State Dual results?

lang78

Any place to find the state dual results? Also what's the site for the championships on Feb 6th?

D1 is at St. Edward
D2 is at Steubenville
D3 is at Versailles

Play-in matches have been held at various times this season to determine the eight qualifying teams for the quarterfinals.

Any place to find the state dual results? Also what's the site for the championships on Feb 6th?

Here's the results so far (See link below). Not sure how often they update them. All matches are supposed to be completed by 1/23 but not sure if they're going to make exceptions to this due to Covid. For example Clay is shut down until 1/26 and was scheduled to wrestle St. Edward in their District dual on 1/20.

From the Central District last night:

Marysville 39
Lancaster 28

Dublin Coffman 56
Westerville North 16

Some upcoming dates of district semis in D1
1/21: Brecksville vs Mayfield
1/23: Elyria vs Olmsted Falls

As far as the Fairmont district I'm unsure as to when those matches are scheduled (Clay vs Eds- See above)

Still trying to figure out how the Marysville coach made himself number 1 seed over Coffman?? Must’ve not wanted Westerville North ... smh

Yea really, I was wondering the same thing. ?‍♂️

Will they re-seed the teams once they get the eight for each division?

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out how the Marysville coach made himself number 1 seed over Coffman?? Must’ve not wanted Westerville North ... smh

There was no seeding district/regional teams were determined by criteria for last years team which would not include freshman or anyone new to the team or didn't compete in the postseason.

It certainly isn't a perfect system the state association is doing thier best to support keeping this event. The criteria and point values were used in all parts of the state for all divisions.

There was no seeding district/regional teams were determined by criteria for last years team which would not include freshman or anyone new to the team or didn't compete in the postseason.

It certainly isn't a perfect system the state association is doing thier best to support keeping this event. The criteria and point values were used in all parts of the state for all divisions.

.... and ultimately it doesn't make much of a difference much anyway. Results on the mat are the only thing that actually matter.

Good luck Rocks! Keep beating the teams around here bad just like the fellas did last year, regardless of where you are seeded. Marysville remembers last years two duals and Liberty found out last week and WN found out last night.

Stay safe!

Yes. It’s on Aurora’s Facebook page.
I think this is Aurora's first match of the season too. Their district held out all winter sports (or maybe just wrestling) until about now.

Tough to have your first match in the state duals against a team like Louisville.

Just looked on Aurora's athletic department site, I can tell you that basketball didn't play a game until January, so it probably was an across the board thing.

Good luck Rocks! Keep beating the teams around here bad just like the fellas did last year, regardless of where you are seeded. Marysville remembers last years two duals and Liberty found out last week and WN found out last night.

Stay safe!

DC is legit for sure...I got a chance to check out their JH squad last weekend and I'd say they have about 2-3 years left before they come back to earth...However, I haven't gotten a chance to scan the waiver wire for potential pickups, so I could be wrong...

DC is legit for sure...I got a chance to check out their JH squad last weekend and I'd say they have about 2-3 years left before they come back to earth...However, I haven't gotten a chance to scan the waiver wire for potential pickups, so I could be wrong...

Are they going head to head against Liberty in the transfer portal for any big names?

The kids that would make an impact for either team aren’t wrestling for JH teams.

Coffman has 3 years left with Baumann, Ayoub, and Bird - not to mention their other young depth. They also have the coaches’ kids and several other promising youth on the way up. They are starting to build a solid grassroots foundation.

Liberty has 3 years more with Rosselli, two with Russo - not to mention Parks and their other young talent. They have Krysty coming in next year, and possibly Younger, who is another stud. They also always have great depth at the youth level.

Both schools are good academically, and they are helping to raise the bar for wrestling in central Ohio. Should be good match ups for years to come.

The kids that would make an impact for either team aren’t wrestling for JH teams.

Coffman has 3 years left with Baumann, Ayoub, and Bird - not to mention their other young depth. They also have the coaches’ kids and several other promising youth on the way up. They are starting to build a solid grassroots foundation.

Liberty has 3 years more with Rosselli, two with Russo - not to mention Parks and their other young talent. They have Krysty coming in next year, and possibly Younger, who is another stud. They also always have great depth at the youth level.

Both schools are good academically, and they are helping to raise the bar for wrestling in central Ohio. Should be good match ups for years to come.

.......and DC & Liberty have Miron's in their back yard which does not hurt.

It's still hard to figure out why they used the criteria they did to figure out who qualified to wrestle in the State Duals this year. It's a shame Mason wasn't able to compete. They already beat the #1 seeded team in the Fairmont District, LaSalle by 22 earlier this year!
What format would you suggest? Take the top 8 from each district based off the criteria and have the coaches vote on the top 4? Then those top 4 wrestle like it's currently set up?

I think there's ways to improve upon it but in a Covid year options were limited.

Maybe at one site for the district duals it's 1 vs 8 and 4 vs 5 (team that wins that goes to state) at the other site 2 vs 7 and 3 vs 6 (team wins that goes to state). Same criteria used but you just expand it to 8 teams instead of 4 and there's 1 extra round that can be held on the same night as the 1st round. This way there's 32 teams involved per division which goes to 8 for State after 1 night of wrestling.

2 or 3 years is a lot, considering they have been the best this year and the past two years. You guys at Liberty weren't even that good that long with all your transfers and move in's you had back with Brady, Lawson's (2), Greiner, Meade, and Saito. #Quit Hating