Struthers football 2019

Spread All Day

The cats finished the year at 7-3 and missed the playoffs. They had a few bright spots last season though, and 11/17 all conference guys return. The cats should have a successful season.

Right now the Cats have only 9 games. Crestview has backed out on us leaving the cats looking for a week two game. Discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is next year:

Fri Aug 30 Lakeside Home
Fri Sep 6 Open Home ***
Fri Sep 13 West Branch Away
Fri Sep 20 Hubbard Home
Fri Sep 27 Lakeview Away
Fri Oct 4 Jefferson Area Away
Fri Oct 11 Niles McKinley Home
Fri Oct 18 Girard Away
Fri Oct 25 South Range Home
Fri Nov 1 Poland Seminary Away

Crestview bailed in Week Two.
A few decent options: St. Clairsville, Akron East

Would be nice to get a decent replacement for Crestview.

Thoughts?

Yeah idk what Nancy is going to do about week 2. Crestview made a good decision with no seniors returning.

Not a lot of openings. Might be tough.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think that we dropped the week 2 game with you guys so that we could continue our rivalry with South Range. It certainly sucks to have to do that, but from a $ standpoint it was a move that needed to be made. When both teams are good, a Brinks truck is needed for all the $ from the gate lol. Factor in us being an independent the past 2 seasons, and big gates for us have been hard to come by. I hope down the road we can continue the series. It's a good test for us, and we can be a Harbin cow for you guys. But not next year. You guys are going to be MUCH better off playing someone other than us next year I'm afraid. I don't see us being much help in the way of computer points in 2019.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think that we dropped the week 2 game with you guys so that we could continue our rivalry with South Range. It certainly sucks to have to do that, but from a $ standpoint it was a move that needed to be made. When both teams are good, a Brinks truck is needed for all the $ from the gate lol. Factor in us being an independent the past 2 seasons, and big gates for us have been hard to come by. I hope down the road we can continue the series. It's a good test for us, and we can be a Harbin cow for you guys. But not next year. You guys are going to be MUCH better off playing someone other than us next year I'm afraid. I don't see us being much help in the way of computer points in 2019.

Yeah that’s what I heard. They did it for South Range. That’s fine.
Playing opponents that couldn’t win games left the cats out of the playoffs last season. Campbell and Jefferson didn’t win a game. I don’t think Jefferson will win any this year either. So I’m ok with not playing Crestview depending on how many games they win.

Hope the cats get a week 2 game soon

We can only hope Nancy gets her act together and finds a worthy game. Our luck we will have Toledo Scott again

Most likely.

But I thought Kuntz had some say so in who the Cats play.
Or is that a fallacy?

There’s very few options on our part of the state. Most are floating around Div 6.
Can’t believe with the few options on Open Dates we don’t contact StC or Akron East.
The longer we drag our feet, we end up with a bye week.

:wallbang:

But I thought Kuntz had some say so in who the Cats play.
Or is that a fallacy?

There’s very few options on our part of the state. Most are floating around Div 6.
Can’t believe with the few options on Open Dates we don’t contact StC or Akron East.
The longer we drag our feet, we end up with a bye week.

I think he does but. Like in 2016 a cancellation this late limits us. Not a lot of teams with openings.

I get ya Spread and I know it’s not Nancy’s fault that Crestview bailed.
But we gotta fill that slate with something.
Pa, WV, anybody.

Early season, nice weather.
Would be a shame to lose a fifth home game because we sat on our hands.
And the stadium sits dark.

Early projections seem to favor a decent record again.
Perhaps even the playoffs.

Any early projections?

I get ya Spread and I know it’s not Nancy’s fault that Crestview bailed.
But we gotta fill that slate with something.
Pa, WV, anybody.

Early season, nice weather.
Would be a shame to lose a fifth home game because we sat on our hands.
And the stadium sits dark.

Early projections seem to favor a decent record again.
Perhaps even the playoffs.

Any early projections?

Return most of the team. They will be very good. Depending on who the QB is, we are looking anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0. This team has more talent all around than the 2016 team imo. If they don’t make the playoffs it’ll shock me.

Week 2 is still open. Will it be filled before May?

Supposedly there are 'possibilites', but nothing concrete yet.
If not St. Clairsville or Akron East, I believe Nancy may be looking into Western Pa.

Hopefully find and commit prior to May. The longer we wait, the less there will be available.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Supposedly there are 'possibilites', but nothing concrete yet.

If not St. Clairsville or Akron East, I believe Nancy may be looking into Western Pa.

