Steubenville Big Red 2020

Steubenville is 3-0 now with New Philly, Wheeling Park (WV), and Fitch remaining. What are the expectations for the rest of the season and how do they stack up against the rest of D3?

I don’t think that they’re a final 4 team this year, but they’re improved from last year. The Sophomore class has lived up to the hype so far, and I think they have a solid foundation to be a serious contender over the next 2 years. The future is very bright with those guys.

I don’t think that they’re a final 4 team this year, but they’re improved from last year. The Sophomore class has lived up to the hype so far, and I think they have a solid foundation to be a serious contender over the next 2 years. The future is very bright with those guys.
This is the best I’ve seen their secondary play since at least 2017 and they have great depth at RB

If you're going to get Big Red it better be this year. Talent in the upcoming classes is unreal.

You'll need that for a home game against Buffalo St. Joe.

What’s wrong with the 6 game schedule this year???

literally has everything Big Red haters have asked for. More away games, “why don’t you play Mooney?” “Why don’t you play Fitch?”

When was the last time time they were put on the running clock???
The game didn't finish on a running clock but Benedictine put them on the clock in the 2014 state semifinals. About 10:00 of game time from the 3rd qtr. into the early 4th was played under a running clock. Normal timing resumed for the final 11:14, but there was no more scoring by either team.

The last time Big Red was ever shutout was in 2002 against East Liverpool. The final then was 6-0

Last edited:
The game didn't finish on a running clock but Benedictine put them on the clock in the 2014 state semifinals. About 10:00 of game time from the 3rd qtr. into the early 4th was played under a running clock. Normal timing resumed for the final 11:14, but there was no more scoring by either team.
Ummmm yes it was a running clock I was there and it was ugly for big red.

The #1 running back may be back next week but most likely vs Fitch their second & forth RB are sophomores playing both ways and the third RB is also playing both ways and is a senior