STATE TOURNEY UPSETS

JED

The ONLY one that matters so far....

UNITED 2
SPRINGFIELD NEW MIDDLETOWN 0 !!

That's what happens when you vote yourself top ten every week for 2 straight years, play NO ONE ALL YEAR LONG FOR TWO YEARS, then play even an average team in the state tourney. Next up for the same scenario....Anna? HILARIOUS.

In the area I normally cover (outside of SWO), there's been very few upsets. In fact in 20 matchups so far, the home team is 19-1-0. There are four matchups tonight.

That seems like an overwhelming record for home teams. I know it's normally a higher seed that hosts, but surely this is a one-off year that it is that drastic of a difference?

If you go back the past 10 years or so, the upsets truly don't start until district finals or later. EVER. I believe there was some idio....nice person... from Toledo last year that tried as hard as he could to claim 'ANYONE CAN BEAT ANYONE IN THE TOURNAMENT' hilarity. Simply NOT true if you look at stats. Thankfully, MOST areas of Ohio are wide freaking open once the 17-0 games are done.

Except
In 2009 unranked MND beat #2 Lakota West 2-1 (West’s first post season game)
In 2012 #27 Seton beat #2 MND 1-0 (first post-season game)

Loved HS soccer....even though we got nowhere??‍♀️
Watching my Cougars now! Go Cougars?

Loveland fell to Oakhills, Alter loses to Oakwood, Seton falls to Milford, Summit goes down to the Hill, St Joe's beat Broadview Hts. .

So seems the upsets can happen....Anytime right Jerry?

Loveland the tournament queens every year went down 1-0 last night to Oak Hills.
Summit also the favorite went down to Indian Hill. Southwest brackets with a little shake up!

I honestly don't think there can be an honest upset in soccer....

It's not like one lucky kick, a lucky bonce cant win a game that ends up being 2-1.

MORE KOOKY UPSETS!!!

Avon Lady 1,
Jedina 0

Twinspuke 2
False Jesuit 1

Alma Mentor 3
Mass Jack 1

Berkshire 4
United 1 (Reminder that United BEAT SNM- MORE proof just how BAD Springfield New poopytown was while voting THEMSELVES in top ten each week- i HATE being right all the time)

Paul Revere 2
Buckeye 1

Kenston 3
Cantfield 0 (Kenston with the fun with audio bump)

and my FAV of the year......

West G 5
Streetsburp 0 (its EXHAUSTING being right all the time!)

NEW JTF SHOW to discuss all of this and FINALLY bring some normalcy to this cray season with the CORRECT PICKS the rest of the year up later today......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wow I just heard from a parent saying an infected covid Milford player, played against Seton in the playoffs ?
The coaches and school all knew about it, sounds like somebody is in some serious Trouble !

Wow I just heard from a parent saying an infected covid Milford player, played against Seton in the playoffs ?
The coaches and school all knew about it, sounds like somebody is in some serious Trouble !
Wrong.
100% incorrect, she was quarantined not positive, Judge gave an injunction because well you don't quarantine healthy people. She has tested negative and is still negative.
You are correct. They fought a quarantine order that was issued on a healthy student and had the order suspended by way of temporary restraining order. The kid at no point was or is sick.

If you are exposed in anyway the school will quarantine for 14 days no exceptions, issued by the Governor?
Sounds like typical unethical practices by school officials and coaches at Milford.
Who wants to take that chance of having a possibly infected kid on the field until time has passed and they know for sure, how many times have the test been wrong? Wow I would suspect OHSAA will step in on this one, OUCH !

If you are exposed in anyway the school will quarantine for 14 days no exceptions, issued by the Governor?
Sounds like typical unethical practices by school officials and coaches at Milford.
Who wants to take that chance of having a possibly infected kid on the field until time has passed and they know for sure, how many times have the test been wrong? Wow I would suspect OHSAA will step in on this one, OUCH !

Except it’s unlawful as confirmed by the judge.

Thankfully it’s not a law, it’s unconstitutional and the judge did the right thing. Can you imagine if one man had the ability to overrule a constitution. No thanks! And yes the positive tests have been wrong multiple times just ask the Governor.

Bucky's back and better than ever! But not a great pot-stirring take here, obviously. Everything was handled professionally, they took it to the courts, and the judge got it right. All reasonable precautions were taken, and there were no corners cut. Unethical is the last word that should be thrown around to describe the Milford coaching staff or this situation.

