Stow- Munroe Falls Head Coach Position

clarkgriswold

The district issued the job posting this morning. Last time they had 100+ applicants. It will be interesting to see who's the next leader of the Stow program.

Potentially a nice gig, how does it pay?

Could be a spot for Walsh's Alexander if he is looking to make some $s and start get back into STRS.

Should get a bunch of good candidates. As for Alexander, I don't think he was initially in a position in the school but eventually came in.

Good job …..big enrollment and quality kids. Coach P is a great guy, was solid Head Coach. Overall satisfactory job,thought he always did right by his players….The right person could really build a quality D1 program. They need to upgrade non-league schedule first if they want to play big boy football in the playoffs…. They need a coach that has had success in good programs that plays great competition….I would be careful in hiring and not jump at a coach that just had a special class or two or won with athletes coming in from other districts.…..Like Alexander and what he has done at Walsh…and I believe that is the type of guy that could do some of the things that Nori did at Stow.Will get a nice pool of applicants for sure.

Good job …..big enrollment and quality kids. Coach P is a great guy, was solid Head Coach. Overall satisfactory job,thought he always did right by his players….The right person could really build a quality D1 program. They need to upgrade non-league schedule first if they want to play big boy football in the playoffs…. They need a coach that has had success in good programs that plays great competition….I would be careful in hiring and not jump at a coach that just had a special class or two or won with athletes coming in from other districts.…..Like Alexander and what he has done at Walsh…and I believe that is the type of guy that could do some of the things that Nori did at Stow.Will get a nice pool of applicants for sure.
I really wish YOU could get the job. I’m sure State Titles would be in the immediate future.

I really wish YOU could get the job. I’m sure State Titles would be in the immediate future.
Well… I have been there before… Maybe I will apply. Remember this is a discussion board and everyone can have their own opinion… Whether we agree or disagree.…Sarcasm not necessary….should NOT Be that personal to you.

May also add Stow could never win A State title in D1…Could never assemble Enough depth overall to beat the privates….. Ed s, Iggy, X are a different animal…..You even saw that this year with an average Iggy team……D2 a possibility. THAT IS MY OPINION FAN20 ……Or disgruntled coach whatever you may be.

May also add Stow could never win A State title in D1…Could never assemble Enough depth overall to beat the privates….. Ed s, Iggy, X are a different animal…..You even saw that this year with an average Iggy team……D2 a possibility. THAT IS MY OPINION FAN20 ……Or disgruntled coach whatever you may be.

I think you might be underselling the future of your program. Stow is on a direct line of development between Cleveland and Akron. It's close to the Valley and though it has its lower economic, it is out of most city problems, something young skilled trade and professionals are looking for if they get priced out of Hudson. You even have a "Clinic." If Stow increases their report card, both Stow and Walsh are going to benefit from that and like the major burbs around Columbus and Cinci, those schools getting that demographic are beginning to compete with the city privates. In Indy and Detroit they are beating them. Stow has the particular advantage of being commuting distance between several hot-beds of talent.

The competition for HC should be interesting.

Again my issue is with people like YOU. YOU have an opinion about 40 teams and act like you have insider info and know the talent. You realize that that average Iggy team got to play a Stow team down 6 Starters. But I’m sure you knew that. Because you used to be a COACH, now you just like to shower the message boards with your vast knowledge.

Again my issue is with people like YOU. YOU have an opinion about 40 teams and act like you have insider info and know the talent. You realize that that average Iggy team got to play a Stow team down 6 Starters. But I’m sure you knew that. Because you used to be a COACH, now you just like to shower the message boards with your vast knowledge.

as he said, they're opinions. about the topics, not about you,not about me, about the topics. Everyone here is sharing opinions. That's a lot to have issues with but if you can juggle it, more power to you. ?

Dan Larlham, while successful at CVCA, will not get an interview at Stow. Probably will have a difficult time being a head coach in the near future.