13. Tallmadge
14. Riverview
15. NDCL
16. Bexley
17. McD Northwest
18. Watterson
19. Sheridan
20. Fair. Park Fairview

I just haven't followed XC this season as closely as I normally do but I'll try to make a few guesses.

DI Boys

1 & 2. St. X or Lakota West - West should run better than they did at regional. It will be close.
3. Hudson - ran a really tight pack at Boardman
Iggys, Davidson, and Kenston will all be up there.
Individual - Nathan Mountain St. X. He'll be pushed by Lake's Nathan Moore and Davidson's Ackley

D1 Girls

This is really hard to pick. There's not a dominant team this season. Centerville, Lakota East, Mason, Perrysburg, and Davidson will all contend for the top 3 spots. I can't make sense out of the Boardman region. Lakota East and Centerville seem like their 1-5 gap is too large. Mason runs a really tight pack but the 1 runner needs to move up a bit. They could be a surprise.
Individual - Spletzer of Lakota East or Duncan of Lebanon

D1 Girls

This is really hard to pick. There's not a dominant team this season. Centerville, Lakota East, Mason, Perrysburg, and Davidson will all contend for the top 3 spots. I can't make sense out of the Boardman region. Lakota East and Centerville seem like their 1-5 gap is too large. Mason runs a really tight pack but the 1 runner needs to move up a bit. They could be a surprise.
Individual - Spletzer of Lakota East or Duncan of Lebanon

I think Davidson has some room for something with Stull. She was a sub 4:50 runner in 2019 as a soph, then had no 2020 track season. She was hurt and missed most of the year and has now returned for the post-season and has been improving a little each week. A 4:50 talent racing into shape could pop something at any time. If she is their #1 or near #1 it could provide a boost that most schools do not have the poetential for. #3 at regional jumping to #1 could be enough in a tight field.

1. Hilliard Davidson
2. St. X.
3. Lakota West
4. Hudson
5. Mason
6. Beavercreek
7. St. Ignatius
8. Kenston
9. Dublin Coffman
10. Mentor
11. Hoover
12. Dublin Jerome
13. Louisville
14. Lancaster
15. Medina
16. Upper Arlington
17. Solon
18. Loveland
19. Perrysburg
20. Bowling Green
(These predictions were generated on an excel spread sheet done by one of the coaches in our high school program. He is much smarter than me).

1. Hilliard Davidson
2. St. X.
3. Lakota West
4. Hudson
5. Mason
6. Beavercreek
7. St. Ignatius
8. Kenston
9. Dublin Coffman
10. Mentor
11. Hoover
12. Dublin Jerome
13. Louisville
14. Lancaster
15. Medina
16. Upper Arlington
17. Solon
18. Loveland
19. Perrysburg
20. Bowling Green
(These predictions were generated on an excel spread sheet done by one of the coaches in our high school program. He is much smarter than me).
Would be interested in knowing the inputs used to generate this list. Not agreeing or disagreeing, just curious.

Mason seems high to me.
They were 4th in their region by 46 points. I believe they were closer to Loveland than a top 5 state team.
Their #1 man broke his femur in the regional xc race. I believe there's a viral feed and video on social media about this. The guy was helped to the finish line by another competitor from another team.
The loss to Beavercreek last week by 46. Why change this week?

The central district looks skewed compared to Hilliard Davidson in the final results. 1st Hilliard to 9th for Dublin.

Toledo area also looks skewed to 19 and 20th. Are they really that bad?

And the largest skew is that the person who made these guesses or assumptions just went back and forth from Northeast Ohio to Central with every other pick.

Last edited:
No. Hilliard Davidson will be in the top 4. That is 100% definite.

Kenston and/or Hudson both look like possibilities for a top 5 finish too. Hudson is intriguing because they have not raced to their potential and have not raced much this year comparative to Kenston. Kenston similar to Lakota West both raced a lot this year. I believe Hudson has the upper hand in cracking the top 4 also.

