struthers job

I agree. But, if Paul Hulea would be interested? With his experience, he would take Struthers "over-the top" just like he did with your arch-rivals. Perfect fit for both, the school, and for Hulea. I think your school has a clause that hires within if the individual has experience. Is that true?

I agree. But, if Paul Hulea would be interested? With his experience, he would take Struthers "over-the top" just like he did with your arch-rivals. Perfect fit for both, the school, and for Hulea. I think your school has a clause that hires within if the individual has experience. Is that true?
Gets opened up internally first, I love hulea as a coach and that would be a solid choice doubtful it happens tho

The job is Bayuk's. The interesting part is, from what I have heard, that Bayuk Sr will step down from JFK and Hulea will be back to join the staff as a coordinator. Not sure how true that is but if it is, Struthers will have a very good staff.

The job is Bayuk's. The interesting part is, from what I have heard, that Bayuk Sr will step down from JFK and Hulea will be back to join the staff as a coordinator. Not sure how true that is but if it is, Struthers will have a very good staff.
I think you will have to wait 1 year for Bayuk Sr. He has been waiting for this next years senior class and I believe it was going to be his last hurrah before retirement, now semi-retirement. Kennedy has a chance to be as talented as 2016, if not more so and can make a very serious run to send him off, and he knows it.

I think you will have to wait 1 year for Bayuk Sr. He has been waiting for this next years senior class and I believe it was going to be his last hurrah before retirement, now semi-retirement. Kennedy has a chance to be as talented as 2016, if not more so and can make a very serious run to send him off, and he knows it.
Ok.

No problem.

Question...

Is Jeff Bayuk an offensive guy or a defensive guy? To me, he's always been a well rounded head coach type. Sorta both and neither offense or defense. If he were to come to Struthers at some point, what would his role be? Anyone know anything about his coaching roots?
I think he's an offensive line guy... I think I remember reading that when he was at Howland like 9 years ago or whenever that was. But I'm not sure.

I think Hulea is also an offensive line guy... so if Bayuk does come over, I don't know that Hulea would also come. Hulea also seems to have a pretty good group returning at Leetonia, namely the Ferry kid.

Question...

Is Jeff Bayuk an offensive guy or a defensive guy? To me, he's always been a well rounded head coach type. Sorta both and neither offense or defense. If he were to come to Struthers at some point, what would his role be? Anyone know anything about his coaching roots?
I think he's an offensive line guy... I think I remember reading that when he was at Howland like 9 years ago or whenever that was. But I'm not sure.

I think Hulea is also an offensive line guy... so if Bayuk does come over, I don't know that Hulea would also come. Hulea also seems to have a pretty good group returning at Leetonia, namely the Ferry kid.
Offensive guy at his core no matter what he says. A few years ago at Harding as OC he was great. Him and Arnold didn’t agree much tho. If he was at Harding as their HC they would be state title contenders.

Question...

Returning a good group at Leetonia, not many would even care about that, I’ve heard he forgot how much goes into being a head coach and would rather go back to being an assistant. Loves the game but doesn’t love the extras anymore

Returning a good group at Leetonia, not many would even care about that, I’ve heard he forgot how much goes into being a head coach and would rather go back to being an assistant. Loves the game but doesn’t love the extras anymore

That's true. I guess for a young coach with something to prove, returning a good group at Leetonia would mean a lot more. For a veteran coach like Hulea, it's not exactly the same thing. Especially if he doesn't want all the responsibilities of being a head coach anymore. And it's not like the Bayuk situation at JFK either, where he has the pieces in place to make one last run at a state championship before moving on.

Still, Leetonia could have a playoff team this year. When's the last time that happened?
Besides... if Hulea just wanted to go back to assistant coaching, why did he apply for the Fitch job a couple months ago? Wouldn't that job come with more extras than anywhere?

That's true. I guess for a young coach with something to prove, returning a good group at Leetonia would mean a lot more. For a veteran coach like Hulea, it's not exactly the same thing. Especially if he doesn't want all the responsibilities of being a head coach anymore. And it's not like the Bayuk situation at JFK either, where he has the pieces in place to make one last run at a state championship before moving on.

