State Championship Updates (Licking Valley vs. Clyde)

Clyde ball on LV 33.

1- run 6 yards
2- run (-3) yards
3- run 0 yards

Clyde 28
LV 7

End 3Q

Clyde ball on LV 7.

1- run 5 yards
2- run 0 yards
3- run 1 yard
4- Timeout Clyde

9:31 4Q

LV ball on Clyde 46.

1- pass 3 yards
2- pass incomplete
3- pass intercepted...Clyde returns it to LV 31.

8:57 4Q

LV ball on Clyde 26.

1- pass incomplete...almost intercepted. (2:00 4Q)
2- pass incomplete
3- pass 22 yards

First down

1:00 4Q

LV ball on Clyde 4.

1- pass 4 yards. TD...penalty Clyde too many men on the field (assessed on kickoff) TD stands

:55 4Q

ELN5--AWoAAD148.jpg

Wow. Clyde has more trouble in their region than in the semi finals and finals. And I would agree most thought Region 14 was the weakest region in D4 before the playoffs began.

Wow. Clyde has more trouble in their region than in the semi finals and finals. And I would agree most thought Region 14 was the weakest region in D4 before the playoffs began.
I tried telling people Clyde was for real. They were well tested before the playoffs even began. 5 out of 6 teams in their division made the playoffs. 3 of them in Div III.

Clyde's four losses came to higher division foes who all made the playoffs, with three of those losses coming by one score — 25-23 to Division II Toledo St. Francis DeSales, 49-42 to Division III Columbian, and 41-40 in overtime to Division III Norwalk.
Counting the playoffs, the Fliers went 8-0 against Division IV opponents.
Clyde is the first regional 8-seed to win a state football title since St. Henry in 2004 and only the second to do so in OHSAA history.

the interesting thing about Clyde is that their six regular season wins came against zero winning records, yet it was enough to make the playoffs at 6-4 -- though all four losses were to playoff teams in D3 or D2 (most narrow margins)