bodiaz

My Stark Top 5
1. Massillon
2. Perry
3. McKinley
4. Lake
5. CCC

Biggest Surprises from week 2
1. Louisville opening things up against Hoover, Leps showed a balance offense which will come in handy as the season progresses. Once again, it looks like Hoover has issue on the defensive side of the ball, which could spell trouble as the FED moves forward.
2. STA, this team was given up for dead this past year, they are a sneaky 2-0 now with a nice win over East Canton.
3. Alliance, I know Niles was suppose to be improved, but you cannot lose a game like this at home, especially if you have playoff aspirations.

Marque games on tap for Week 3:
1. Euclid at McKinley: Dion Valentine is the real deal at QB, going off for nearly 340 yards last week. I expect the Bulldogs to feed Euclid a heavy dose of running to control the clock. Has all the makings of a super game.
2. Boardman @ Jackson, throwback game to old Fed rivals, probably make or break game for both teams, both have losses, and a loss here by the Polar Bears, coupled with the next two being Perry and Lake, could send the season South fast. Boardman with a win has a realistic shot at going 8-2 based on their schedule.
3. New Philly at Marlington, strangely, these teams were never in the FED together, Dukes left in 85 and Philly came in 88. Philly has looked like world beaters their first two games, but the level of competition was questionable. A win here by the Dukes would go along way towards making the playoffs
4. Massillon @ Harding, another throwback to the defunct All American Conference! This should be a highly entertaining game with tons of scoring, both teams can move the ball. This will be the Tigers 1st away game!

Toilet Bowl Games
1. Akron North @ South: North brings a 44 game losing streak into this game, their last win was in 2014 over Kenmore. South is bringing a 7 game losing streak into this game, they have been beaten by a bad Kent Roosevelt and manhandled by Northwest.

Stark County Top 5 Passers:
1. Beck CCC 609 yards
2. Longwell Mass 477 yards
3. Greiner Marlington 418
4. Jones Lou 408
5. Ashby NC 348

Rushing
1. Cundiff Perry 358
2. Griguolo NC 293
3. Owens Lake 286
4. Sabatino Marlington 281
5. Garrett McK 245

Receptions
1. Cooley Marlington 17
2. Wilson-Lamp Mass 13
3. Johnson NC 12
4. Rode Lou 12
5. Diruzza CCC & Burt STA 10

Scoring
1. Johnson NC 36 pts
1. Cundiff Perry 36
3. Miller CCC 30
4. Sabatino Marlington 24
4. Ballard Mass 24

Tackles
1. Maricocchi Lake 23
2. Kennedy Lou 19
2. Carr Marl 19
4. Goard Lou 17
5. Short Fairless 15, Slutz Fairless 15

Average Offensive Points
1. Massillon 49.5
2. Hoover 37
3. NW 36
4. Mck 32.5
5. Lou 32

Average Points Allowed
1. Lake 3.5
2. NW 13.5 & Massillon 13.5
4. Marlington 17 & Sandy Valley 17

Good Luck to all the Stark County Teams this coming weekend!

Last edited:

I’m not very good at math, but considering Lake has given up only 7 points on the year I find it hard to believe they aren’t number 1 on “points allowed”

I’m not very good at math, but considering Lake has given up only 7 points on the year I find it hard to believe they aren’t number 1 on “points allowed”

My bad, I had them at 3.5 in my notes, but due to poor penmanship, I looked at as 35. corrected above. Lake came into the year with a lot of hype about their defense unlike the Browns, it looks like the hype was true

Hey Bodiaz.... Great research for the thread! (nobody is perfect)

Now that is Banter with Facts! - nice job!

Looks like my Crusaders are really throwing the pigskin - nice job!

Lamier Garrett (Canton McKinley) has 375 yards rushing.I believe that is the most.

245 yards against Warren Harding
130 yards against Akron Buchtel

375 yards Total

Lamier Garrett (Canton McKinley) has 375 yards rushing.I believe that is the most.

245 yards against Warren Harding
130 yards against Akron Buchtel

375 yards Total

My very early but confident prediction for Stark County POY. VERY good, and he's the team.

My Stark Top 5
1. Massillon
2. Perry
3. McKinley
4. Lake
5. CCC

Biggest Surprises from week 2
1. Louisville opening things up against Hoover, Leps showed a balance offense which will come in handy as the season progresses. Once again, it looks like Hoover has issue on the defensive side of the ball, which could spell trouble as the FED moves forward.
2. STA, this team was given up for dead this past year, they are a sneaky 2-0 now with a nice win over East Canton.
3. Alliance, I know Niles was suppose to be improved, but you cannot lose a game like this at home, especially if you have playoff aspirations.

1. Euclid at McKinley: Dion Valentine is the real deal at QB, going off for nearly 340 yards last week. I expect the Bulldogs to feed Euclid a heavy dose of running to control the clock. Has all the makings of a super game.
2. Boardman @ Jackson, throwback game to old Fed rivals, probably make or break game for both teams, both have losses, and a loss here by the Polar Bears, coupled with the next two being Perry and Lake, could send the season South fast. Boardman with a win has a realistic shot at going 8-2 based on their schedule.
3. New Philly at Marlington, strangely, these teams were never in the FED together, Dukes left in 85 and Philly came in 88. Philly has looked like world beaters their first two games, but the level of competition was questionable. A win here by the Dukes would go along way towards making the playoffs
4. Massillon @ Harding, another throwback to the defunct All American Conference! This should be a highly entertaining game with tons of scoring, both teams can move the ball. This will be the Tigers 1st away game!

