D7: Harvest Prep over Cuyahoga Heights

D1: St.Edward over Pickerington Central
D2: Hoban over Lasalle
D3: Hartley over SVSM
D4: Clinton Massey over Perry
D5: Kirtland over Taft
D6: Anna over Mogadore
D7: Harvest Prep over Cuyahoga Heights

Hartley over SVSM is very unlikely unless Glenville makes it out of region 10 so SVSM would play Glenville in the semifinals. The region 9 winner has played the region 11 winner for as long as i can remember.

Hartley over SVSM is very unlikely unless Glenville makes it out of region 10 so SVSM would play Glenville in the semifinals. The region 9 winner has played the region 11 winner for as long as i can remember.
Yeah, totally forgot about that. Hartley over Trotwood then but Glenville could win that region. They have the talent.

So, do you think it will be Oak Harbor and Kirtland in the championship game?

I think those are the two best teams in D5, but i’m not sure if they’ll meet in the championship game. Depending on who wins region 19, Kirtland would either face the winner of that region or Oak Harbor in the semifinals.

Yeah, totally forgot about that. Hartley over Trotwood then but Glenville could win that region. They have the talent.

I also agree that they could win this region, but they haven’t been tested since week 3 and open up against a tough Norwalk team in the first round. If they make it out of that one, they should easily breeze past the second round but will face either a really good Columbian team or an even better Mansfield team. I also think that if Trotwood makes it out of the region, they’ll win state.

So, do you think the final will Kirtland vs Oak Harbor ?
i think it depends on the draw. but right now my state semifinals are probably going to be Springfield Shawnee vs Ridgewood and Orrville vs Kirtland. is it possible they send the R20 winner to play the R18 winner? absolutely. but i think if the Region 18 winner is east of columbus, then R20 will get R19.

That probably would be a state semifinal.
i like Harvest Prep to actually get to the final and then get waxed by the Locals or Loramie. Harvest Prep has a very good squad this year, and CH does as well. Loramie or ML should destroy the R26 winner in all fairness.

D1: St Ed's
D2: Archbishop Hoban
D3: Bishop Hartley
D4: Wyoming
D5: Kirtland
D6: Minster
D7: Winner of next weeks Fort Loramie/Marion Local game which I have not made my mind up on yet.

i think it depends on the draw. but right now my state semifinals are probably going to be Springfield Shawnee vs Ridgewood and Orrville vs Kirtland. is it possible they send the R20 winner to play the R18 winner? absolutely. but i think if the Region 18 winner is east of columbus, then R20 will get R19.
Think you’re on to something. Only other factor is if the state makes a “ratings” decision. The chance for a Kirtland v Orrville final (“tonight on Spectrum - two defending champs against each other”) might temp them to make the semis into long road trips.
That said, Orrville could lose to EC in week 11. That region, even with Eastwood’s issues, is tough. Dr Drew (fantastic50) has 3 of state’s top 5 & 5 of top 10 in R18.

Think you’re on to something. Only other factor is if the state makes a “ratings” decision. The chance for a Kirtland v Orrville final (“tonight on Spectrum - two defending champs against each other”) might temp them to make the semis into long road trips.
That said, Orrville could lose to EC in week 11. That region, even with Eastwood’s issues, is tough. Dr Drew (fantastic50) has 3 of state’s top 5 & 5 of top 10 in R18.
and i completely agree. it’s very possibly they send the R20 winner to Orrville but i don’t think it will happen. my take- if Oak Harbor, Pleasant, Eastwood, or Liberty Benton win, they could be playing the R20 winner. i think this becomes unlikely if a team south of Columbus wins 19. say you get Columbus Academy, West Jefferson, Oak Harbor, and Kirtland, i think you’ll get Kirtland vs Oak Harbor and West Jeff vs Columbus Academy. it is very dependent on who comes out of the R19, because let’s be realistic. Kirtland shouldn’t be playing Ironton in a state semifinal.

Last edited:
D1 - Mentor (Last year St Eds got revenge in the playoffs, but I think Mentor gets by them this time)
D2 - La Salle (All the discussion about Massillon and Hoban, and then there's La Salle who beat St Xavier and Elder)
D3 - Bishop Hartley (This division seems kind of boring this year)
D4 - Clinton-Massie (Only loss to D2, 9-1 Avon Lake by 1 point, and beat Bishop Hartley on the road by 10)
D5 - Kirtland (Defending state champ Orrville has the best player in D5, but Kirtland's defense and toughness prevail)
D6 - Oh geez... Somebody from Region 23. No sense even trying to guess. Maybe Coldwater.
D7 - Marion Local (Hard to go against them in D7)

1. St. Eds (It's going to be tough for Mentor to beat Eds twice)
2. Massillon (It's finally their time)
3. SVSM (Snuck into the playoffs, but damn are they good)
4. Wyoming (Evan Prater)
5. Ironton (It's been a while for this storied program)
6. Trimble (It's going to be someone from region 21 or region 23)
7. Marion Local (Can't see anyone beating them)

St. Edward | Springfield | Pick Central | Elder
Massillon | Avon Lake | Tol Central Catholic | LaSalle
ASVSM
| Mansfield | Hartley | Trotwood
Perry | Wauseon | Licking Valley | Clinton Massie
Kirtland
| Liberty Benton | Ironton | Springfield Shawnee
Mogadore | Western Reserve | Minster | Covington
Cuy Heights | Leipsic | Newark Catholic | Marion Local

D1: Mentor | Springfield | Pick Central | Colerain (Colerain vs Mentor- Mentor)
D2: Massillon | Avon Lake | Toledo CC | LaSalle (LaSalle vs Massillon- Massillon)
D3: SVSM | Norwalk | Bishop Hartley | Trotwood (SVSM vs Trotwood- Trotwood)
D4: Perry | Ottawa Glandorf | Licking Valley | Wyoming (Perry vs Wyoming- Wyoming)
D5: Kirtland | Orrville | Ironton | Shawnee (Shawnee vs Kirtland- Kirtland)
D6: Mogadore | East Knox | Anna | Covington (Mogadore vs Anna- Anna)
D7: Cuyahoga Heights | Leipsic | Harvest Prep | Marion Local (Harvest Prep vs Marion Local- Marion Local)

I - Mentor v Olentangy Liberty
II - Massilon v TCC
III - Hartley v Mansfield
IV - Wyoming v Licking Valley
V - Kirtland v Orrville
VI - Anna v Fort Frye
VII - Marion Local v Lucas

Last edited:
A big "thanks for playing" goes out to everyone who thought SVSM was going deep into the playoffs. They got beat by Streetsboro last night. It's not 2013.