Strongsville cancels opening game

Can't believe the way people panic, and overreact to this virus.

Regardless of if you think this is all an overreaction, these cancellations were all predictable given the current environment. If MLB is suspending games due to positive tests, obviously high schools will as well.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. How soft does someone have to be to be triggered by being asked to wear a mask in public in order to protect others? Even if you think it's overblown, it takes a special kind of a-hole to make such a big deal out of it.
I'm talking about the whole Covid obsession in general. Not just wearing masks or not. BTW that is overblown too

I guess it depends on how you look at it. How soft does someone have to be to be triggered by being asked to wear a mask in public in order to protect others? Even if you think it's overblown, it takes a special kind of a-hole to make such a big deal out of it.
We obviously know that you reside in the soft corner.......

We obviously know that you reside in the soft corner.......

I'm actually more of a realist. What I think or don't think about COVID doesn't really matter. However, I believe we'll all get to do more things sooner if we can all at least pretend we care about somebody other than ourselves. From a realistic perspective, I thought it was unlikely we'd be able to get in a football season right now with the usual August start date AND kids going back to school for the first time since March. Always seemed like too many variables and too much at once. Too many things could go wrong. I advocated for a spring season or even pushing back the start of football well into September. I think you had a much higher chance of actually completing a season. And what I do or do not think in regards to COVID doesn't matter. I'm just reading the cards we've all been given.

We're still not sure any of the professional sports are going to be able to do this and that's with essentially unlimited resources available to them. To think that high school we'd just roll right through with no issues was always a bit myopic.

If that makes me soft, so be it.

Why must every thread having to do with hs football turn into the same people saying the same things? Do any of you really think you are changing any minds?

However, I believe we'll all get to do more things sooner if we can all at least pretend we care about somebody other than ourselves.

This isn’t meant to be snarky in any way, but how does wearing masks, etc contribute to doing more things sooner? If the virus is still out there, how will anything get back to normal?

This is weird. They are cancelling practices through the 27th, but the game is on the 28th. My guess is a player had it a week or so earlier and now it's just coming to light. I thought they had to quarantine for 14 days? Really I'm not sure what sitting out 3 days will do.

This isn’t meant to be snarky in any way, but how does wearing masks, etc contribute to doing more things sooner? If the virus is still out there, how will anything get back to normal?

Unfortunately, the remaining restrictions are in place largely because a certain percentage of people can’t be trusted to follow the guidelines (see bars closing at 10pm). If more people were willing to follow the guidelines, we’d have opened things back up sooner. Instead, we get Cleveland banning tailgating.

This is weird. They are cancelling practices through the 27th, but the game is on the 28th. My guess is a player had it a week or so earlier and now it's just coming to light. I thought they had to quarantine for 14 days? Really I'm not sure what sitting out 3 days will do.

He must have exhibited symptoms on the 13th and was quarantined at that point with the positive test coming back sometime after that.

Unfortunately, the remaining restrictions are in place largely because a certain percentage of people can’t be trusted to follow the guidelines (see bars closing at 10pm). If more people were willing to follow the guidelines, we’d have opened things back up sooner. Instead, we get Cleveland banning tailgating.
Yes us Americans can't be trusted esp. our experts, remember Fauci and his wife at the baseball game, no masks on.

There was another guy right next to him ..

Who was? It seems he was a close friend he is essentially part of his regular circle he interacts with. The photo was also taken while he had lowered his mask to take a drink of water.

Regardless, it’s not like he was swimming up to a pool bar at PIB filled with 500 other people.