Toilet Bowl Games
1. Akron North @ South: North brings a 44 game losing streak into this game, their last win was in 2014 over Kenmore. South is bringing a 7 game losing streak into this game, they have been beaten by a bad Kent Roosevelt and manhandled by Northwest.

Stark County Top 5 Passers:
1. Beck CCC 609 yards
2. Longwell Mass 477 yards
3. Greiner Marlington 418
4. Jones Lou 408
5. Ashby NC 348

Rushing
1. Cundiff Perry 358
2. Griguolo NC 293
3. Owens Lake 286
4. Sabatino Marlington 281
5. Garrett McK 245

Receptions
1. Cooley Marlington 17
2. Wilson-Lamp Mass 13
3. Johnson NC 12
4. Rode Lou 12
5. Diruzza CCC & Burt STA 10

Scoring
1. Johnson NC 36 pts
1. Cundiff Perry 36
3. Miller CCC 30
4. Sabatino Marlington 24
4. Ballard Mass 24

Tackles
1. Maricocchi Lake 23
2. Kennedy Lou 19
2. Carr Marl 19
4. Goard Lou 17
5. Short Fairless 15, Slutz Fairless 15

Average Offensive Points
1. Massillon 49.5
2. Hoover 37
3. NW 36
4. Mck 32.5
5. Lou 32

Average Points Allowed
1. Lake 3.5
2. NW 13.5 & Massillon 13.5
4. Marlington 17 & Sandy Valley 17

Good Luck to all the Stark County Teams this coming weekend!
Hmmmmmm the top 2 passers so far this year are Beck-CCC and Longwell-Massillon, interestingly both came through the Perry system in their younger days,just sayin

The Longwells lived in Massillon before they lived in Perry.

How could those two leave? It surprises me that those two great passers weren't chomping at the bit to turn and hand the ball off 99% of the time.

Last edited:
My Stark Top 5

With all due respect, there is no bigger game in the state this week than Iggy @ Hoban, it's good to see that a D2 team like Hoban will take on anyone, unlike some other teams that like to say they will play anyone, but in reality they schedule down instead of up!

D2

Algorithm Percentiles of winning the State Title
1. Hoban 72
2. Massillon 58
3. Winton Woods 54
4. Lasalle 52.6
5. Avon 40.1
6. Wadsworth 39.7
7. Toledo CCC 36.4
8. Cinc Turpin 31.2
9. Avon Lake 28.2
10. Anthony Wayne 27.9

Notable Area Teams: 15. Perry 24, 16. Hoover 23.9, 18. Wooster 23, 19. Lake 22.8. and 21. Barberton 21.5

D2 Stength of Schedule (higher the better)(only counting teams listed above)
1. Wooster 38.4
2. Hoban 27.7
3. Avon Lake 27
4. Lasalle 24.2
5. Wadsworth 18.7
6. Avon 16.5
7. Winton Woods 15.7
8. Barberton 15.5
9. Hoover 12.6
10. Turpin 12.2
11. Massillon 11.3
12. Perry 9.7
13. Anthony Wayne 7.3
14. Toledo CCC 5.1
15. Lake -1.1

D1

1. Mentor 72.3
2. St. Xav 60.7
3. St. Ed 59.1
4. St. Iggy 58.5
5. Colerain 53.6
6. Pickerington Central 52.7
7. Elder 49.8
8. Dub Coff 49.3
9. Hilliard Dav 42.9
10. Fairfield 41.9
20. Mck 34.9

SOS
1. Mentor 58.8
2. Iggy 58.4
3. St. Ed 49
4. Colerain 46.5
5. St. X 42.5
6. Dublin Coff 30.4
7. Elder 29.4
8. Pickerington Central 27.6
9. Farifield 24.2
10. Hilliard Dav 16.9
Mck 12.5

D3

No Stark Area Schools in top 25

D4

No Stark Area Schools in top 25

D5

Stark and Area Schools in top 25
1. Orrville 37.1
12. Manchester 9.0
19. CCC 5.8

SOS
1. CCC 13.3
2. Machester 10.4
3. Orrville -11

D6

No Stark Schools in top 25

D7
STA 20th with a SOS of -9.4

You played a D3 school and a team that will not likely win another game this season, so, yes, there should be an asterisks
Maybe we should just cancel games with all teams that are not expected to win a title or having a down year. But that would mean we should have dropped McKinley years ago. Different screen name same idiotic posts.

Maybe we should just cancel games with all teams that are not expected to win a title or having a down year. But that would mean we should have dropped McKinley years ago. Different screen name same idiotic posts.

If everyone followed your logic, and teams didnt schedule teams that win titles, then Massillon wouldn't be scheduled by anyone, they currently rank 686th in Ohio for state titles with 0

Guys, why don't you take your argument over to the Stark County Banter thread, we get it, , one of you hates Massillon, and the other hates everyone opposed to Massillon! Let's keep things positive and informative in this thread, the county has a vast and great history of high school football, and this year is looking like a strong season for many of the teams throughout the county!

Guys, why don't you take your argument over to the Stark County Banter thread, we get it, , one of you hates Massillon, and the other hates everyone opposed to Massillon! Let's keep things positive and informative in this thread, the county has a vast and great history of high school football, and this year is looking like a strong season for many of the teams throughout the county!

GREAT POST!! Thank you.
If you mean us tigers it should be noted Iggy doesn't wanna play us anymore

Huh?