Statistics Software

Bruce Monnin

I am looking into new software for keeping stats during high school football games.

I was wondering if anyone has some good suggestions?

I have been using Stat Crew, but it only works on really old computers.

Have you considered down loading an emulator?

search: "emulator windows98 (your system software)"

:>---

SALT

You could try setting up a virtual machine to keep using Stat Crew.

You're still using a DOS-based program in that case.

I prefer StatCrew, but have used DakStats some. It is free to download from https://dakstats.daktronics.com/Pages/Download.aspx. There is some version you can buy, but I'm not sure what that has that the free download does not.

If your school uses Hudl, you could also try live tagging, although there are plays that does not handle well.

I used Digital Scout on an iPad from 2016-2019 and would recommend using it.
This. I have used Digital Scout for years, as well, and love it. And the media loves it, too... live stats and complete play-by-play throughout the game as long as you give them the link.

I used to keep stats by hand with Tucker Grid Stat Scorebook. While it was thorough, it was a pain to get running totals at halftime and at the end of the game, especially with reporters bugging you at every timeout how many passing yards or receptions somebody had, etc. Digital Scout does all that for you, in real-time. And when the game is over, stats are sent to the media in less than 1 minute as all you have to do is include a link in an email.

Here is our last game from this fall: https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/boys/game/12961232

Last edited:
I looked into Digital Scout a few years ago and was not impressed at all. Time to give it another look.
If you have any questions or think it's missing something, please post here or send me a PM. I'd be curious your thoughts. They've fixed a few bugs in the few years I've been using it... they're reasonably responsive on Twitter, and I've made use of that. Haha!

I will say this, though - the app is much more visually appealing on my iPad than on my Android phone. I've always used my iPad for games... I remember trying it on my phone once and was vastly underwhelmed. If you have a tablet, try it on that.

I use a laptop during games. There is no way I would try to do stats on a phone, and even an I-pad is not real appealing to me.

I usually print out the stats for the coaches and media at halftime and after the game, and don't put them on the internet until after I get home. Real time to the Internet to allow the TV, radio and announcers to have the stats live intrigues me.

I use a laptop during games. There is no way I would try to do stats on a phone, and even an I-pad is not real appealing to me.

I usually print out the stats for the coaches and media at halftime and after the game, and don't put them on the internet until after I get home. Real time to the Internet to allow the TV, radio and announcers to have the stats live intrigues me.
If you use MaxPreps, there is an easy Export option so you can import all your stats from a game... all you need to enter are the box score and scoring summary, and it does the rest. Saves me lots of time. Good luck!

StatCrew is the best option IMO. I am going to eventually switch to Genius for Football as the NCAA will mandate schools to use that in the near future. StatCrew works great using a virtual machine. The only problem being the window is smaller than a 32 bit environment. If you are looking to stream stats to the internet in realtime the best option is out of Arizona, or a more reasonable price option is sidearm stats. Both require a yearly upgrade from statcrew to upload XML. If you want to check out the Arizona option go to lasallestats.com. St. Xavier uses sidearm