down and converse in productive conversations instead of literally scoffing at people all the time. It’s ok to be that way I promise.

I will say this, I think of struthers chooses bayuk over Hulea it's a huge mistake. Think Hulea could take you guys to a whole new level

I’m not getting into a p***ing match with you pal. If you don’t like the fact that I said Struthers will have a hard time ignoring Hulea’s resumé, then so be it. I also said that I thought they are still going to hire your boy.

I picture you with gloves on that have the top of the fingers cut out, wearing eye black just waiting at your computer (probably phone) to argue with people about HS for no reason. Just relax a bit. Let your shoulders down and converse in productive conversations instead of literally scoffing at people all the time. It’s ok to be that way I promise.
Bruh you started the pissing match because I laughed at you. You got all up in your feelings. Its alright man. :(

There are 2 main reasons why I think passing on Hulea would be easier than you'd think... but I do think he'll get some interviews if he hasn't already. Just out of respect for him.

1 being the price tag on a coach like Hulea and 2 being the longevity of a coach like Hulea.
Hulea has like 20 years of head coaching experience, has made countless trips to the playoffs, and has won a state championship. Sounds great... but they'd also have to pay him accordingly. Bayuk would be a first year HC... I know that coaches don't do it for the money, but Hulea's contract by rule would have to be a lot bigger than Bayuk's.
And then with Hulea, you don't know if he'll still be around in 5 years. Bayuk can be here for the next 15+ years, as long as he keeps winning.

From the outside looking in, not knowing the applicants or who's interviewed or having any insight to how the process is going... Bayuk would be my choice. He's in the district already, been coaching at Struthers for several years, he's familiar with the boys, and the boys seem to like him. Combine that with what I said above and the possibility of getting his dad to come over from JFK at some point in the next few years... and the job they gave him last year. Bayuk is clearly the front runner for the HC job.

And if he was promised the job after Kuntz... then it's basically a done deal.

The contract for the head coach is the same no matter how many years experience per the union contract...20 some percent of the base salary. Both would cost the same.

Yeah but even if he was promised, contractually doesn’t mean Struthers has to give it to him. The whole Lowellville application from Bayuk is kinda strange if he knew since November Kuntz was leaving.

Yeah but even if he was promised, contractually doesn’t mean Struthers has to give it to him. The whole Lowellville application from Bayuk is kinda strange if he knew since November Kuntz was leaving.
Kuntz was actually on the bridge for a good amount of time about leaving it wasn’t set in stone as earlier as a lot of people think just because the season ended. He was still going to lifting he was still doing off season agenda as usual, bayuk put in for the Lowellville job and took it away himself, theres the main reason he will be there. Being a teacher at struthers also gives him a upper hand as well. Hulea is a better short term option, actually there’s not many in the entire area as good as him if any. Bayuk will get the job soon and all the dust will settle, will bring back most of the same staff maybe add a couple and drop a couple buts that’s about it

The contract for the head coach is the same no matter how many years experience per the union contract...20 some percent of the base salary. Both would cost the same.
That's not necessarily true, some coaching contracts have steps added to that 20 percent but that doesn't change it by much, maybe a couple thousand dollars and that's a big maybe

So disregard my first point then... obviously I was mistaken.
What would the base salary be? How would they determine that? Base teacher's salary for the district? Hulea is retired and Kuntz taught at Howland.

Does every teacher in the district then have the same base salary? And get teacher bonuses as they go. I can't imagine a high school physics teacher who's been there for 25 years is making the same as an elementary school PE teacher who's been there for 2 years.

So hypothetically, if the base teacher's salary is $40,000 and the head coach makes a generous 25% of that... the head coach would make $10,000?

So disregard my first point then... obviously I was mistaken.
What would the base salary be? How would they determine that? Base teacher's salary for the district? Hulea is retired and Kuntz taught at Howland.

Does every teacher in the district then have the same base salary? And get teacher bonuses as they go. I can't imagine a high school physics teacher who's been there for 25 years is making the same as an elementary school PE teacher who's been there for 2 years.

