Steubenville at Louisville

running clock for the Big Red as they prep for the playoffs.

I honestly thought Louisville would be a little more competitive this year.... boy was I wrong.

I still think Kappas is the guy to turn it around though. Just needs support and a chance to bring in some new blood on the staff.

If this game could have been played 7+ years ago it would been talked about a lot. It is sad to think people still have a job after putting this schedule together. Big Red would have to go back to the old AAC days to be faced with a schedule like theses Louisville kids have been getting. If there were no Fed schools on the schedule this game might have made sense.
I would still like to see Warren Harding on your schedule again, seems like a good old rival to restart.

Steubenville will score 49 or something like that. Louisville will score 7. Basically like it's been for Louisville for the last 7 weeks or so it seems. They really need in a league or they will turn into Northwest or even worse Minerva.

Does Louisville stream their home games?
Yes, it will be at this link when it goes live tonight just before 7:00:

Steubenville will score 49 or something like that. Louisville will score 7. Basically like it's been for Louisville for the last 7 weeks or so it seems. They really need in a league or they will turn into Northwest or even worse Minerva.
Louisville is closer to Minerva than Northwest. If they don't do something about the schedule the program will continue to struggle regardless of who coaches. Is deja vu: last 4 years in the fed
1986 1-9
1987 2-8
1988 3-7
1989 3-7.
1990- first year in NBC 7-3 and then took off from there.
The Louisville administration needs to look in the mirror and fix the schedule or they will be be bad on a yearly basis

Last edited:
If this game could have been played 7+ years ago it would been talked about a lot. It is sad to think people still have a job after putting this schedule together. Big Red would have to go back to the old AAC days to be faced with a schedule like theses Louisville kids have been getting. If there were no Fed schools on the schedule this game might have made sense.
I would still like to see Warren Harding on your schedule again, seems like a good old rival to restart.
So....let me get this straight....you're comparing Louisvilles current schedule with what Big Red faced during their time in the old AAC?

Lol.

Just curious. How was Louisvilles freshman team this season?? I saw they lost 46-12 last night to BR frosh.

Yes, it will be at this link when it goes live tonight just before 7:00:

Thank you! I was going to ask the same question.

Did Big Red face the old AAC schedule this year?
Never said they did, however my post was in response to red lep saying....and I quote...."Big Red would have to go back to the old AAC days to be faced with a schedule like these Louisville kids have been getting."

I simply asked if he's comparing

6-3 New Phila
1-8 Zanesville
5-4 Northwest
3-5 Hoover
7-2 Lake
4-5 Perry
6-3 Green
5-4 GlenOak
8-1 South Range
8-1 Steubenville

To a old AAC schedule.

Louisville only had 14 or 15 players. At the half, BR led 46-6. In the 4th, LV scored a late touchdown and conversion to make the final score 46-14.

Here's the YouTube link to TONIGHTS game. - (Stavaggi media)
When did LV become a storied franchise??? Announcer must have had a few before coming to the mic?

Post # 15 is very intriguing as I didn't see Akron Hoban on that list for D II. I also noted Massillon was number one in D II SOS. Could this finally be the Tigers year at long last? I hope it will be.

You missed the main point! When did LV become a storied franchise??
Louisville was loaded and had great records in the 60s and 70s, struggled for a few years in the 80s, went to the NBC and had great teams for a few decades and made some good playoff appearances. They were a "storied" program and hopefully they can get back to that.

Louisville was loaded and had great records in the 60s and 70s, struggled for a few years in the 80s, went to the NBC and had great teams for a few decades and made some good playoff appearances. They were a "storied" program and hopefully they can get back to that.
Go back and listen to the pregame, he did not say storied program, he said franchise! In to 60-70 range there is no comparison to the schedules for BR and the kitties

Go back and listen to the pregame, he did not say storied program, he said franchise! In to 60-70 range there is no comparison to the schedules for BR and the kitties
I don't care. I am not a Louisville or Beg Red fan so I won't go back and listen or criticize a couple of part time announcers for use a certain phrase. I know that Louisville had really good teams in my day, 60s and 70s and really good team during their days in the NBC. I simply answered a question. Obviously Steubenville had an incredible history.

Last edited:
Varsity
Steubenville 41
Louisville 8

Steubenville Big Red at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights (Not from broadcast), Game Story, Full Game Broadcast by Straggat Media, and Game Statistics:

Good Luck to Steubenville in the Playoffs!

Last edited:
Never said they did, however my post was in response to red lep saying....and I quote...."Big Red would have to go back to the old AAC days to be faced with a schedule like these Louisville kids have been getting."

I simply asked if he's comparing

6-3 New Phila
1-8 Zanesville
5-4 Northwest
3-5 Hoover
7-2 Lake
4-5 Perry
6-3 Green
5-4 GlenOak
8-1 South Range
8-1 Steubenville

To an old AAC schedule.
I don’t see why one might think Louisville couldn’t be successful with this schedule. 🤔