Still, Leetonia could have a playoff team this year. When's the last time that happened?
Besides... if Hulea just wanted to go back to assistant coaching, why did he apply for the Fitch job a couple months ago? Wouldn't that job come with more extras than anywhere?
$$$$

I doubt there is much truth to Bayuk Sr stepping down just to coach with his son. I’d imagine he believes that there will be ample opportunity to do that so he will allow JFK to run its course. I don’t buy they will be better than 2016...I do buy that can make it out of that awful D7 region though with ease and then who knows. I’d also imagine it can be frustrating for experienced head coaches to coach on young head coaches staffs so I bet he rolls with most of the same staff that the previous head coach had.

I doubt there is much truth to Bayuk Sr stepping down just to coach with his son. I’d imagine he believes that there will be ample opportunity to do that so he will allow JFK to run its course. I don’t buy they will be better than 2016...I do buy that can make it out of that awful D7 region though with ease and then who knows. I’d also imagine it can be frustrating for experienced head coaches to coach on young head coaches staffs so I bet he rolls with most of the same staff that the previous head coach had.
if not this year I’m sure next year or the year after, family is more important to a lot of people and helping his son succeed would be better for him then what he brings back at JFK

The winner of that "awful" region has played for 5 of the 7 DVII state championships, winning 1. The rest of the state outside of the MAC must be absolutely putrid then.

if not this year I’m sure next year or the year after, family is more important to a lot of people and helping his son succeed would be better for him then what he brings back at JFK
Knowing Coach Bayuk I actually would be surprised if he took a coordinator role or anything so significant. The last thing he would want is to take any of the spotlight away from his son. He honestly hates fanfare and you know all the stories would be about the "Father and son cosching together". I could see him taking a more subdued role as a consultant, helping out mostly on game days and advising whenever needed.

The winner of that "awful" region has played for 5 of the 7 DVII state championships, winning 1. The rest of the state outside of the MAC must be absolutely putrid then.
Good point...there have been some good winners of that region...still some awful playoff teams make it there and I would list them but surely you can agree with that at least. I saw jfk play last year and I agree with you, they will be good in 2020, but I think it’s anywhere near as good as that 2016 team. Not sure what you see to think that but I do think Bayuk is good. My comment was based on the fact that i don’t think he thinks his son will be a one and done so I don’t know if he would be in a hurry.

Good point...there have been some good winners of that region...still some awful playoff teams make it there and I would list them but surely you can agree with that at least. I saw jfk play last year and I agree with you, they will be good in 2020, but I think it’s anywhere near as good as that 2016 team. Not sure what you see to think that but I do think Bayuk is good. My comment was based on the fact that i don’t think he thinks his son will be a one and done so I don’t know if he would be in a hurry.
John is going to be a really good head coach, I’m sure there was a lot that Kuntz did that he didn’t agree with but he stuck with just defense. I’m thinking pasq will be the offensive coordinator And call plays but bayuk might bring someone else in. Wait and see

Dont want to hijack this thread, but yes there have been some really bad teams that made the playoffs in this region, but that really is pretty much true everywhere. Moreso in the smaller school divisions though. Offensively I think this team can actually be a little mor dynamic than 2016, defense will be the big question. They will be very talented though. I really do think Coach Bayuk will go help young Coach Bayuk. Just not 100% sure how yet. I'll definitely root for Struthers when he does.

John is going to be a really good head coach, I’m sure there was a lot that Kuntz did that he didn’t agree with but he stuck with just defense. I’m thinking pasq will be the offensive coordinator And call plays but bayuk might bring someone else in. Wait and see
Agreed. Has had a front row seat to one of the best in the valley. I do think there is a big difference in being a good assistant and being a good head coach. Some people I’d imagine dont like the pressure or having to deal with all the issues that come up. Program appears to be in good shape...I wonder what he will try and do differently?

The BAYUKS were not happy that's was posted externally after the promise made. Being held over the kids head he needs veterans in his staff, so I can see pops sealing deal