You ask the question: "Who wants to take that chance of having a possibly infected kid on the field until time has passed and they know for sure?"
Answer: Every single player who is playing competitive sports during this pandemic. Every time they take the field, there is the possibility, perhaps even the probability, that someone playing is infected or has been exposed. This year, that risk is baked into the decision to play, and it's clearly a risk they are all willing to take.

Bucky never left, just been reading all the fun stuff until now.
Yes, everyone is taking a chance by playing sports, but when you have been exposed it is ethical to Quarantine for 14 days regardless if you tested negative or not as we all know the test are inaccurate.
So for coaches, school officials knowing the kid had been exposed to make an exception for the only reason was to Win a game is totally unethical and there should be some serious consequences as far as even Termination. we all take our health seriously and this could of put other folks at risk !
Obviously somebody doesn't care about that.

Bucky never left, just been reading all the fun stuff until now.
Yes, everyone is taking a chance by playing sports, but when you have been exposed it is ethical to Quarantine for 14 days regardless if you tested negative or not as we all know the test are inaccurate.
So for coaches, school officials knowing the kid had been exposed to make an exception for the only reason was to Win a game is totally unethical and there should be some serious consequences as far as even Termination. we all take our health seriously and this could of put other folks at risk !
Obviously somebody doesn't care about that.

That somebody is the founding fathers. Spread is so rare in schools it’s absurd. And the risk is nil. Just follow the law, you’ll be ok.

I am glad to see you are a Doctor and an expert on this pandemic, I am also glad your opinion Doesn't matter !
Because the State has a Health order in place and it needs to be followed with no exceptions.
You look like a complete Fool not taking this serious.
The health of every student and every person is so much more important than any soccer game.
Obviously Lakota West feels the same way as they were not going to play the game if this player showed.

The most disturbing fact here is that Milford High School allowed this to happen and a investigation should take place.
Anyone involved in this cover up should be terminated immediately.

I am glad to see you are a Doctor and an expert on this pandemic, I am also glad your opinion Doesn't matter !
Because the State has a Health order in place and it needs to be followed with no exceptions.
The health of every student and every person is so much more important than any soccer game.
Obviously Lakota West feels the same way as they were not going to play the game if this player showed.

The most disturbing fact here is that Milford High School allowed this to happen and a investigation should take place.

The only opinion that matters is the law. The law says no issue with healthy people doing what they want to do. Makes sense to me. Most disturbing thing is treating healthy kids like they are the problem. That actually makes you the problem. No cover up the law is the law.

Article above is based on DeWine’s announcement on Oct 6th of a study to determine if quarantining students is effective or counterproductive since anecdotal evidence suggests there is no health benefit to quarantines for students that are not infected. I have not heard of an updated on how this study is proceeding. Until this study is complete and policy changes... rules are rules I guess.

That is the problem !
No one knows for sure on any of this pandemic, there is no Vaccine as of today and there are no treatments that work .
Most people might not be affected at all , but no one knows who happens to get it whether they will die or not ! so you choose to possibly allow an infected kid to play in a soccer game that means absolutely Nothing ! Knowing if the kid is infected it could cause someone to lose their LIFE !
This is totally absurd, I sure hope the OHSAA is investigating this to the fullest and I hope this kids grandparents were not at the game.

The kids negative! Was negative, and still is negative.
Remember Bucky daycares were closed till the judge ruled it illegal, amusement parks, hotels, gyms, sports complexes, basketball facilities, Hair salons, all given illegal orders by the governor once a judge ruled they were unconstitutional they did what the wanted to do. Just follow the judges rule Its pretty simple.

The numbers are so low, it is silly. So no Bucky, you are wrong in this matter.

I guess that is why Milford High school shutdown all sports and the school ?
Good going guys, Great job, keep telling yourself this isn't real and is not affecting anyone

I guess that is why Milford High school shutdown all sports and the school ?
Good going guys, Great job, keep telling yourself this isn't real and is not affecting anyone
It is a contest to see who APPEARS to be the most safety conscious. Who CARES the most? It ceased to be about the science or the data a long time ago. No SACRIFICE is too great. If we are wrong, at least we ERRORED on the side of caution. In the meantime all of the lost opportunities just go by like cool breeze on a summer's day.