Struthers football 2019

Bubbles and screens lol

Yeah. I can also see them taking a deep shot to Ryan once or twice a game to keep defenses from stacking the box. Defenses need to respect Hall and Ryan as threats in the passing game. And they will need some semblance of a passing game come November.

I agree that it'll be the same offense as 2016, or something very similar... they just may not be so 1 dimensional with it. Maybe take some power stuff from 2016 and some spread stuff from last year. Kuntz said in the video I linked to on the previous page that the offense will be versatile... that sometimes they'll be double tight and play smashmouth and sometimes they'll be empty.
I think one of the reasons they didn't throw much in 2016... other than Shaffer, they didn't really have a whole lot of guys to throw to. The other reason being the OL and the running game was so great. Mus threw for almost twice as many yards in both 2014 and 2015 as he did in 2016... and he didn't exactly light anyone up with his arm those years.
2014 he had Nemeth, Clark, Yemma, Suchora, King. 2015 he had Rushton, Senvesky, Deem, Richards. 2016 was basically just Shaffer and Richards... and Reyes around the goal line. Adams was there, but he was a converted RB coming off of a serious injury the year before... he didn't play at all in 2015... so he mostly played defense... but he did get the ball on jet sweeps here and there.
The OL and running game should be one of the biggest strengths this year, not unlike 2016, but this also might be the best WR group in 20 years. Tomko and Cummings have good hands out of the backfield. And Serrano will probably catch a few touchdowns at TE. I'd put the over/under at 900 yards and 12 touchdowns through the air... and I'd take the over on both.
Mus only threw for like 450 yards and around 10 touchdowns in 2016.

I think the offense will be a little more balanced this year. Like 75%-25% run to pass. 2016 was probably 90% run heavy.

He was at scrimmages last year, receiving core has speed regardless if he’s there or not, some playmakers out there. Some promising freshmen this year as well

He was at scrimmages last year, receiving core has speed regardless if he’s there or not, some playmakers out there. Some promising freshmen this year as well

I know he was at the scrimmages last year. Just didn't know if he was at any 7 on 7s they had. But I was gonna say, and I agree, they'll be fine either way. If he does play, great. If not, that's cool too.

Crew was working on the field well
Into the afternoon on Saturday, first Saturday they have worked on it, that could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

I know he was at the scrimmages last year. Just didn't know if he was at any 7 on 7s they had. But I was gonna say, and I agree, they'll be fine either way. If he does play, great. If not, that's cool too.
I expect him to play. He is getting college looks. Has 1 offer already for football.

Crew was working on the field well
Into the afternoon on Saturday, first Saturday they have worked on it, that could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.
At our passing scrimmage young Coach Bayuk said they are way,way behind. When asked if it was going to be ready for the season he made a face that didn't inspire confidence. On the bright side though it is the same field as Hubbard, which in my opinion is the best in the area.

Nope. Summer basketball
If the kid is not training for football (a Fall Sport) during the Summer season and instead is playing more basketball (a Winter sport), well then he doesn't play for me.

If he can do both and not miss summer football training/lifting than fine I'm all aboard. If he is choosing an "activity" that is more "fun" and less "demanding" well that tells me a lot about the kids character and toughness

At our passing scrimmage young Coach Bayuk said they are way,way behind. When asked if it was going to be ready for the season he made a face that didn't inspire confidence. On the bright side though it is the same field as Hubbard, which in my opinion is the best in the area.
rain killed their progress. And of course they didn’t do much before all the rain came. But they should be fine what I’m hearing.

Nobody has confidence it’ll be done on time because that’s just Struthers lol, we progressed a lot in the last week, it will be done a week before week 1 is my guess. We are just as far along as every other school getting turf.

As far as the other subject regarding other sport players, I don’t like skipping football for a sport that’s not in season, def wouldn’t start for me.

If the kid is not training for football (a Fall Sport) during the Summer season and instead is playing more basketball (a Winter sport), well then he doesn't play for me.

If he can do both and not miss summer football training/lifting than fine I'm all aboard. If he is choosing an "activity" that is more "fun" and less "demanding" well that tells me a lot about the kids character and toughness
I’m not sure what goes through kids heads these days but I’ll leave it at that

Day 1 of 2019 in the books... what's the word on Carson Ryan? If he wasn't out there today, I can't imagine he's playing this year.

Any other noteworthy happenings?

28 days until Lakeside comes to Struthers.
Four more weeks to prepare for hopefully a memorable Struthers season....
........ Go Cats!

I like the end zones black, sticks out more, curious to see if they put Struthers or wildcats in the end zones or both. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Howland scrimmage is home since they have a ways to go for their turf, plus it’ll be nice to play on the turf in a game style scrimmage before lakeside comes to town

I like the end zones black, sticks out more, curious to see if they put Struthers or wildcats in the end zones or both. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Howland scrimmage is home since they have a ways to go for their turf, plus it’ll be nice to play on the turf in a game style scrimmage before lakeside comes to town
Howlands turf won't be ready. We (JFK) were supposed to play there again Valley Christian week 2 but the field isnt going to be done so they moved the game to Liberty.

Got a bunch of kids who think they’re way better than they are. That’s the issue. Oh well.

Isn't that on the coaches? Kids need some lessons in humility...
They do have talent... enough to make a run at the NE8 championship and be a player in the district... egos will kill that real fast though.

Last edited: