2009- Centerville
2008- St X
2007- UA
2006- UA
2005- Moeller
2004- Oxford Talawanda
2003- Thomas Worthington

4 of 7 Past Columbus District Winners were SWOHSHL Teams

If you really want to get nit-picky, all of those teams were SWOHSHL teams at one point...and if memory serves TW won their district before the CHC ever formed.
This just speaks to the incredible growth of the sport all-around! It's exciting to see this!

Thomas Worthington - 2002-2003 SWOHSHL Champion

Puck Daddy is Correct! Thomas Worthington was the 2002-2003 SWOHSHL Regular Season League Champion with a 16-0 record. They were 30-7 overall that year. In the Troy District (precursor to Columbus District) , they beat an upstart Beavercreek 2-1 to escape a round 2 disaster (bye in first round) district loss. Beat Centerville 6-2. Beat Moeller 4-3 to take District Championship.

2003-2004 the CHC was formed from the Columbus teams and the SWOHSHL remained with teams from Troy, Dayton, and Cincinnati.

so what are the predictions for this weekend?
who will win?

sycamore vs beavercreek
upper arlington vs. Coffman
centerville vs. Jerome
Talawanda vs Moeller

I agree. I think Tally will win it if they think about their goalie selection, and he plays well between the pipes.

Any team can win any game at this point.

Beavercreek in an upset.

Coffman rolls.

Jerome over Centerville in what ends up being the best game of the quarterfinals.

Moeller in a low scoring sleeper.

Get your tickets now for the standing room only all-Dublin final with what'shisname back for Coffman.

Yeah i agree that the Moeller Tally game will be close. But Moeller as a very strong defense, 2 really solid offensive lines, and 2 solid goalies. Tally really isn't as good all around as Moeller, but im sure the game will be a good one. It is gonna be who wants it most in these final games, because any one of these teams can come out on top with a win.

goalies

well at this time of the year its all about goaltending. like in the liberty talawanda game, it should have been 6-5 in ot, not 2-1. but both goalies played great games and as a result kept both teams in it. so i think all the games left will be mostly in their hands, like sycamore beavercreek, mcclure is good enough to shut a team down, and as long as creek can score a goal or two thats it. same with yeakle at talawanda, hes been off and on this year, he played well in some games not so well in games like moeller earlier this year, it'll be interesting to see.

Defense (Goalie) Does Make the Difference

You certainly hate to put it all on the goalie's shoulders, but when a goalie stands on his/her head it makes all the difference. Example: Canada Women win Gold on shut-out by Szabados. She stopped them all, Defense help some, but she was on. American goalie played well, but could not put up the goose egg. Keys to playoff hockey - stay out of the box, stop odd man rushes, pass the puck, put shots on net...

rematch of last years district finals, coffman vs. centerville.

Centerville knocks off Moller again.. 3-1
Coffman beats sycamore 5-4

swohsl vs capital... which is better?lol

triple overtime coffman beats sycamore. centerville beats moeller 3-1. District finals I'm going to take coffman as a sycamore player witnessing their depth and the skill of o'brien and bowdy and rogers goaltending I think the joey breslin show will come to an end

District Finals

After all the upsets...

Brooklyn District Finals-St I (1)/Brecksville-Broadview Hts (10) winner (tonight) vs Parma Padua Franciscan (2)/St Eds winner (3) tomorrow

Columbus Finals-Coffman (2) vs Centerville (9)

Kent Finals-Univ School (1) vs winner of Walsh Jesuit (3)/Gilmour (2) tonight

Sylvania Finals-Findlay (4) vs Sylv Northview (3)

In the Brooklyn District, Padua over St. Ed's tonight 5-1. Brooklyn District finals are Saturday evening, 3/6/2010, at 6:00 P.M. at the Brooklyn Recreation Center. St. Ignatius (1) plays Padua Franciscan (2).

Final in the Brooklyn District, Ignatius over Padua 2-1 in first OT. Exciting game. Ignatius advances to the frozen four! :party: :party: