Steubenville Big Red 2020

A couple questions....

Will New Philadelphia be axed off future schedules?

Is there concern about losing 3 of last 4 on the Road against Ohio competition?

Thanks in advance!

Also future against new philly is looking good for them being that Big Red’s 7th, 8th, and 9th grade outscored them 118-8 this season
Fun fact: the last 2 years worth of NP kids that won on Friday night vs Big Red, those same kids didn’t win many, if any games vs big red when they were in 7th, 8th, and 9th Grades

I love what the Big Red is, has done, and will do. One of the great experiences I have had is watching the Big Red soundly defeat NP a few years ago in that stadium. However, I can do with a little less hubris from its fan base.

You can choose to be humble or you can be humiliated. Best to choose it.

No he was one of few seniors starting but is his first year of varsity experience because of injuries

First, a tip of the hat to New Philly, Big Red was soundly beat, injuries or not.
In my opinion, the worse lost big red has suffered, since the 2014 team, that had a grey cloud hanging over the season took a injury depleted team to play wheeling park . The sophomore lead core got it handed to them by a solid wheeling park team. Soon after, the naysayer loudly declared the beginning of the end for the big red Football program. Those same sophomores went on to lead the big red to the regional finals and later to back to back state championship appearances followed by a third straight trip and fourth state championship victory.
My message to the naysayers of today, counting big red out this season is premature and their youth will serve them well, they look to be loaded the next few years, and come playoff time things may look a lot different. I would love to meet new philly again.

Game against Wheeling Park is cancelled this week due to their county’s COVID levels being too high and they have a bye now because no game could be scheduled

Football in West Virginia is a complete disaster. Some schools have played three games, and some haven't played at all. The governor is also up for re-election this year. Let's hope he gets the boot.