Struthers football 2020 thread

Hopefully these "rumours" are just that.
The schedule is manageable enough as it is.
But without Hall to run the show I think Spread's prediction of 2-8 might be right on.
I'd like to see Bayuk have a nice start as coach of the Wildcats ....... and hopefully stay there for a while. :rolleyes:
It’s not true haha

Hopefully these "rumours" are just that.
The schedule is manageable enough as it is.
But without Hall to run the show I think Spread's prediction of 2-8 might be right on.
I'd like to see Bayuk have a nice start as coach of the Wildcats ....... and hopefully stay there for a while. :rolleyes:
He goes 2-8 with that schedule he’ll be out

With Hall & company:

Probable wins: Lakeside, West Branch, Jefferson
Should be: Crestwood, Lakeview, Girard
Games to worry about: Hubbard, Niles, South Range, Poland

Without him: God only knows

I'm thinking...

Should win... Lakeside, Crestwood, West Branch, Lakeview, Jefferson, Niles.
Will be tough... Hubbard, Girard, South Range, Poland.

He goes 2-8 with that schedule he’ll be out

I agree. But I can't imagine a 2-8 season... even if Hall doesn't play QB.

Don't get me wrong, Hall at QB gives Struthers the best chance to win every week. Just saying... if Hall isn't the QB for some reason, they should win more than 2 games... maybe 5-5.

Girard isn’t going to be good at all, Niles is more of a threat. Under 6 games is a disappointment with or without hall

Curious why you think Girard will be so bad... being honest. Is it because of coaching?

Niles basically loses everyone besides their QB. Girard probably has the most returning in the NE8, if Pearson can figure out how to get the most out of everyone. Unless Niles has a lot coming up, or gets a lot of transfers... I just don't see them being anywhere near as good as last year... and their OOC schedule is pretty rough if it's the same.

Right now, I'd honestly pick Niles to go 3-7... and probably still 3-7 if they played the same OOC schedule as Girard. Girard is probably a 5-5 team. If Girard played Niles's OOC schedule, 4-6.
I don't really expect too much out of either, but I think Girard has the higher floor and a lot more potential.

Curious why you think Girard will be so bad... being honest. Is it because of coaching?

Niles basically loses everyone besides their QB. Girard probably has the most returning in the NE8, if Pearson can figure out how to get the most out of everyone. Unless Niles has a lot coming up, or gets a lot of transfers... I just don't see them being anywhere near as good as last year... and their OOC schedule is pretty rough if it's the same.

Right now, I'd honestly pick Niles to go 3-7... and probably still 3-7 if they played the same OOC schedule as Girard. Girard is probably a 5-5 team. If Girard played Niles's OOC schedule, 4-6.
I don't really expect too much out of either, but I think Girard has the higher floor and a lot more potential.
Girard lost a ton as well, Niles at least has their rb, receiver and Qb.... girard literally lost everything

Niles has the same OOC as last year. Howland, Alliance and East.

Attachments

• Niles McKinley 2020 Football Schedule.jpg
    Niles McKinley 2020 Football Schedule.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 9

Girard lost all of their speed at the skill and their best linemen. The classes coming up are extremely lacking. They won't be good for snother couple yesrs again.

I get it. Girard lost Clardy, Jones, Gump, and Malito. Those guys are irreplaceable.
They do have a lot back... put the other Malito at QB and run a spread zone read offense. Maddox runs hard and Rutherford is a good receiver. Move Delgarbino back to guard... he could probably even play center. Lloyd was good last year, before he got hurt. Defensively, they have Cook and Lloyd on the DL, Maddox and Delgarbino at LB, and Malito and Rutherford in the secondary. That's not a bad core to start with.
I do think that Girard will be in for a long year if they try to put Delgarbino out there at QB again. They could still win 4 or 5 games though, even with Delgarbino at QB. They'd just get hammered in the other 5 games. Whereas with Malito at QV, they'd have a shot at a couple upsets.

Niles loses Mays, Davis, McMillion, Vaskin, and at least 4/5 OL... McGinnis. That's just their offense. They haven't played good defense in almost a decade.
They do have Leonard back at QB. Sudzina is a good 3 way player. When he's healthy, Molnar is a good RB... but he missed like half the season last year. But that's about it on offense. I think they might have a little more back on defense... but that isn't saying much.
I suppose Niles could be alright... but I just don't see it. I think 5-5 would be overachieving... and I'm only expecting 3 or 4 wins.

Ranking the NE8...
1. Poland
2. South Range
3. Hubbard
4. Struthers
5. Girard
6. Niles
7. Lakeview
8. Jefferson

I might have Struthers a little low and South Range a little high. And could flip Girard and Niles. But that's my rankings for now.

