State Championships!

soccerboy08

3 hours from kick off!

D1:

Strongsville vs. Olentangy 2-1

Honestly, I have no idea about these two teams so I guess I'm picking by name alone and current record.

D2:
Madison vs. Granville 3-1

I picked an upset last round and it lasted about 15 minutes. Not making that mistake again.

D3:
Cincinnati Country Day vs. Kirtland 4-0

Since D3 came into existence in 2011, the Southwest region has won 8 out of 9 titles I believe. CCD 3-peats with a legit chance to 4-5-6 peat (I know Waynesville and Mariemont will have something to say I hope).

Good luck to all teams! We finished the season!

3 hours from kick off!

D1:

Strongsville vs. Olentangy 2-1

Honestly, I have no idea about these two teams so I guess I'm picking by name alone and current record.

D2:
Madison vs. Granville 3-1

I picked an upset last round and it lasted about 15 minutes. Not making that mistake again.

D3:
Cincinnati Country Day vs. Kirtland 4-0

Since D3 came into existence in 2011, the Southwest region has won 8 out of 9 titles I believe. CCD 3-peats with a legit chance to 4-5-6 peat (I know Waynesville and Mariemont will have something to say I hope).

Good luck to all teams! We finished the season!
I have similar expectations. D3 probably not exciting (hoping I’m wrong). D2 should be good (teams tied 2-2 in regular season). Know nothing about D1.

So grateful to get through the season!

Madison scores in first 3 minutes! Corner kick. Attempted bike. Loose ball falls to open player on the doorstep.

Granville has carried much of the play in the first half and just scored on what I think was their first corner of the game. 1-1 with 7 left first half. Another great game. Teams very evenly matched. Madison extremely dangerous on the counterattack with center mid and forward.

Madison and Granville tied at 1 at the half! No idea who will win. For as much possession and territorial advantage Granville had throughout the half, Madison seemed to have the better chances. Love the contrast in two excellent teams.

Madison knuckled free kick from midfield...caught by keeper...but dropped...Madison puts home the rebound...2-1 with 25 minutes left.

Great game - thought Granville was the better team, I would say at least 60-40 possession, but never really threatened to score in the second half other than a PK and a free kick that forced two tremendous saves. Mansfield really packed it in, but I would too with the pace and counter ability that their striker #30 had. I was impressed with one of the Mansfield center mids as well. Good match

OHSAA with another douchey yet typical move- charging for a live stream during COVID? PATHETIC. (BTW, i was told by multiple coaches across the state that the D3 game was horrid soccer- since i wasnt about to support the douchey OHSSA i did NOT see it so i can not confirm or deny- just reporting).

As I mentioned, in a different thread...

What is everyone’s prediction for all the state wide regional finals this Saturday?

D1:
Strongsville vs Hoban
This is the best D1 game of the day, IMHO. The winner of this game should be the favorite to win the state title. Szijarto can score some goals but the lady mustangs will keep her contained. Strongsville, 2-1.

I don't know enough about the other games to make predictions.

OHSAA with another douchey yet typical move- charging for a live stream during COVID? PATHETIC. (BTW, i was told by multiple coaches across the state that the D3 game was horrid soccer- since i wasnt about to support the douchey OHSSA i did NOT see it so i can not confirm or deny- just reporting).

How is it a bad move for the OHSAA try to make a little bit of money, It costs money to stream, have announcers and rent the stadiums. Heck soccer even stayed at the big stadium, volleyball went to a high school.

I paid the $10.99 for the month subscription to NFHS network, downloaded the app and watched all the soccer finals and volleyball semi finals yesterday. I was not going to be able to get tickets to volleyball.

I don’t watch a lot of soccer during the season but since it was being streamed I was able to switch between the two sports and enjoy the soccer games also.

Heck NFHS is running a special... if you get somebody else else to sign up you get a month subscription for free.

I will watch 12 volleyball and 6 soccer matches on the NFHS app in 3 days, a total cost .61 per game, awesome deal. Thank goodness I budgeted the $10.99 in my entertainment envelope for the month of November.

Thanks OHSAA for making it available.

How is it a bad move for the OHSAA try to make a little bit of money, It costs money to stream, have announcers and rent the stadiums. Heck soccer even stayed at the big stadium, volleyball went to a high school.

I paid the $10.99 for the month subscription to NFHS network, downloaded the app and watched all the soccer finals and volleyball semi finals yesterday. I was not going to be able to get tickets to volleyball.

I don’t watch a lot of soccer during the season but since it was being streamed I was able to switch between the two sports and enjoy the soccer games also.

Heck NFHS is running a special... if you get somebody else else to sign up you get a month subscription for free.

I will watch 12 volleyball and 6 soccer matches on the NFHS app in 3 days, a total cost .61 per game, awesome deal. Thank goodness I budgeted the $10.99 in my entertainment envelope for the month of November.

I really enjoy the nfhs network site throughout the year. It’s cool to watch games from around the state (wish there were more...but this year especially there was a surge) and I’ve gotten to see a number of great games from around the country (a half dozen or so times seeing games of friends’ children in state tournaments). With no public tickets available I was very happy to be able to watch yesterday’s games.

HI OHSAA BURNER ACCOUNT!!! NOT TOOOOOOO OBVIOUS. HILARIOUS. eh.

If COVID is actually real (spoiler alert it is NOT), and since Dirrrrrwine forced everyone to hide and cower in their dryers with the FAKE second wave of the FAKE common cold....errrrrr....virus supposedly happening, WHY would the good ole boys club (OHSAA) NOT take FULL AND UNFAIR ADVANTAGE of the fake virus??? DIRRRRRRRRR.

OHSAA old guy- So you CAN'T attend the event because the smart evil virus will find you and KILL you!!! (even though 99.99999% of everyone across the world has NOT died and didnt even know they had it)

OHSAA old guy part two- Instead, you OBVIOUSLY need to pay us a TON of money and stay safe in your dryer and look at the live stream through the dryer door. Don't ask questions about our lack of logic and DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD.

HELICOPTER PARENTS- "all heil Dirrrrrrrwine. tell us what to think and do herr dirrrwine."

'MERICA!!