State Championship Updates (Marion Local vs. Lucas)

Marion Local ball on Lucas 4
1-run 2 yards
1-Penalty holding on Marion Local. Loss of 10
2-pass INTERCEPTED at the goal line

Lucas takes over on their own 22. 5:47 left in 2Q

Lucas ball on Marion Local 48. 3:12 to go in half

1-run 2 yards
2-run 2 yards
3-run 1 yard
4-Going for it.. Timeout Lucas
1:50 to go in 2Q

Is it me or has the officiating been poor so far in the title games? That was a pretty big Lucas fumble the refs missed. Not sure how the one guy didn't see it as he was right there.

Is it me or has the officiating been poor so far in the title games? That was a pretty big Lucas fumble the refs missed. Not sure how the one guy didn't see it as he was right there.
Very poor. False starts by Lucas, bad call on the fumble and wings are starting early going forward.

Lucas ball on Marion Local 38

1-QB run 9 yards
2-sacked, fumble recovered by Lucas at Marion Local 40.
Time out Lucas.

1:12 left in 2Q

Maybe an alternative to competitive balance is the final 4 in each division must move to a higher division for the next 2 seasons. Eventually, ML would play against teams that will be their equal or better.

Lucas ball on Marion Local 40.

3-Pass incomplete
4-Going for it..
Time out Lucas (final TO)

1:04 to go in 2Q

Very poor. False starts by Lucas, bad call on the fumble and wings are starting early going forward.
I’m not able to watch the game, but there are legal pre-snap motions and Lucas incorporates an entire bevy of them (including many that aren’t usually seen) into their offense. I think the refs know which ones are illegal ones.

Maybe an alternative to competitive balance is the final 4 in each division must move to a higher division for the next 2 seasons. Eventually, ML would play against teams that will be their equal or better.

See last year, were in 6, lost to Kirtland. Kirtland has been the only real true threat in week 15

Lucas ball on Marion Local 40

4-Going for it.. pass incomplete

Marion Local takes over at their own 40.

:57 seconds to go till half

I’m not able to watch the game, but there are legal pre-snap motions and Lucas incorporates an entire bevy of them (including many that aren’t usually seen) into their offense. I think the refs know which ones are illegal ones.
I played triple option in HS and realize that too. But you still cannot move forward before the snap.

Sometimes officials miss calls. These guys are working these games for a reason. Very easy to criticize. I've been overall impressed by the quality of officiating in these games.

Marion Local ball on their own 40.

1-pass 9 yards, PENALTY block in the back on Marion Local.
1-PENALTY false start on Marion Local.

Ball on their own 26.
1-run 12 yards

End of 2Q

Problem is you are then punishing the upcoming freshmen, sophomores and juniors due to success earned in the most part by the seniors.

The refs must love working these small school games. After EVERY play they hand the ball to the ref. The guys in stripes almost never have to bend over to pick up a ball.

I'm always impressed with the football IQ of the players on these MAC teams. You just knew that the ML DB was not going to intercept a 4th down pass but instead knock it down.