State tournament will not be at OSU

Going to be real interesting to see how these things are administered. I've seen gyms who are strict with parents only, few others and I've seen gyms half full in some counties. You wonder if a Wright State/ Bowling Green/ Akron some place with a larger venue/ parking would make sense. Even St. John arena would be better than a place like ODU.

with all these restrictions that make no sense no venue wants to deal with the hassle that will come with it ...

I see Regional games in some areas being held at higher seeds home gym ... and the State tournament... anybody's guess..

the boys tournament starts in 3 weeks .. total disaster how our society has fell for a virus with a 96% survival rate and a just about 99% survival rate of people not in the above 80 age bracket

Dayton, I’m hearing is a real possibility for both the boys and girls state tournament. We’ll see.

If there's not a college willing to host (OSU/UD...), would there be any high schools that could handle it?

Off the top of my head in the Dayton Area are Vandalia-Butler and Fairmont. I know Canton Fieldhouse would be a good venue as well.

Costs of broadcasting the games go up exponentially by using different sites for the finals.

Certainly a predicament they are in..... (still)
Hundreds of Ohio high schools are live streaming their own games regularly. The benefits of multiple sites outweigh the costs. IT is already being discussed and very close to decided to be done this way.

If there's not a college willing to host (OSU/UD...), would there be any high schools that could handle it?

Off the top of my head in the Dayton Area are Vandalia-Butler and Fairmont. I know Canton Fieldhouse would be a good venue as well.
Middletown’s brand new facility could handle it

Geographically it is a huge inconvenience to half of the state, but what about Cleveland for the state tournament? The Cavs can currently hold 2,000 fans and are working toward doubling that thanks to all of the precautions and technology that exists.

What's in it for Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse and the Cavs? Maybe not a whole lot except for some good will with the OHSAA and their member schools...for whatever that is worth to them. I know HS teams have been playing there for a while and the partnership between schools/Cavs allows for players and their families to buy discounted tickets to Cavs games. Increasing that partnership would have to be something the Cavs would be interested in.

I love the UD Arena, but what about Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse? The state just granted permit to increase seating to 2720 spectators because of the enhancements that have been put in.

Hamilton, Middletown, Fairmont and Vandalia all have decent venues to host the state title game. In the alternative Nationwide Arena would be a good place to host provided no conflict with CBJ.

I love the UD Arena, but what about Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse? The state just granted permit to increase seating to 2720 spectators because of the enhancements that have been put in.

What's it cost?

Dayton is closer for me than Cleveland. More than likely won't go if it's in Cleveland then unfortunately.

It doesn't even have a dedicated concession stand.
That’s not true there is a concession stand area in the lobby of the entrance in the school they don’t always open it for all games. I am sure for something like this they would have it open.

What's the point of having a huge venue when your max is 300. Is that going to change with numbers going down?

Remember the max being 300 is predicated on 300 being less than or equal to 15 percent of seated capacity. At least per the current health orders in place.

What's the point of having a huge venue when your max is 300. Is that going to change with numbers going down?

Why would they not allow 2,700 in Rocket Mortgage Field House for state championship games when they are allowing that now for Cavs games?

Why would they not allow 2,700 in Rocket Mortgage Field House for state championship games when they are allowing that now for Cavs games?
Because this is the OHSAA and we have a standard to keep.

Honestly I can't think of a reason for them to not allow the full 2700 but I am sure between now and March Dewine can come up with some reason.

Then again: The OHSAA could just go back to The Barn*; which was the site of
the state finals for many, many, many years (the last in 1952).

* State Fairgrounds Coliseum (Columbus) / now known as 'Taft Coliseum'

:>---

SALT

St. Xavier from Cincinnati came up today to play ISA/Andrews Osborne at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse.

If that can be done for this 1 game, surely the OHSAA can hold the 3 NE Ohio regional games and the state tournament at Rocket Mortgage

When will the final decision be made? Also is a package deal that both boys and girls have to be at the same venue?

this is turning into a joke ... a hoax of a panademic going on a year, masks that are required everywhere to show how submissive people will be (yet not worn by players during game), and no fans at games to name few of these jokes..

they will be holding regionals are higher seeded team and the state tournament might as well at a local YMCA

Reactions: y2h
Rocket Mortgage has held a ton of high school games in recent years, usually early afternoon prior to a Cavs nightcap. I've been fortunate enough to help coach in one and it's a great experience for the kids.

Southwest district they should be playing as many games as possible at Vandalia-Butler if lack of cost return causes colleges to bow out. In a worst case this would also probably be about as good as it gets if a high school had to host state tournaments between their location close to the 70/75 interchange and the regular capacity being at or slightly over 5,000. Under the current guidelines you should be able to get at least 750 in at Vandalia-Butler.

St. Xavier from Cincinnati came up today to play ISA/Andrews Osborne at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse.

If that can be done for this 1 game, surely the OHSAA can hold the 3 NE Ohio regional games and the state tournament at Rocket Mortgage

If the price is right and the NBA 2nd half schedule allows for it (I don't believe it's been released yet), they should jump all over it.

really could care less where it is at due to this joke going on... cant shake hands sit on the bench six feet apart .. BUT.... can bang underneath the basket and make contact for 32 minutes... pathetic
I know someone doesn't wear their mask

Vandalia Butler is a top notch facility for a game. favorite place i’ve gone to watch a game. Kettering Fairmonts Trent arena is quite nice as well.

i could see the state semi/finals hosted by Vandalia Butler or Nationwide Arena.