So hypothetically, if the base teacher's salary is $40,000 and the head coach makes a generous 25% of that... the head coach would make $10,000?
That's correct. The base is probably somewhere near 33,000. You can look up the whole contract on the serb website if you wanted. A teacher has steps in the contract that gives the 25 yr teacher more money than the 2nd year teacher. Also there are different steps based on education also. Position actually doesn't matter in pay, it's years of service and education level

That's not necessarily true, some coaching contracts have steps added to that 20 percent but that doesn't change it by much, maybe a couple thousand dollars and that's a big maybe

That's what I thought. A few thousand dollars is still a few thousand dollars.

The steps don't apply to supplemental contract. After so many years of coaching in that district any coach can get a raise based if that's a perk of the contract. Hulea and Bayuk would start at the same salary. When it comes to coaching supplementals it doesn't matter where else you were or for how long. It could for teaching positions. It would be a big mistake to pass on Hulea

Admin couldn't pay Hulea more if they wanted to in terms of a supplemental contract. The union wouldn't allow it. The union will probably grieve a decision that doesn't favor bayuk. He's a teacher and qualified.

The steps don't apply to supplemental contract. After so many years of coaching in that district any coach can get a raise based if that's a perk of the contract. Hulea and Bayuk would start at the same salary. When it comes to coaching supplementals it doesn't matter where else you were or for how long. It could for teaching positions. It would be a big mistake to pass on Hulea
I know some schools give you credit for years of coaching but not all and it's not very much

I'd honestly be happy with either one. I just see Hulea as more of a temporary fix. I think Bayuk has the potential to be here for a long time. It's not a bad problem to have. Struthers will get a really good football coach either way.
All signs just point to Bayuk.

I'd honestly be happy with either one. I just see Hulea as more of a temporary fix. I think Bayuk has the potential to be here for a long time. It's not a bad problem to have. Struthers will get a really good football coach either way.
All signs just point to Bayuk.
When is the job opened until? They need to not drag this out

If John Bayuk name wasn't "Bayuk" he wouldn't even be considered for the job. What has he done? Give up a zillion points as a D coordinator? A lot of more qualified people didn't even apply for the job because this was decided in November. "The Kid" should not be the next coach.

No dog in this fight but i think Hulea would be a open and shut door case in comparing the two. His dad's name is only reason we are having a decision. i would take someone who has experience as a head coach and a winning one at that rather than newbie who has just been a coordinator.

No dog in this fight but i think Hulea would be a open and shut door case in comparing the two. His dad's name is only reason we are having a decision. i would take someone who has experience as a head coach and a winning one at that rather than newbie who has just been a coordinator.
As would I. But understand a few things.
He’s been with the program for several years. Even tho Hulea was here too for a bit.
he teaches here. and a big thing. He is marrying the old mayors daughter.

Since we have alot of us that like to talk down on high school coaches and think you have all the answers, 1. Since u all were water boys and never played anything in your life, you have to act like your important on a high school message board. 2. It easy to hide behind a computer and talk about others.. So Tough... 3. Im sure none of you support struthers football but you sure seem to think you know all about struthers and the gurantees and the coaching staff when all of this is very comical because you are nobodies. Hey Spread, maybe you should go to poland to learn how to run a baseball league to..

Since we have alot of us that like to talk down on high school coaches and think you have all the answers, 1. Since u all were water boys and never played anything in your life, you have to act like your important on a high school message board. 2. It easy to hide behind a computer and talk about others.. So Tough... 3. Im sure none of you support struthers football but you sure seem to think you know all about struthers and the gurantees and the coaching staff when all of this is very comical because you are nobodies. Hey Spread, maybe you should go to poland to learn how to run a baseball league to..

What? I mean I honestly don’t get the last jab.

Cry because some people don’t agree with how bad the coaching staff has been :( went 6-5 with the best senior class Struthers has had in decades.
Try not to assault a teenager like you did at Campbell. Chump.

If John Bayuk name wasn't "Bayuk" he wouldn't even be considered for the job. What has he done? Give up a zillion points as a D coordinator? A lot of more qualified people didn't even apply for the job because this was decided in November. "The Kid" should not be the next coach.
I honestly just hope Pete is keeping his options open. We are both old enough to remember the glory days of Struthers football with his old man. So hopefully, we bring those back. I think the program is right on the top of the hill.. A good hire will push it over. A bad hire will send them back down the hill.