D2 Boys

1. Unioto
2. Woodridge
3. Bay
4. Waynesville
5. Wauseon
6. Marlington
7. Dayton Carroll
8. Shelby
9. Mariemont
10. West Liberty-Salem
11. Heath
12. Van Wert
13. Tallmadge
14. Riverview
15. NDCL
16. Bexley
17. McD Northwest
18. Watterson
19. Sheridan
20. Fair. Park Fairview
How do you have Unioto winning it?

They can, but I'd like to see the logic.

Mason seems high to me.
They were 4th in their region by 46 points. I believe they were closer to Loveland than a top 5 state team.
Their #1 man broke his femur in the regional xc race. I believe there's a viral feed and video on social media about this. The guy was helped to the finish line by another competitor from another team.

That was a freak occurence. He broke it at the femur head so with a good surgeon, some pinning, and good rehab, he should make a good recovery. I believe he is only a sophomore so he'll be back. The kid from Bellefontaine showed great sportsmanship to help him get across the line even though it dq'd the Mason kid.

I think it will be St. X for the boys and Hilliard Davidson for the girls. Am very interested to see the matchup of Mountain vs. Moore, not going to bother to pick it will just enjoy watching the race on the live stream.

Wow, Woodridge boys ranked 3rd in the coaches poll overcomes and wins Boys D2 for a record 10th boys title. What a heart warming story of a team fighting against the odds. The underdog somehow pulling off the big upset.

Bay went from not being allowed to even participate in the season to 4th at the state meet. Gotta love that! Congrats.

Waynesville going to the 6th man to edge Unioto for second place and a podium spot. Outstanding.( I honestly looked at both after the Regionals and said to myself they are identical teams.) Top teams did not disappoint.

Ryan Champa ran a smart race to take first place.

Then the Girls race was just as good. Hats off to all the D2 teams.

I enjoyed the venue. The excessive number of video boards was nice.

Good day. Hot good day.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the video feed from home on my Roku. I imagine it was just as good as what the fan sitting in the bleachers would've seen but obviously was lacking the chills that run down my spine when the 1st runners come into view to finish and everyone starts cheering to create that wall of sound.

Tons of good racing today.

Kudos to all the kids from Stark County who competed, especially those who gained All-Ohio status - I counted at least 6 in DI boys alone w/ Moore, Zuckett, Ganser, Fichter, N. Johnson, and Rice.

Wow, Woodridge boys ranked 3rd in the coaches poll overcomes and wins Boys D2 for a record 10th boys title. What a heart warming story of a team fighting against the odds. The underdog somehow pulling off the big upset.

Bay went from not being allowed to even participate in the season to 4th at the state meet. Gotta love that! Congrats.

Waynesville going to the 6th man to edge Unioto for second place and a podium spot. Outstanding.( I honestly looked at both after the Regionals and said to myself they are identical teams.) Top teams did not disappoint.

Ryan Champa ran a smart race to take first place.

Then the Girls race was just as good. Hats off to all the D2 teams.

I enjoyed the venue. The excessive number of video boards was nice.

Good day. Hot good day.
Underdog Woodbridge somehow prevails! :rolleyes:
you missed your calling.

Sam Ricchiuti could be the next superstar of Ohio distance running. Only none senior in top ten with a 15:48, quite impressive for a freshman. What are the thought of anyone that has been able to watch him in person.

Sam Ricchiuti could be the next superstar of Ohio distance running. Only none senior in top ten with a 15:48, quite impressive for a freshman. What are the thought of anyone that has been able to watch him in person.

And had his best race of the season when it counted most which I think is a very good sign for a young guy.

Save for a growth spurt, it looked like he had all the tools when I saw him winning the JH state meet last fall that was held on his home course.

Bay was right there through 4 with Unioto and Waynesville. Just a few seconds here and there for each man makes a big difference. Looks like all 3 teams were within a point of each other through 4.