I get it. Girard lost Clardy, Jones, Gump, and Malito. Those guys are irreplaceable.
They do have a lot back... put the other Malito at QB and run a spread zone read offense. Maddox runs hard and Rutherford is a good receiver. Move Delgarbino back to guard... he could probably even play center. Lloyd was good last year, before he got hurt. Defensively, they have Cook and Lloyd on the DL, Maddox and Delgarbino at LB, and Malito and Rutherford in the secondary. That's not a bad core to start with.
I do think that Girard will be in for a long year if they try to put Delgarbino out there at QB again. They could still win 4 or 5 games though, even with Delgarbino at QB. They'd just get hammered in the other 5 games. Whereas with Malito at QV, they'd have a shot at a couple upsets.

Niles loses Mays, Davis, McMillion, Vaskin, and at least 4/5 OL... McGinnis. That's just their offense. They haven't played good defense in almost a decade.
They do have Leonard back at QB. Sudzina is a good 3 way player. When he's healthy, Molnar is a good RB... but he missed like half the season last year. But that's about it on offense. I think they might have a little more back on defense... but that isn't saying much.
I suppose Niles could be alright... but I just don't see it. I think 5-5 would be overachieving... and I'm only expecting 3 or 4 wins.
The younger Malito is currently dealing with pretty serious health issues and may not be able to play this year. Don't be surprised if they play the Valley kid at QB. Maddox and Rutherford are bigtime downgrades from Clardy, Jones and Malito. The makeup of this team will go from speed based to plodding, grind it out but I suspect the staff will still try to play the spread. Won't work.

The younger Malito is currently dealing with pretty serious health issues and may not be able to play this year. Don't be surprised if they play the Valley kid at QB. Maddox and Rutherford are bigtime downgrades from Clardy, Jones and Malito. The makeup of this team will go from speed based to plodding, grind it out but I suspect the staff will still try to play the spread. Won't work.

Yeah. If Malito can't play, that throws my theory out the window. I hope he recovers. Health issues suck!

South range lost their best player in their Qb and they also lose some more key players

Right. But Patrone played very well for them in the playoffs after Allegretto got hurt. And they still have Dominguez at RB. They still have Gehring, Blasko, Pancake, and a bunch of underclassmen that had rotational roles last year. They also have another Remish coming up. And Yeagley has been there for 20+ years...
Like most of the teams in the NE8, they'll have to rebuild their lines. And losing Brooks, Delucia, and Toy will really hurt their passing game... especially losing Brooks. Patrone is a good runner... probably better than Allegretto. So maybe they go run heavy this year.

Of course they'll struggle if they can't rebuild their line and no one steps up at WR. But I think they'll be fine.

Right. But Patrone played very well for them in the playoffs after Allegretto got hurt. And they still have Dominguez at RB. They still have Gehring, Blasko, Pancake, and a bunch of underclassmen that had rotational roles last year. They also have another Remish coming up. And Yeagley has been there for 20+ years...
Like most of the teams in the NE8, they'll have to rebuild their lines. And losing Brooks, Delucia, and Toy will really hurt their passing game... especially losing Brooks. Patrone is a good runner... probably better than Allegretto. So maybe they go run heavy this year.

Of course they'll struggle if they can't rebuild their line and no one steps up at WR. But I think they'll be fine.

they got blown out the game after he got hurt didn’t they?

they got blown out the game after he got hurt didn’t they?
If I recall correctly, he got hurt in first quarter of Hubbard. They won that game, then beat Bellaire in first round and lost to eventual State Champ Kirtland in second round. Regardless, they have to replace their lines, so who knows what this fall will hold.

If I recall correctly, he got hurt in first quarter of Hubbard. They won that game, then beat Bellaire in first round and lost to eventual State Champ Kirtland in second round. Regardless, they have to replace their lines, so who knows what this fall will hold.
Yeah you’re right I forgot they even played Bellaire. Regardless what you said is true, but 12 is gonna be hard to replace as well

If they can fill half the shoes of the previous O and D line they will have success. Zach Felleti will have to carry a huge load this year. Hall and Slocum in the backfield should work wonders. Defense is honestly just a mystery, no D line, no secondary besides hall and Marshall. Calabrette at lb. For that I’m excited for the fall.

If they can fill half the shoes of the previous O and D line they will have success. Zach Felleti will have to carry a huge load this year. Hall and Slocum in the backfield should work wonders. Defense is honestly just a mystery, no D line, no secondary besides hall and Marshall. Calabrette at lb. For that I’m excited for the fall.
Gonna be interesting that’s forsure, tons of excitement, I’m curious to see who bayuk scrimmages this season being a first year head coach

I sure hope we have wildcat football this season. Off season was going great by what I saw on the news yesterday. Aiden Hall getting major D 1 looks and also has never ever considered quitting football.