Hopefully find and commit prior to May. The longer we wait, the less there will be available.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What have you heard

What have you heard

You have a PM....... :stirthepot:

Personally would like to see St. Clairsville or a Western Pa team like New Castle, Blackhawk, BF, etc.

Cleveland John Hay is also open week two..... so wouldn't surprised if she gets lazy and picks them. (They are willing to travel)

Any way you look at it, we need a home game to make five home games this year.

:Ohno::Ohno::Ohno:

Personally would like to see St. Clairsville or a Western Pa team like New Castle, Blackhawk, BF, etc.

Cleveland John Hay is also open week two..... so wouldn't surprised if she gets lazy and picks them. (They are willing to travel)

John hay would be a good pickup

John hay would not bring any type of gate to the game, I would have even been okay with a team from
Pa like
Mohawk who they arnt really good but around the same size, and a lot closer then a lot of schools in conference

St Clairsville or East is the way to go. Both will probably give you an L but at least it is early in the season and you can see what kind of team you really have, make some adjustments and make a run for the playoffs.

You don't want any part of New Castle Hurricanes

Yeah,
the Cats couldn't possibly hang with the Canes.

This is what I saw:

2018- Overall 5-6 Conference 3-4 National Rank 5730State (PA) Rank 222
2017- Overall 7-4 Conference 6-2 National Rank 3907State (PA) Rank 155
2016- Overall 8-5 Conference 5-2 National Rank 2202State (PA) Rank 86
2015- Overall 5-5 Conference 4-4 National Rank 5017State (PA) Rank 208
2014- Overall 4-6 Conference 4-4 National Rank 6007State (PA) Rank 242
2013- 7-3
2012- 4-5
2011- 5-4
2010- Overall 5-4 Conference 3-4 National Rank 2721State (PA) Rank 115
2009- Overall 8-3 Conference 4-2 National Rank 1921State (PA) Rank 85
2008- Overall 8-4 Conference 5-1 National Rank 942State (PA) Rank 41
2007- Overall 6-4 Conference 3-3 National Rank 2987State (PA) Rank 139
2006- Overall 3-6 Conference 1-5 National Rank 5427State (PA) Rank 234
2005- Overall 3-7 Conference 1-5 National Rank 6055State (PA) Rank 261
2004- Overall 2-7 Conference 1-5 National Rank 8868State (PA) Rank 378

Some of the wins these seasons were over "Powerhouses" such as:
Albert Gallatin, Kittaning, Yough, Knoch, Indiana, Highlands and Mars. Oh, and I forgot Mohawk.

The New Castle teams you're thinking of were 50's, 60's, 70's. When they won the WPIAL regularly.
Not so much nowadays.

I think plenty of Ohio teams could keep up with them. Perhaps even lowly Struthers.

Mogadore has an opening week 2 I believe. I dont know if Struthers is up to that test though

Funny...... I mentioned it to Moggie's AD. He thought I was crazy. Had a good laugh.

If we somehow did schedule them and beat them you know there will be plenty of L2 points.
Because they win a boatload of games.

John hay would not bring any type of gate to the game, I would have even been okay with a team from
Pa like
Mohawk who they arnt really good but around the same size, and a lot closer then a lot of schools in conference

I saw Struthers play John Hay in a Regional semifinal in Canton a few years ago.
Mind ya, this was the "Regionals".
And they had a real nice team. Lots of height and athleticism.

They had three students at the game. (THREE)
Their side of the Civic Center was devoid of Hay's fans. Only non-partisan fans sat on their side.

Hay would be okay if we really couldn't get anyone else. Besides, they will travel.
But you get zero points and zero fan support.

I'm sure we can find someone much better than John Hay.

But we know who the AD is.
Wouldn't be surprised..... :wallbang::wallbang::confused:

There’s a couple Canadian schools why not play one of them. You can’t give up a home game no matter what. It also wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t fill the spot and end up with 9 games

Funny...... I mentioned it to Moggie's AD. He thought I was crazy. Had a good laugh.

If we somehow did schedule them and beat them you know there will be plenty of L2 points.
Because they win a boatload of games.

absolutely! the cats aren't no joke, would get a nice test

Isn't Crestview joining the AAC this year? Even without any returning Seniors, they should be able to finish over .500. That Powell kid was a stud last year.
I get why they dropped us though.

Really hoping that spot is filled soon.
Any word on turf yet? Would think if it's happening they'd have a date set to break ground by now.

We can all hope on all above, the city drags its feet too often on things like this, I’m sure there has to be a date for when the project starts at least.