State Championship Locations

Nothing new on OHSAA site - coaches have not yet received communication outside of the last update stating that the OHSAA is planning to run 3 separate sites, all likely/aimed to be at Central Ohio High Schools.

rumor has it that D1 is going to Hilliard Darby while they are still looking for D2 and D3 locations. I find it somewhat troubling at this point of the season you do not have a location locked down for these tournaments. The main issue is school willing to host as the OHSAA has sent out requests. I am not sure if it was a price thing, but to me the logical thing would have been keep it at OSU and have D1 at Schott, d2 at St. John, and D3 at Coveli, if price was an issue then they should have been searching for other areas sooner and maybe they did, but it is troubling to me they do not have a spot locked in yet. School swill need to scramble to lock down transportation and hotels and everything else if it is moved out of Central Ohio

I'm sure its probably a price issue with OSU. Also, i think i read OSU just doesnt want the high school stuff this year.

I can almost guarantee that it is a price issue with OSU. For the state track meet over 2 days Ohio State wants over $100,000. Over the next few years you are going to see the OHSAA not host anything at OSU.

You gotta have it somewhere besides a highschool. Covelile in Youngstown? The q , gotta be somewhere? Civic Center?How can we be 11 months removed from the state tournament and ohsaa doesn't have a actual facility on lockdown ? Not a highschool for Pete's sake. The coaches association acted within a month and made it happen in high schools for the duals.

He was not happy, crying because he was cold since we had to wait in line outside for close to 2 hours for weigh ins.
I remember what it was like.
My favorite was the restrooms that flooded and all of those little kids walking straight to the mats with wet shoes. ?

You gotta have it somewhere besides a highschool. Covelile in Youngstown? The q , gotta be somewhere? Civic Center?How can we be 11 months removed from the state tournament and ohsaa doesn't have a actual facility on lockdown ? Not a highschool for Pete's sake. The coaches association acted within a month and made it happen in high schools for the duals.
That's pretty much a guarantee at this point.

Oh good God, I still have nightmares about weighing in my 6 year old there for OAC in the barn or whatever it was.
I attended a high school district there with a fraction of the crowds vs OAC stuff. It wasn't that bad.

I mean indiana state is in bankers life field house pacers., Michigan is in ford field. Pa the giant center.The list goes on.I mean wth! We are settling for a damn high school because Ohsaa is broke? I believe 2019 the say they grossed almost 3 million if i remember right. So how much do the employees take off the top????? Where is it spent??? I Say dump them and let the coaches association run it.

Hahahaha, I grew up in Marion. What a disaster that place is.

I had my HS graduation in that dump.

You gotta see the sweet Christmas lights display they do there during the holidays.

I mean indiana state is in bankers life field house pacers., Michigan is in ford field. Pa the giant center.The list goes on.I mean wth! We are settling for a damn high school because Ohsaa is broke? I believe 2019 the say they grossed almost 3 million if i remember right. So how much do the employees take off the top????? Where is it spent??? I Say dump them and let the coaches association run it.

I think we are settling for that because OSU is a no go because of COVID. I don't think it has anything to do with price. Michigan is at Ford Field this year? Last I heard they aren't even having a season.

I heard that OHSAA was inquiring with High Schools before the season even started.

I think we are settling for that because OSU is a no go because of COVID. I don't think it has anything to do with price. Michigan is at Ford Field this year? Last I heard they aren't even having a season.

I heard that OHSAA was inquiring with High Schools before the season even started.
Michigan is wrestling an unofficial state tournament in OHIO. They may already have Marion on lockdown. o_O

I bet they where , basically so they can have state for free.

I can almost guarantee that it is a price issue with OSU. For the state track meet over 2 days Ohio State wants over $100,000. Over the next few years you are going to see the OHSAA not host anything at OSU.
Sadly, I agree with you. I would also go further and say that OHSAA will likely stick with the high school venues in the future even though their current rationale is the pandemic excuse.

Steubenville was a day at the Ritz compared to the Coliseum.

I just remember all the urinals over flowing at Steubenville, then people tracking piss onto the mats, horrible. And the warmup mats were practically in a closet. The only good thing about Marion was the 1 hour drive. lol

OHSAA posts yearly third party audits on their website. You can look up all the info you like on how much employees make, where the money gets spent, etc.